ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Near Death Experiences

Posted by Unjaan 
Near Death Experiences
August 13, 2013 07:01AM
[www.bbc.co.uk]

If this study is true for humans as well as rats, it may explain why people report glimpses of what they perceive to be heaven and white lights and unrelated to their spiritual state. Increased activity in the visual cortex can account for the heightened visual awareness.

Some in the past have questioned why these folk without naam bani can experience bliss during thier final stages and this could be the answer.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Unjaaan , this article is written by some cynical scientists of course they are going to doubt life after death experiences. These are the same scientist who believe this world is more real then the next world, but in reality this world is much faker then the next world.

When I was a young boy I was hit by a car and had a life after death encounter. I was walking through a very dark tunnel. Like any child who is afraid I called on my parents to help me, but as I started calling out on my parents the tunnel seemed like it was getting darker. Then I started crying out and said " God help me" . I felt a lot of weight being lifted off my shoulders after calling out to God. Then for some unknown reason I started calling out Waaheguru Waaheuguru. At this point I saw very bright light and woke up in the hospital. No this was not his darshan but this small glimpse saved me from the jaws of death and from a place which gives me chills.

I only narrated these experiences to clear any doubts about life after death. Nor did I have any experience due to my own spiritual merit. I was saved with the words Waaheguru because my Bibi Ji was religious and she use to do simran. She was the last person I saw before I was hit by the car. Im sure she did Ardas for me this is why I was saved. She passed away not long after this experience. These type of experiences are personal and should remain private but I only shared this experience as some people would be misled in thinking there is no such thing as a dark tunnel or a light. Life after death experiences are true trust me. I was very fortunate to have escaped death thanks to Waaheguru Ji and thanks to my Bibi Jis ardas. I could care less what a nastic scientist says about my private and real life experience.
ਜਹ ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਸੁਤ ਮੀਤ ਨ ਭਾਈ ॥
ਮਨ ਊਹਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਹਾਈ ॥
ਜਹ ਮਹਾ ਭਇਆਨ ਦੂਤ ਜਮ ਦਲੈ ॥
ਤਹ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੰਗਿ ਤੇਰੈ ਚਲੈ ॥
ਜਹ ਮੁਸਕਲ ਹੋਵੈ ਅਤਿ ਭਾਰੀ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਖਿਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਉਧਾਰੀ ॥
ਅਨਿਕ ਪੁਨਹਚਰਨ ਕਰਤ ਨਹੀ ਤਰੈ ॥
Waaheguru!
Re: Near Death Experiences
August 13, 2013 09:26PM
Whereas my beliefs lie with teachings of SGGS I do not understand why we need to react strongly whenever the topic of science and scientists comes up in context of death, after life, God, Soul and other similar topics. We can always agree to disagree and still maintain respect with people who do not believe in the same things as we do.
But in this forum I see member do not let go of a single opportunity of scientist bashing. How can everyone one of us use the fruits of science and technology every hour of life and yet go on bashing scientists as being nastik and all? If one has such sentiments then one should man up and stop using electricity, lights, fans, refrigeration, air-conditioning, automobiles, modern built houses, plastic, machine made clothes, hospitals, medicines, computers, phones, INTERNET!

I know what will follow this post. It shall be said that we are not against the scientist's good work, only their wrong beliefs. But the way you ridicule scientists over here, you should first of all stop using their knowledge and its implementation in your lives. Had it not been for science and technology your life would be much different and much hard I should say. It is like condemning a person after having filled one's stomach with the meal served by the same person.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2013 12:42AM
I also experienced something similar to sukhdeep Singh when I was around 13. I passed out fainted and everything was dark, I was in a pitch dark place until I was taken care of by the emergency pediatric staff. I woke up and remembered being in a dark black environment. After that experience I started to pray to God and believe in waheguru more.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2013 12:47AM
I agree with eyesacademic to a certain extent. Technology is a good thing and not all sciencey people could be bad, ie the religous ones that do believe in God (hopefully there are some religous sciencey professionals).
Anonymous User
August 14, 2013 01:05AM
I have seen white lights too. It's a beautiful sight and always made me feel like God is there watching, listening and fully present whenever I've had problems in life. It's a true blessing. Recently I had an experience where I felt like my soul was trying to leave my body on 2 occasions. First time it happened like this: I was in bed one afternoon and I felt my soul rising out of my body and floating just above my body, I quickly became scared and started chanting waheguru and my soul went back into my body.

Second time it happened more intensely and I felt my soul getting out of my body at night and floating towards the waheguru sign sitting on my wardrobes shelf. I felt like I saw a link almost like a wire kind of a thing which came out of the waheguru sign and my spirit. I again quickly started saying waheguru because I felt scared and my soul became heavy and dropped back into my physical body. I then did kirtan Sohila and fell asleep. It was scary yet amazing.

