ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

e-sehaj paath?

Posted by k.sehaj 
e-sehaj paath?
December 11, 2013 05:10PM
daas has recently noticed a lot of people doing all their sehaj paath on their personal devices (eg phones or tablets). What is the sangat's view on this?
bhul chuk maaf

Sukhsehaj Kaur
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: e-sehaj paath?
December 12, 2013 12:34AM
Waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh...... I also want to ask the same question, as I am suffering from cervical pain so cant do path with bending my neck ,so I sit infront of pc and recite sehaj paath.. Is it wrong ya right???
December 12, 2013 04:27AM
I do jio...sehaj path on my iPhone...blisss...rains heavy in jalandha jagat when I contemplate just one i ang each day jio...just ishnaan, and respect as with doing actual Gurbani path Ji...Veer Bhai Kulbir Singh jio confirmation needed though...
Mai andley ki tekh ji..
bhul chuk muaf Waheguru jio
December 12, 2013 06:57AM
There is nothing wrong in doing Paath from tablets or phones or computers but just that we should not think that Paath from these gadgets can replace the advanced Anand attained from doing Paath from Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee or Sainchees.

Gurbani is like a candy; no matter how you consume it, it brings Anand. So by all means use gadgets to do as much Paath as possible.

Kulbir Singh
December 12, 2013 08:22AM
Larivaar saroops are rare and no gurdwara I know of in uk does parkash of larivaar.

Therefore only option daas has used is to do paath from larivaar pdf whilst referring to pad ched on srigranth.org.

Since learning about the importance of larivaar, doing paath from pad ched does not feel right or bring same anand.

To do sehaj paath is difficult, first of all one has to build skill to paath in larivaar, then find access to larivaar saroop.

Bhul chuk maaf jee.
December 12, 2013 12:13PM
There is nothing wrong with doing path from a mobile device, computer, or tablet and it is highly recommended to increase ones pathi abilities. However, the only thing you should keep in mind is that it is not considered a "true" sehaj path, which is only done from Guru Granth Sahib Ji Saroop . So your path won't be 'parvaan" under the same category as an Akhand Path, or Sehaj Path would be.

Gupt1 ji, you should download the new app made by Gurmat Bibek Sevadars "Gurbani Santhiya Pothi" if you have an android smartphone. One of the options allows to do path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, and underneath each panktee a pad-ched is given, so you don't have to flip through different programs like you currently are doing.
December 12, 2013 12:25PM
ਦਾਸ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਭਾਈ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨਾਲ ਇੰਨ ਬਿੰਨ ਸਹਿਮਤ ਹੈ!ਕਿੳਂ ਜੋ ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਟੈਬਲੇਟ ਤੋਂ ਸਹਿਜ ਪਾਠ ਆਰੰਭ ਕੀਤਾ ਸੀ! ਪਰ ੳਹ ਰਸ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਿਆ ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਤੋਂ ਜਾਂ ਸੈਂਚੀ ਤੋਂ ਕਰੀਂਦਾ ਬਣਦਾ ਹੈ!
December 13, 2013 06:27AM
@Gupt1 ji

