ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Gurbani Santhiya Pothi app released

Posted by Jatinderpal Singh 
Vaaheguroo jee aka Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo jee fateh!

Sangat jeeo,

A new Gurmat app has been launched by www.gurmatbibek.com. At this time it's available only for Android systems but in the very near future, an Apple version too will be coming out.

Name: Gurbani Santhiya Pothi. Search for "Gutka", "Pothi", or "Gurbani" and you will find this app in the google store.

There are 4 sub-apps within this app:

1. Sri Guroo Granth Sahib jee: this sub app enables the user to do Gurbani Paath, ang by ang. There are 3 options to do Paath - Laridaar, Padchhed and Laridaar-with-Padchhed. The third option is particularly useful for new Paathis who want to learn Paath the Laridaar way. In this option, Padchhed is displayed in smaller text below the main Laridaar text.

2. Gurbani Pothi: this sub app too has the 3 options of Laridaar, Padchhed and Laridaar-with-Padchhed. There are a lot of Baanis in this section. See for yourself. Another option in this sub app is to select your favourite Baanis in a separate folder. Go to the menu to make use of this options.

3. Gurbani Audio: this sub app has Gurbani Paath of Nitnem and other selected Baanis.

4. Gurbani Vichaar: This sub app has selected articles related to Gurmat. In the future, this section will be expanded to include a lot more articles.

Please forward this message to all your contacts so that maximum Gursikhs may take advantage of this app. Please provide feedback about this app in the message board for www.gurmatbibek.com or at gurmatbibek@yahoo.com

Dhanvaadh jee,

Jatinderpal Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
What a brilliant seva! Please continue with the great work.
When can Sangat with apple devices expect to be able to download the app?
I look forward to it
Amazing Seva!! - Please make this available for us Apple users soon!!

Amanjot Singh
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Excellent seva! May Guru Sahib bless you in continued seva to the Panth.
Great sevaa indeed!

I have installed this app on nexus 5 running new android 4.4 kitkat version. It seems like some Gurmukhi font issue with the app.

By default it shows larivaar mode (both in gurbani pothi and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji)

-Manglacharan comes up in jumbled text (roman not gurmukhi) rest comes fine

In dual mode ( larivaar & padched)

-Pad ched is visible but larivaar is not visible ( comes in jumbled text--roman)

PS:- I just received my phone I am still testing it, if anyone knows the fix at phone level let me know otherwise sevadaar can test it at app level.

Vaheguroo jee kaa Khalsaa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee fateh!
This seems to be a problem just with nexus so far. We will test it with the Nexus tablet we have and see what the problem is.

Are you experiencing the same problem with any other Gurbani app?

Preetam Singh
We tested with Nexus phone but not Nexus 5 and everything works fine. This may be a problem due to the new android software kitkat.
We will try on our side to fine any issues and try to resolve this issue.

Preetam Singh
Bhai Preetam Singh Jio,

I have Sundar Gutka App which works fine and its new version (3.2.1) says that they have included fixes for kit kat fonts. Seems like you need to do some changes for kit kat 4.4.

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!
Would've been great if sevadars could've worked with other existing apps out there.

Also would be great to have more Bani by Guru Gobind Singh Ji added.
Great Seva!!!!!!!!! Normally I like to read bani from a Pothi or Gutka instead of an app, but love this app for the fact that it will help in reading Lariwar Bani and also has audio, Santhiya files and great articles(hope more articles will be added soon). Keep up the good work!

In future, hope the Gursikhs here can also do seva in printing Lariwar Sundar Gutkas.

Just one question, on Kirtan Sohila when I scroll all the way down my phone freezes. It doesn't happen for any other bani. Is this a problem faced by anyone else or is it just my phone?

Just one question, on Kirtan Sohila when I scroll all the way down my phone freezes. It doesn't happen for any other bani. Is this a problem faced by anyone else or is it just my phone?

This problem has been fixed now. It should show up in the currently uploaded version.

Also would be great to have more Bani by Guru Gobind Singh Ji added.

