ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

moving to singapore for income..

Posted by ks 
moving to singapore for income..
December 20, 2013 06:53PM
Faces many challenges, and by all means DO NOT OPT INCOME OVER GURSIKHI, as potential employer will make that ultimatum ji.
Also, do not expect Gurdwara here to be accommodating or sympathetic, because they are limited by what they can do or want to help those new here Ji.
Please take a trial on the job here (vacation from other job in India, DO NOT QUIT YET) ji.
The Singapore of old days respected family more than today's preference for long work hours, low income ji.
Stress level is high, alcohol, tobacco, even drugs high due to stress ji...BHAGTI IS THUS GREATLY AFFTECTED, SOUL WEAKENS...
I would never move to Singapore, as it has become today ji..
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The current day Singapore is very much shaped by the materialistic Chinese mentality that is devoid of Dharma. You can never have peace of mind and engage in Bani and Naam with the ridicilously long working hours. Never mover in, in the first place. Many gursikhs I know have left it.
Re: moving to singapore for income..
December 21, 2013 08:29AM
Very well said Guruvah jio...many restless dead souls here too Ji...never knew about dharma, thus they died in Maya, and sin while living...now their restless souls linger on, and made fun of by those living same as they did, not realizing their souls will suffer same fate ji..
Sad though that not only Chinese, but our kaum, AND GURDWARA...money, beauty, status command all respect, attention..dharma is simply turning to God for granting of Maya desires ji..
Thus my daily ardas to sell home, move to where Rehitvaan Gurmukhs are, anything less leads to reincarnation cycle...please pass on to youth who are Rehitvaan Gurmukhs, to stay away..remain where they are if they have freedom to maintain Gursikhi at current location..
bhul chuk muaf Waheguru...
December 21, 2013 11:53PM
I would like to clarify about Chinese though. I doubt the long hours, is their initiation as this is actually in India, other third world countries. I believe the many Indians here, running all police, security, etc could be responsible ji...but that is just an assumption ji.
In old days, Chinese employers were best, giving red packet ($ incentive known as ang pow), other goodies, year end generous bonus of an extra month or more paycheck in Dec.
Then the PAP government, major Chinese pay out to our retirement fund a share of profit when economy is good. Singaporeans to this day contribute a certain percentage towards retirement fund known as CPF, and employer pays equal or more ji.
There was lots of generous really big donations by Chinese companies to charities too.
The list goes on...even now they try to make housing affordable..but banks finance housing loan versus government in old days. It seems to me a lot of privatization, like USA, but Waheguru knows where the long work hours, and low pay exploitation got diseased in Singapore Ji.
My discontentment with Chinese used to favor Chinese or Chinese speaking for employment, though this seems only a trinkle now ji..
Also, it is in Chinese nature to make merry with lots of alcohol, smoking, gambling, havas high too..crimes, adultery, more than one spouse...thus all races do same...who not into devotion to Waheguru..thus Bhai Rajinder Singh Singapur vale..mohe na bisaro Gursaiah..
I recall attending non Gurdwara smagams in tents, that was just like Sant Ranjit Singh Ji's .
Today, even Gurdwaras mostly run like business establishments sadly..
Waheguru
December 22, 2013 02:51AM
Forgot to add, work hours then was 8 hours fulltime, inclusive 1 hr paid lunch, and 2 15 mins paid tea break ji.
weekends mostly no work, all business close early; 9pm, including tv media, which ends before midnight..cannot recall exact time..but it was also, so much less crowd, thus commuting to work was not too stressful as well..
Best was Gurdwara presence with Gurmukh Justice Choor Singh ji, wrote a book supporting Sant Bhindranwale Jio, as a Saint, and there is still living aged Jaswant Singh Gill, highest ranking military Singh, who was always strictly disciplining non-attentive Sangat in Gurdwara to listen up to Gurbani ji...gone are blessed days..but Guru Gobind Singh Jio is so ang sangey in His way, letting me know jio...
December 22, 2013 06:39PM
...Waheguru government buildings interior used to be so posh..now neglected, including airport causing sick building syndrome...chest pain ji
Maybe you should think of gurbani panktiyaa to cheer you up
Just like you I have been through hard times as well.. I am sorry you have to work so hard..

but it is a gursikhs duty to always be in chardi kala state no matter what happens

Koyee aan milaavai mera preetham pyaaraa: You cant unite yourself with guru sahib he can unite himself with you if he wishes

It is HIS will that you have to endure this

Tera kiyaa meeta lagai har naam padaraath nanak maangai... You have to always be happy .. this sadness and constant complaining isn't goingto get you very far

so maybe you should try to jap naam..
December 23, 2013 08:23PM
Complaining is due to underlying motive...as many anti terror authorities visit thus site..thus when one voice out, sometimes improvement occurs, everyone benefits ji...
Gurbani, Naam, and complaining is all His Hukam for this murakh, bachi Singhni ji...
December 24, 2013 04:01AM
And if you read my posts above again, it is mostly praising the old day Singapore Singhni versus the current day, a fact, not complaint, confirmed by Guruvah.
My last post is a valid complaint/ concern affecting many, a lady who wore mask, just one of many who has left unhealthy work environment...just as you were not content with replies to attain to Waheguru, with as much kamai without sleeping...likewise I will not turn the other way when there is a valid concern ji...
I am sorry to irk you, and others in the process, and I can focus on Naam, Gurbani as Waheguru Hukam for me ji..
In Sri Kalgidhar Patshah, Guru Gobind Singh Jio had pointed to this lady who took inititave so suffering of others could end, and Guru Gobind Singh Jio thanked her with stating, "if not for you so many of us would have gone on suffering.."
The lady was confused, and replied to Guru Jio, "so MANY OF YOU? But you are only ONE?"
My humble request is for you Singhni, and others who feel same way, to not read my posts, if you cannot understand the underlying purpose for my posts ji...
Gurbani, and Naam cleanses our soul, but we still have to reach out, and do what we can to better our environment ji...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login