ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Keski tutorials????

Posted by gagandeep kaur 
Keski tutorials????
December 01, 2013 08:15AM
Waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh
Kindly tel how much cloth is necessary in tying keski?????
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Keski tutorials????
December 02, 2013 01:42PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Just depends how you want to tie it, as long as it goes around your head at least three times, should be ok
December 02, 2013 10:41PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Harpreet Khalsa jio,
How about the dastaar ji? How many times does dastaar have to go around head ji?
I was told at Amrit Sanchar by Gurmukhs, we have to tie a 2 and half yards keski, and 6 yards keski, but I have not really adhered to thus hukam as it makes my dastaar look too big for my 5ft 11ins frame ji....so I reduce the width considerably, and length is not quite the required too.
Also, if you notice all the Gurmukhs, even Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jio's dastaar looks small ji...trying to find video of this style if dastaar, where dastaar is not held in mouth ji.
Would appreciate a video for females to tie dastaar like Bhai Randhir Singh Jio, please? My intuition tells me this style makes a significant difference in achieving union with Waheguru, because most Gurmukh Saints tie dastaar that style ji? And Khanda on dastaar is a must too ji..

bhul chuk muaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
December 03, 2013 07:17AM
The minimum for Keski is around 2.5-3 yards i.e. it should come around the head about 3 times. About Dastaar, the minimum length is 5 yards. Bhai Sahib has written about this in one of his books. The length must stay same and if there is an issue with big or small Dastaar, try using a thinner fabric e.g. F74.

Kulbir Singh
December 03, 2013 08:18AM
Thanks so very much Veerjio.
Does the width of dastaar, and keski have to also be at minimum yard requirement ji? I am only 4 ft 11ins ji (wish I was 5 ft 11ins like most Sikhs), although I do feel the jorr of Gursikhi when I dare wearing a big dastaar, but tying one right is a daily task for me despite have done so for over 2 years now ji.
December 03, 2013 09:53AM
ks jee,

I have not heard or seen of a specified width requirement in any marayda or text. I think the requirements are more about the length rather then width.

Do what is comfortable.
December 03, 2013 04:22PM
Thanks so very much Vivek jio..
December 04, 2013 07:43AM
Waheguroo jio shukriya for all the replies......
December 06, 2013 08:17PM
vivek
I have not heard or seen of a specified width requirement in any marayda or text. I think the requirements are more about the length rather then width.

The width too is important and has significance. The actual meaning of Akhand Dumalla comes from width. The width should be enough to cover body's torso, meaning from shoulder to knees approx.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
December 06, 2013 09:13PM
WaheguruJiKaKhalsa,
WaheguruJiKiFateh Jaskirat jio,
I am so sorry but do not understand what would the width requirement be if it is to cover body torso from shoulder to knees in circular direction ji...or width as if measuring length of torso from shoulder to knees jio?
bhul chuk muaf
WaheguruJiKaKhalsa,
WaheguruJiKiFateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login