December 04, 2013 07:26PM

Contents of the letter;

SHIROMANI AKALI DAL, SRI AMRITSAR
April 25, 1984.
To, Mr. R. K. Dhawan
1, Safdarjang Road,
New Delhi.

Respected Mr. Dhawan sahib,

As you know that Mr. Gurcharan Singh’s (Tohra) life is in great danger, so I am writing you this letter. Sant Jarnail Singh is not going to give up and now I strongly feel that we have to do what we planned earlier and Sardar Parkash singh Badal has already explained to you in details. Most of Bhindranwala (sic) men will run away when they see the army and most probably he will too.
Major Genral Jaswant Singh Bhullar and Professor (sic)Manjit Singh Sidhu have agreed to go to America. Full arrangements have been made. Sardar Didar Singh Bains of America and Dr. Jagjit Singh Chauhan will work with him. They have been told to stop Sikhs living abroad before they get organize (sic) and start supporting Sant Jarnail Singh. Please let your people know to support these men with all assistance in every form.
We will soon provide you the names of those Sikhs who live abroad and supporting (sic) Sant Jarnail Singh. I am sure that our plan will work and this ordeal will be over in no time.

Yours very sincerely,
Sant Harchand Singh Longowal.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
ਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹ॥

Yes. Sadly, it's always those who we consider our own who have betrayed us.

Satguru Ji Kirpa Karan

Bhul Chuk Muaaf Ji
No, this letter cannot be real. The style and sentence structure of the english used cannot be of Longowal. The english used in India when writing letters tends to be very formal and impersonal. The phrases used are those which have been taught in schools in India.

I simply cannot believe that Longowal would write a sentence like:
'I am sure that our plan will work and this ordeal will be over in no time.'

The word 'ordeal' and the phrases 'I am sure', 'would be over in no time' ring a loud bell in my mind.

Based on my personal feel of the language, I am so sure that I would bet my hard earned money that this letter is fake. But this does not mean that I believe that Longowal's role was un-questionable in 1984.
Probably hinds exact plan to cause disarray amongst our kaum, instead of targeting them ji?
I am no expert but This got to be Fake. Today actually I was listening to katha by Maskeen ji.He witnessed Longwal being grabbed by a young Sikh man from his Neck and being asked the question as to Why he signed the matta(resolution)and swore at Longwal quite badly. Longwal with tears in his eyes simply replied:just to save young men like yourself from being killed. Indian Govt wants to kill every youth in Punjab and punjabi dee saree Juanita Dhaulagiri Jain Aya, Kaum are Jakhmi Aya, sambalan do pahila.

1984 Da Dukhaant Te Mera Nazariyaa - Giani Sant Singh JI Maskeen you tube
Bhul chuk muaff
KamJSingh Jee,

I have watched/listened to that Katha as well, and it is very amazing.
Maskeen Jee had lots of inside information about what went on during those times because a lot of the time he was right in the middle of it. What he went through in his life is very amazing.

Before creating this topic, what Maskeen Jee said about Longowal was one of the first things that popped up in my head.

However, we have seen history to be quite complex.

Such as Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindranvaley praising Santa Singh Nihung and kind of going against/scolding AKJ in the same few sentences. And we all know how Santa Singh turned out.

If we listen to Shashi Kant Jee's newest video, he himself exposes Badal for being directly involved with 1984.

Time and time again throughout Sikh history, there have always been snakes and traitors.

From what Maskeen Jee said, to this letter, to other stuff people have written in books, the Longwal story seems quite complex.

eyesacademic Jee,

many times in India people would get letters written/typed/translated to English by someone else and it would be written in English while someone would be speaking Punjabi sitting/standing next to them. Those who knew proper English were not that many in number back then, so there is a major possibility that someone else translated it and typed it out.

For example:

"Yours very sincerely,
Sant Harchand Singh Longowal"

It is clear that no sensible and true Sikh would write 'Sant' as a title before their name by themselves. So it is clear that he might have narrated the letter and someone else typed it and he just signed it and whoever typed it addressed him as 'Sant'.

Such as Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindranvaley praising Santa Singh Nihung and kind of going against/scolding AKJ in the same few sentences. And we all know how Santa Singh turned out.

Sant Jarnail Singh never praised Santa Nihang, in fact he spoke out against him. Sant Jee said every Jthebandi is supporting him in Dharam Yudh Morcha except Santa Nihang. I don't know where you're getting this information from. It is well known that Sant Jee spoke out against Santa and never praised him. Also I have never heard of Sant Jee scolding AKJ, again don't know where you're getting this information from. I think you should do some proper research before posting such things, as you can easily mislead innocent forum readers. Please refrain from posting such things in the future without proper proof.
There is a video on it, I came across it on youtube a few months ago and I listened/watched it many times to make sure I was hearing it correctly. Even the person who posted the video wrote a similar thing in the description of the video.