There is larivaar saroop prakash at Singh Sabha Gurdwara Derby, and I believe Coventry too
December 17, 2013 11:58AM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is nothing wrong in doing Paath from tablets
> or phones or computers but just that we should not
> think that Paath from these gadgets can replace
> the advanced Anand attained from doing Paath from
> Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee or Sainchees.
>
> Gurbani is like a candy; no matter how you consume
> it, it brings Anand. So by all means use gadgets
> to do as much Paath as possible.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Veer Kulbir Singh jeeo apologies but I disagree here quanitity is not quality and can never be the same as doing with full ishnaan and full focus with Maharah. There is no such thing as normal anand and advanced anand there is only one anand and that is to make A HUGE consistent effort to make the time to sit for 15min or one hour daily with Maharaj Saroop. The devices are incumbent the focus/dhyiaan cannot be compared at all as doing as per rehat marayada instruction. Unless the Akal Takht says to do e sehaj paath is parvaan we should not make our rules and regulations - rather stick to the original methods as much as possible.
December 17, 2013 12:44PM
ns44 Wrote:
> Kulbir Singh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There is nothing wrong in doing Paath from
> tablets
> > or phones or computers but just that we should
> not
> > think that Paath from these gadgets can replace
> > the advanced Anand attained from doing Paath
> from
> > Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee or Sainchees.
> >
> > Gurbani is like a candy; no matter how you
> consume
> > it, it brings Anand. So by all means use
> gadgets
> > to do as much Paath as possible.
> >
> > Kulbir Singh
>
>
> Veer Kulbir Singh jeeo apologies but I disagree
> here quanitity is not quality and can never be the
> same as doing with full ishnaan and full focus
> with Maharah. There is no such thing as normal
> anand and advanced anand there is only one anand
> and that is to make A HUGE consistent effort to
> make the time to sit for 15min or one hour daily
> with Maharaj Saroop. The devices are incumbent the
> focus/dhyiaan cannot be compared at all as doing
> as per rehat marayada instruction. Unless the Akal
> Takht says to do e sehaj paath is parvaan we
> should not make our rules and regulations - rather
> stick to the original methods as much as possible.

however - apologies - forgot to mention if one is in pain or not well - or one has other issues as travel and cant get to Maharaj saroop - then in that case paath from Devices is fine as those conditions are abnormal.
December 17, 2013 01:49PM

Veer Kulbir Singh jeeo apologies but I disagree here quanitity is not quality and can never be the same as doing with full ishnaan and full focus with Maharah.

I never said, quantity is quality. And I never said that doing Paath from gadgets is same as doing Paath after full ishnaan and full focus on Maharaj jee.

There is no such thing as normal anand and advanced anand there is only one anand and that is to make A HUGE consistent effort to make the time to sit for 15min or one hour daily with Maharaj Saroop.

I did not talk about "normal anand". When you do Paath, orally or from a gadget, still you get Anand. But Paath done from Maharaj jee's Saroop with full Maryada after doing full Keshi Ishnaan and wearing Sucha Gurmukhi Baana, generates more Anand. I don't understand what's the issue here. Are you suggesting that there is no Anand when you do Paath from a tablet?

The devices are incumbent the focus/dhyiaan cannot be compared at all as doing as per rehat marayada instruction. Unless the Akal Takht says to do e sehaj paath is parvaan we should not make our rules and regulations - rather stick to the original methods as much as possible.

I did not write that Paath done from a tablet constitutes a Sehaj Paath. There seems to be a misunderstanding on your part in interpreting my humble writeup.

Kulbir Singh
December 17, 2013 04:22PM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
> Veer Kulbir Singh jeeo apologies but I disagree
> here quanitity is not quality and can never be the
> same as doing with full ishnaan and full focus
> with Maharah.
>
> I never said, quantity is quality. And I never
> said that doing Paath from gadgets is same as
> doing Paath after full ishnaan and full focus on
> Maharaj jee.
>
> There is no such thing as normal anand and
> advanced anand there is only one anand and that is
> to make A HUGE consistent effort to make the time
> to sit for 15min or one hour daily with Maharaj
> Saroop.
>
> I did not talk about "normal anand". When you do
> Paath, orally or from a gadget, still you get
> Anand. But Paath done from Maharaj jee's Saroop
> with full Maryada after doing full Keshi Ishnaan
> and wearing Sucha Gurmukhi Baana, generates more
> Anand. I don't understand what's the issue here.
> Are you suggesting that there is no Anand when you
> do Paath from a tablet?
>
>
> The devices are incumbent the focus/dhyiaan
> cannot be compared at all as doing as per rehat
> marayada instruction. Unless the Akal Takht says
> to do e sehaj paath is parvaan we should not make
> our rules and regulations - rather stick to the
> original methods as much as possible.
>
> I did not write that Paath done from a tablet
> constitutes a Sehaj Paath. There seems to be a
> misunderstanding on your part in interpreting my
> humble writeup.
>
> Kulbir Singh

as always Humbly apologies for my interpetation - case closed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login