ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

when it comes to upholding the dignity of Guru Sahib and His Khalsa Panth.

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
Lessons learned from Saka Chamkaur Sahib

These are just my own thoughts I am expressing. Please correct whatever you find incorrect and forgive me.

Bhai Roop Chand submitted his garhi at the feet of Guru Sahib. Later on he was tortured till martyrdom. A true Sikh doesn't think before sacrificing all his/her material possessions along with his life when it comes to upholding the dignity of Guru Sahib and His Khalsa Panth.

Historians say that Guru Sahib Himself looked after the Singhs as they were asleep the night before the final battle. He tied their kesh, tied their turbans, tended to their wounds, and according to some historians its said that He even kissed their wounded feet. Sikhi is the only path where the Eternal Lord sees Himself as the attendant of His devotees.

Sahibzada Baba Jujhar Singh ji himself came forward and requested to be allowed to go into the heat of battle. It is said that Guru Sahib was very much pleased and said that if I had to tell you to go fight, there would have been some minor weakness left in My Panth. But since you've yourself come forward and asked for it, you shall become a shining example. This is the quality of a Sikh warrior. He doesn't wait for any orders or requests when it comes to upholding the dignity of Guru Sahib and His Khalsa Panth.

The 40 Singhs who we are are so proud of came from totally different backgrounds. They came from different so-called castes, and also from different parts of India. Yet during this battle they fought shoulder to shoulder, they fought as one unit, and who knows, perhaps many of them were martyred trying to save one another so that the other Singh would live on to fight another day as well. I very strongly feel that Saka Chamkaur Sahib should be a thunderbolt lesson for all of us to completely disown any differences that exist among us, be it based on Jathebandis, or so-called caste, or any sort of regional differences, whatever it may be. GurSikhs totally abhor all useless man-made differences and go to the extent of fighting united till their last breath and last drop of blood when it comes to upholding the dignity of Guru Sahib and His Khalsa Panth.

There are many more endless lessons, these are just a few which I managed to think of and compile.

Mehtab Singh
Dec. 20, 2013
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Veer Ji, truely so. Gursikhs are always ready to sacrifice their materials and physical self, to GURU SAHIB. They live and die for their LORD.
Vaaheguroo jee!

Jatinderpal Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login