Absolutely. In the future this is certainly in the minds of the Sevadaars

Kulbir Singh
Fantastic seva.

Some thoughts - it is always good to have a long term vision and high goals. For upcoming releases in the coming months/years I request that Guru Granth Sahib be available to read with placements of bishraams and all bindhiyaa (this can be marked in a different colour to show paathi that this has been added). Benti that this seva of placing correct bishraams and bindiyaa only be done by Kulbir Singh, as he has been blessed to have done sangat and read books of knowledgable gursikhs on this matter. If we want the panth to have more shud akhand paathis, this will be the only way in this media age. Even those that are blessed with many gursikhs in their local area will find it difficult to find a santhiya teacher who knows where to add all bindiyaa.
Giani Harbans Singh ji has helped with bindyaa, but he has only done this for some words in gurbani, not all. The 2nd problem is that bindiyaa are told after the shabad making it impossible to do sehaj paath style paath from the teeka.

Please also don't forget the onging project i.e. completing santhiya and gurmat arths of punj granthi. I think I remember the plan being then to go back to nitnem files to add all the missing arths?

Dhanvaad jio!
Wonderful sewaa jii !!
Plz add more inspiring lekhs jee plzzz....
Love to read them....smiling smiley
there are mistake in gurbani snathiya in "Ananad Sahib "
there is wwritten @ਤਿਸ ਦਾ ਅਮਤੁ,ਨ ਜਾਈ ਪਾਇਆ !!@ instead of @ਤਿਸਦਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਪਾਇਆ !!@
ਪਰ ਫਿਰ ਵੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਵਧੀਆ ਉਦਮ ਹੈ ! ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਹੋਰ ਬਲ ਬਖਸ਼ਣ !
I like it , no i love it - however it would be even great if we can add some audio files of paath i.e nitnem done by prominent keertanis' or kathvaheck, i.e Gursikhs with high avastha - please do this kirpa as listening to such Gursikhs takes on that journey as I'm sure you agree !!!!!!!!
Are you sure the audio files aren't already of a gursikh with a colossal amount of kamayee veerjee? Prominence isn't always equivalent to high avastha smiling smiley
sk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you sure the audio files aren't already of a
> gursikh with a colossal amount of kamayee veerjee?
> Prominence isn't always equivalent to high avastha
> smiling smiley

that is not what i mean sk jeeo - please don't take words out of my mouth - all i want is more --- loads of more Gursikhs shud paath on the system- if it's too much i'm asking then don't worry - don't reply to this foolish request if it seems that way.
Sorry for misunderstanding ns jee, my intention wasn't to attack you.

The audio section is one of my favourite features of the app as I've found it really helpful to play certain banis and speak along with them, especially when I don't have time or am too sleepy to sit and read or when I take my kes out to dry, which takes at least an hour - so it's been extremely helpful for getting paath done while also getting santhiya and memorization in. I agree that more audio files couldn't hurt.
Great Seva! Keep it up - humble benti to sevadaars to make a the application available on iOS (Apple) as well.
Dhanvaad Jee
Excellent app all the Sangat I know give it 5 stars. May Guru Sahib do kirpaa for more Sevaa!

I moved to Android recently so no don't make it for Apple. LOL
Don't listen to Vista Jee!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out - Us Apple users are waiting patiently! Haha
Vaaheguroo Jee.

Gurmukh Pyareo, I would like to inquire on the Apple version of this beautiful app Jee. Is there any information on when it will be released Jee?

Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa || Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh ||
Sinner jeeo,

We are expecting the App to be released for Apple and Windows very soon. We had a beta version of the Apple one and are fixing any mistakes that we were able to find. Hopefully it will be out soon.

Preetam Singh
I think this app has disappeared from the Apple Appstore. I can't find it anymore.
Also can the makers of this app add more punjabi articles. So far all the articles(both Punjab and English ones) are very good and informative. This website has a lot of good articles in the literature section that can be added to the app.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login