ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Query regarding Ramkali ki vaar on ANG 947

Posted by gk 
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh Sangat ji,
I have a question regarding vaar on ang 947. The first pauri of vaar has rahao tuk
"ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਸਚੇ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹ ਤੂ ਸਚੀ ਨਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥"
The gursikh giving santhaya at our gurudwara said that this tuk should be ucharan at end of all pauri's after the last line cos all the following pauri have last line not rhyming with rest of shabad in pauri and this rahao tuk rhymes and as per him it is Guru Hargobind Sahib ji who told the sikhs to read this tuk at end of each pauri in this vaar.
Is this what the sangat does too, this gursikh has done santhaya from taksal (not to create debate on jatha or taksal issue) but I want to know if Bhai Randheer Singh Jee has said something about this vaar. Thank you jee
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh Sangat ji,
Why is that nobody has replied to this simple query not a single gursikh has answered. I thought this forums was open to everyone and everybody gets there shanke resolved but somehow it feels like this forum is open to only elite known gursikhs who know each other, people like myself may not be given same weight. People will jump and claim that I am not saying the truth but this is truth for me. I see that people have posted there queries after me and they are getting response then what is holding gursikhs to respond to my question?
Sorry for ranting but I have been waiting to know the answer hopefully Guru sahib ji will himself reveal the answer. May our pitaji bless us all with Gursikhi.
Dear gk,

It does not seem correct within Gurmat to recite the rehao vali pankti ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਸਚੇ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹ ਤੂ ਸਚੀ ਨਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ after every Pauri whilst doing paath. Giani Harbans Singh jee has rejected the vichaar of Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindravale who writes in Gurbani Paath Darshan page 219 that Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib jee started this maryada. However Giani Harbans Singh jee says it would not be incorrect for a kirtani or daadi to repeatedly sing this pangtee just like any other rehao vali pangtee is the tek of a single Shabad’s kirtan. If you would like to read more please go to page 617 of volume 9 of the steek at this link

This seems similar to the Nanaksar version of Sukhmani Sahib where they recite ਸੁਖਮਨੀਸੁਖਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਪ੍ਰਭਨਾਮੁ॥ ਭਗਤਜਨਾਕੈਮਨਿਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮ॥ਰਹਾਉ॥ after every Ashtpadi. Bhai Bijla Singh and Kulbir Singh wrote about this previously on the forum: [gurmatbibek.com]

We all know each other as Gursikh brothers and sisters, so please do not feel discriminated against.
Sorry if you felt that way GK jeeo. Sometimes users get busy and are unable to reply right away.

As Trust Singh jee has already written, we should do Paath as written by Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee and not use our own logic and change the way we do Paath. While doing Paath, it does not seem correct to repeat the Rahao Pankiti after every Pauri. As for Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's opinion, he has not written anything about it but judging from the way Gursikhs of his times do Paath, it seems like he did not used to read the Rahao Pankiti after each Pauri.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Kahn Singh Jee Nabha has written the following:

ਰਹਾਉ -
ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ- ਰਹਿਣ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ. ਇਸਥਿਤਿ. ਵਿਸ਼੍ਰਾਮ. "ਭਾਈ ਰੇ! ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸਾਚਿ ਰਹਾਉ." (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਃ ੩) ੨. ਸ੍ਵਰ। ੩. ਪਾਠ ਦੀ ਧਾਰਨਾ। ੪. ਟੇਕ ਸਥਾਈ. ਉਹ ਪਦ, ਜੋ ਗਾਉਣ ਵੇਲੇ ਵਾਰ ਵਾਰ ਅੰਤਰੇ ਪਿੱਛੋਂ ਵਰਤਿਆ ਜਾਵੇ. ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਜੋ ਰਹਾਉ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਦਾ ਇਹੀ ਭਾਵ ਹੈ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਦੀ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਵਾਰ ਦੀ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਪੌੜੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਤ "ਰਹਾਉ" ਸ਼ਬਦ. ਇਸ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਹਰੇਕ ਪੌੜੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਤ ਪਿਛਲੀ ਤੁਕ ਜੋੜਕੇ ਪਾਠ ਕਰੋ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ.

ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ -
ਇੱਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿੱਚ ਜਿੱਥੇ ਸਥਾਈ ਲਈ ਦੋ ਤੁਕਾਂ ਰਚੀਆਂ ਹਨ, ਉੱਥੇ ਇਹ ਪਦ ਵਰਤਿਆ ਹੈ, ਅਰ ਦੋਹਾਂ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਗਾਉਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੀ ਮਰਜੀ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਟੇਕ ਨੂੰ ਚਾਹੇ ਵਰਤੇ. ਜੈਸੇ- ਸੋਰਠ ਮਃ ੫. ਦੀ ਅਸਟਪਦੀ "ਪਾਠ ਪੜਿਓ ਅਰੁ ਬੇਦੁ ਬੀਚਾਰਿਓ" ਵਿੱਚ ਦੋ ਰਹਾਉ ਹਨ- "ਪਿਆਰੇ ਇਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਮਿਲਣੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਮੈ ਕੀਏ ਕਰਮ ਅਨੇਕਾ."××× ਅਤੇ "ਤੇਰੋ ਸੇਵਕ ਇਹ ਰੰਗਿ ਮਾਤਾ. ×××"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login