ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਕੋਟ ਤੁਰੰਗ ਕੁਰੰਗ ਸੇ ਕੂਦਤ ਪਉਨ ਕੇ ਗਉਨ ਕਉ ਜਾਤ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ॥

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
ਕੋਟ ਤੁਰੰਗ ਕੁਰੰਗ ਸੇ ਕੂਦਤ ਪਉਨ ਕੇ ਗਉਨ ਕਉ ਜਾਤ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ॥
With millions of horses galloping like deer, moving faster than the wind.

In the following pangti " Srigranth.org" has interpreted Kot as an adjective for horse meaning millions of horses, but cant this only be the case if kot had a sihari otherwise it would be a plural noun meaning Forts as the word Kot here is mutka. This is one of the rules I have recently learned that numeral shabads have siharis with them, but I don't see how this rule applies to the following pangti.

ਗਾੜ੍ਹੇ ਗੜ੍ਹਾਨ ਕੋ ਤੋੜਨਹਾਰ ਸੁ ਬਾਤਨ ਹੀਂ ਚਕ ਚਾਰ ਲਵੱਯਾ ॥
Why doenst Char here have a sihari as it seems to me like it means four. I thought char without a sihari means beautiful?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The rules of spellings followed in Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee have not always been followed in Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee's Baani and the primary reason for this is the carelessness of the writers of Siri Dasam Baani.

ਕੋਟ here cannot mean forts because then the meaning would not be easily derivable.

ਗਾੜ੍ਹੇ ਗੜ੍ਹਾਨ ਕੋ ਤੋੜਨਹਾਰ ਸੁ ਬਾਤਨ ਹੀਂ ਚਕ ਚਾਰ ਲਵੱਯਾ ॥
Why doenst Char here have a sihari as it seems to me like it means four. I thought char without a sihari means beautiful?

Again the same reason. Don't try to apply the grammar of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee on Siri Dasam Baani.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you Ji , I assumed that either Kot or Char was a misprint, but then I read Talwara Jis steek and he has interpreted Kot as Fort?
I don't think it was the writers of Sri Dasam Granth who made the mistakes of the spellings or SRi Dasam Granth ; instead, I think it was the printers. I remember a few years back some Singhs were reciting Sri AKal UStat from different GUtkey Sahibs and they mentioned all Gutkey Sahib varied dramatically in their spellings. Both Talwara Ji and Giani Harbans SIngh Ji have mentioned how there are many misspellings of printed Sri Dasam Granth saroops compared to Puratan saroops. If someone has had darshan of a puratan saroop it would be nice to know if it Kot is written with a sihari. Im sure Talwara Ji has a had darshan of some puratan saroops so Im kind of inclined to think Kot here means fort even though to me Kot with a sihari seems to go more well with the whole pangti.
The LARIDAAR GURBANI GUTKA got published by Master Jaswant Sngh Ji, carries Sihari with KOT, but CHAAR is without it ji.

The LARIDAAR GURBANI GUTKA got published by Master Jaswant Sngh Ji, carries Sihari with KOT, but CHAAR is without it ji.

It makes a lot of sense now. Kot here definitely means crores. Without it the meaning does not come clear. Kot in the meaning of fort seems out of place here. The first Pankiti of this Pauri talks about elephants and the second one talks about horses that jump around as fast as deers. There is no room for fort in this Pankiti.

Kulbir Singh

It makes a lot of sense now. Kot here definitely means crores. Without it the meaning does not come clear. Kot in the meaning of fort seems out of place here. The first Pankiti of this Pauri talks about elephants and the second one talks about horses that jump around as fast as deers. There is no room for fort in this Pankiti.

Talwara Ji has made it make sense with fort as he writes if a King had forts, elephants horses etc. I think its assumed that the pangti starts off with If a King...
Of course it is about Kings. But, first pankiti is totally about elephants only , and then secondly seemingly about horses only, then third one about big kings only and last pankiti, then the last pankiti, the conclusion.

'Fort' meaning, seems misfit. The whole pankiti, talks about horses, which run fast. Forts do not run.

Singh Brothers' Nitnem Gutka also carries, Sihari with kot.
I reviewed these verses in Giani Harban Singh Jis steek of SRi Akal Ustat and he has wrote the spelling with a Sihari. He too has had darshsan of puratan saroops so after further research I think kot here means millions and not fort.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login