I will find it and post it.
I was going to post it in my previous post, but I didn't have the time to find the video at that moment. But now as I see that it is in high demand, I will try to find it faster now.
DSGj,

Yes veer ji I agree that a letter could be transcribed and translated by someone other than Longowal. But what I am saying is the whole flavour and effect of the English used is such that it could not have written by people who were involved at that time.

This is not a style anybody of that time could have used. There were only two types of english knowing people at that time. One were ones who did not know english enough to write a letter and one who could write letters. The ones who could write letters always write in pukka daftar style, the office style, the kind of english which was used in office since 1947. In fact it is still used, even today in govt offices in India.

That type of english consists of standard phrases and terms which are commonly used in Indian bureaucracy. If Longowal decides to write a letter he would get a close confidant to write this secret letter. And that close confident would would be an educated Sardar, someone like a retired military personnel, or a govt officer or a professor or someone of of a similar profile.

The language of this letter does not reflect that era and that style.
Here is a bigger picture of the first letter, and I have come across a second letter as well:

One thing that we can examine is the signature, if it is an exact duplicate, that would show that it was just fabricated on this picture.

Another thing we can examine is that there are other versions of the letter in English floating around. Some people say that the originals are in Punjabi and that these are English translations. One person online translated it like this:

(Confidential /secret)
April 25, 1984
Mr. R.K. Dhawan
1, Safdarjang Road
New Delhi.

Dear Dhawan Sahib,
As you may know that there is a danger to the life of Sardar Gurbachan Singh, so I am writing this letter to you. (To now) Sant Jarnail Singh is sticking to his views. I feel that now we have to do that which we have already planned for and that which Parkash Singh Badal has already explained to you in detail. Bhinderanwale’s men would run away seeing the army and very likely he too would also run away.

Maj. Gen Jaswant Singh Bhullar and Prof. Manjit Singh (Sidhu) have agreed to go to America. They have been given complete instructions, and they would also meet with you before going to America. The arrangement for their expanses has been made. An American resident Didar Singh Bains and Jagjit Singh Chauhan will work with them. They have been instructed that they organize the Sikhs living in foreign countries before hand, so to prevent the Sikhs from organizing themselves in favour of Bhindrawala..
Please, ask all your men to help them (Maj.Gen Jaswant Singh Bhullar and Prof. Manjit Singh Sidhu) in every possible way.

Very shortly (soon), we shall provide you the names and addresses of those Sikhs who are helping Sant Jarnail Singh. I am very hopeful that our plan will be succeed and we shall soon be free from this curse.

Yours Well-wisher,
Sant Harchand Singh Longowal.

^ From above we can clearly tell that in the Punjabi version, the ending is not written as "Yours very sincerily" and it is probably "(Tuhada) Shubh Chintak" (as commonly written at the end of Punjabi letters).

Also, it was published in some 'Sikh Weekly' Journal, which is supposedly created by Kala-Afghana/Darshan Ragi group. The journal/website doesn't even exist anymore I think.

"The Sikh Weekly of June 4, 2010 has published a confidential letter written by Harchand Singh Longowal to Indian Government (Mrs. Indira Ghandi’s office) about a month before the Operation Blue Star took place. In the letter Longowal is asking Mrs. Gandhi to execute the plan. The letter is published on page 13 of The Sikhweekly .It is in the right hand side column at about the bottom of the page."

Here is more information:

"LETTERS FROM HARCHAND SINGH LONGOWAL
According to Dr. Gurmit Singh Aulakh, President of the US based Council of Khalistan the seven letters written by Harchand Singh Longowal and his secretary Gurcharan Singh are conclusive evidence that the entire Akali leadership has betrayed the Sikh Nation. Dr Aulakh opined that the Akalis connived with the Indian government in 1984 and they have been betraying the Sikh Nation ever since.

(One wonders, where are original letters for verification of 'Signatures')
Harchand Singh Longowal was so cunning that he was successful in sidelining the politicians like Parkash Singh Badal and Gurcharan Singh Tohra after Operation Blue Star, and he was the man behind Surjit Singh Barnala. Akali Dal is of the opinion that there is no doubt on the fact that Longowal, Tohra and Badal were having strong ties with Delhi masters and even intelligence officials, but Akali Dal in any circumstance, can't digest the following letters, as if they were written(that too typed one) by the cunning mass-ranger like Longowal and Gurcharan Singh, who were successful in befouling Sikh Quam and even Badal & Tohra. Lastly, person who works for secret agencies never write like this."

[ssosan.tripod.com]

Now where are the other 5 English translation versions?
Also where are the 7 Punjabi original versions?

I don't think these allegations are that small that we can just say "they're fake" and look away.
This is something which really needs to be investigated.
Here is some more information:

"President Tohra and Sant Harchand Singh Longowal were writing letters to the PM's Cabinet Secretariat (now reproduced at pages 110 to 112 in book - Chakravyuh: Web of Indian Secularism (2000 Edition) by Gurtej Singh and at pages 165 to 167 in another book - Sach Sunnaesi Sach Ki Bela by Gurbhajan Singh Gill (Layallpuri) (2003 Edition)."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login