ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A sense of fear whilst reciting mool mantar

Posted by Sinner 
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I've been reading through this site and reading the discussions, and let me tell you one thing. This is the most amazing site ever! It has always answered all my questions and in fact it even motivated me to start keeping my amritvela and preparing myself for Amrit and eventually sarbloh bibek as well. I wouldn't be able to pay back Bhai Sahib Kulbir Singh Ji for such great sewa even if I brought all the world'a materialistic wealth in front of him.

A severe problem has arisen when I do my amritvela. Since I cannot do Simran (waheguru jaap) I instead do Mool Mantar. What I've noticed is that my dhiyaan is fixed upon the words coming out of my mouth, but 2-5 minutes into mool mantar jaap I start to shiver, a sort of fear wells up within me, and I can feel a presence lurking. This is severely deterring me as I don't know what is happening and usually I always end up stopping on the 7th or 8th minute.

May anyone be kind enough to tell me what is happening and tell me how to stop it? :'(
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Gursikhs should be able to give a better answer, but all I know is if there is a 'presence' which deters or intimidates you when you do mantra jaap, then it is all the more reason to NOT give up the jaap. Gurbani is the going to save you from that negative presence.
It is very inspiring that you have been inspired to take Amrit and have started to do Jaap of Mool Mantar during Amritvela. If you are feeling fear then you should do ardaas for rakhiya from Guru Sahib. Maybe try doing Paath of Sukhmani Sahib during Amritvela and other Banian as well.

Maya wants to stop us from doing Bhagti, but we should take asra of Guru Sahib and never stop doing Bhagti. Nothing bad can happen to us while we are doing Jaap of Gurbani or Gurmantar. Keep your faith secure in Guru Sahib.

Preetam Singh
Thank you to both the gursikhs who have answered my question to the best of your abundant knowledge.
I hope that I may one day become like all the other people using this site and become the guru's ladlaa singh. smiling smiley
Excellent to here progress - i can't count on even one forums out there where there is such motivation has been experienced - this goes for me too - contributors on this forum are just something else

Mool mantar and Gurmantar are way powerful beyond our own comprehension.

[barusahib.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login