Advanced

Sukhmani Sahib Lagamatar

Posted by gsingh 
Sukhmani Sahib Lagamatar
October 25, 2013 11:12PM
In the second last Ashtpadee this line comes

ਸਗਲ ਸਮਿਗ੍ਰੀ ਏਕਸੁ ਘਟ ਮਾਹਿ ॥

The ਸਮਿਗ੍ਰੀ has a Siharee on the mama.

I saw that in Master Jaswant Singh's Gutka Sahib there is no Siharee on the mama. Is there a reason for this or is it a printing mistake in his Gutka?

It comes as:

ਸਗਲ ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ ਏਕਸੁ ਘਟ ਮਾਹਿ ॥

Can someone please shed some light on this.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sukhmani Sahib Lagamatar
October 26, 2013 05:26AM
ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ should be without SIHARI to ਮ. If it is there, it is printing mistake.
October 26, 2013 02:37PM
What's the reason for this? I've always seen it as ਸਮਿਗ੍ਰੀ in all Gutka Sahibs until I read it in Master Jaswant Singh's Gutka.
While we are on the topic of Sri Sukhmani Sahib why do people recite the following during Ardas
Uche Say Ucha Bhagwant instead of ਊਚੇ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ਭਗਵੰਤ ॥ .

I remember correctly Giani Harbans SIngh Ji said It should be te not se?
October 27, 2013 08:39AM
As Bhai MB Singh has said above, Master Jee printing it without the sihari on the ਮ is correct paath. If one were to do a comparison between Master Jee’s and other published Gutke Sahibaan one will find more than 20 differences. Master Jee has corrected some common errors that have arisen due to inaccuracies in printing and writing.

The correct word is ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ there is actually no such word as ਸਮਿਗ੍ਰੀ and it does not come anywhere else in Gurbani except for this current mistake.

There are many puratan saroops which have the correct paath of ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ for example:

The reason some people say “ooche se oocha” is purely due to poor pronunciation and perhaps ignorance. The correct paath is “te”.
October 27, 2013 11:06AM
Thank you Trust Singh Ji. You have explained both the points.
Isnt the sihari in this word there as a substitute for addak since addak is not present in Sri GUru Granth Sahib Ji and we say sammagree instead of samagaree?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login