When I was in hospital I also had some amazing experiences. I felt like my soul was walking in the gurdwara sahib in New Zealand, the darbar was going on, kirtan was happening, sangat was there and I was walking there without my head and nobody else could see me. It didn't feel like a dream, it felt like my soul travelled to the gurdwara sahib that I used to attend when I lived in nz. It was amazing and I'm glad I could share this with the sangat here on this forum, as I've been wanting to share it upon feeling like I could discuss it with people who would understand.
August 14, 2013 10:15AM
Eyesacademic ji,
people on this forum just love Waheguru too much, and thus can only rationalize all comforts, technology, etc as Waheguru's gift as they can also see beyond the scientists' inventions ji...
Some scientists do not believe there is a great power that makes everything click ji...if Waheguru did not provide fire, water, wind...none of comforts scientists created would work either...so credit goes to Waheguru ji...
I see lights, of different variations, colors often...and do ardas for understanding of this phenomenon, but I know I am far from reaching physical as I am in good health
August 14, 2013 10:25AM
Why cynical? They are using knowledge gained from lab rats and extrapolating the data to what Humans might experience. Its true that nothing beats experience, but I see no harm in them trying to better understand how the mind works. eyes academic ji has already summed up and covered why science has been critical in so many instances for the betterment of health and advancement of society in general. Science is not all bad. When addicts consume mind altering drugs are we saying that the hallucinations and wierd stuff they see is real? No, its just the mind playing tricks and certain areas of the mind being over stimulated.
August 14, 2013 01:16PM
An old post on this topic:

We must remember that these are near-death experiences and not actual-death experiences. Jamdoots come only when one faces actual death because they are the ones who pull the Jeev-Aatma out of this body. These people may actually be experiencing one of the following:

1. Dreams of imagination.
2. Visions from the past when they had lived in the realms of Dharam Khand (e.g. heaven) or Gyaan Khand.
3. Out of body experiences. Sometimes, the Jeev-Aatma can get out of the body, and go to spiritual realms in Dharam Khand and Gyaan Khand. This is why some of them swear that they saw themselves lying on the deathbed (their bodies). This proves that this was an out of body experience and not necessarily an actual death experience.

In case of actual death, one has to be pulled out of this body and this dirty work is done by Jamdoots. How can these people go through a tunnel of light or meet their relatives without first bring held responsible for their Karma in this life?

A Sikh must place full faith on Gurbani and should not be led astray by such accounts by people. Even if every person of this world was to tell a Gursikh something contrary to Gurmat, a Gursikh would reject it. There is no truth beyond Gurmat, for a Gursikh.

Only Guru/Vaheguru are perfect and as such Jamdoots too make mistakes. Sometimes by mistake they take the wrong Jeev-Aatma and this kind of experience has been experienced by countless people. People have been sent back from Dharam Rai jee's Dargah.

Deepak Chorpa and other authors of the New Age philosophy write books that sell and books that make people feel good. Deepak Chopra and other such authors are good writers and philosophers but they don't have the actual mystical experience or an actual insight into the next world as our Guru Sahibaan and Bhagat Sahibaan did. Therefore, their accounts of the next world should be dismissed by the serious seekers of Vaheguru and sole reliance and faith should be brought on Gurmat alone.

What happened to Chopra's philosophy presented in two decades old book - Ageless Body, Timeless Mind? Two decades later, Chopra should answer the world if his body has avoided the effects of time and if his mind is still timeless?

Kulbir Singh
August 14, 2013 02:09PM
True we should not be led astray. The intention of the post was not to doubt the experience of what people have seen just questioning whether it is genuine or more dream like as mentioned by Kulbir Singh. This new but foetal evidence may go some way in explaining these visions.

My grandfather too has informed me of these accounts where Jamdoots made mistakes. Usually when by freak chance the names of relatives of the incorrect person being taken match up far along the family tree with that of the intended recipient. In some instances the soul is returned pretty late and the person wakes up before the pyre is lit! Talk about a close encounter...
Anonymous User
August 14, 2013 02:56PM
Lol jam doots make mistakes too? That's funny they need a better system in that case. Haha
Kulbir Singh Jee, where in Gurbani does it say one cannot die and come back to life? There are many Sakhees old and new where both animals and humans came back to life after death. I can tell you with certainty that life after death experiences are real. Im not selling new age books , and Im not making this up. There are many people who have shared their experiences about a dark black tunnel where nothing can be seen .
I regard this tunnel as the path of death. When walking this path ( tunnel) one feels a heavy weight on their shoulders. When people like us share this experience is not bragging that had access to next world due to some high spiritual state. In fact, only those with such a very low state come across this path, and only paapis go through such a path. The weight on our shoulders is the paap we have accumulated over numerous lifetimes. If it wasn't for my AMritdhari Bibi Ji who knows what would have happened to me on this terrifying path. Gurbani makes it clear that Gursikhs who jaap naam and keep rehat do not go through this path of death nor do they meet Dharam Raj , but this doesn't mean such a path of death does not exist,and some people have seen it.. Gurbani is clear that such a path exist
ਜਮ ਮਾਰਗ ਪੰਥੁ ਨ ਸੁਝਈ ਉਝੜੁ ਅੰਧ ਗੁਬਾਰੋਵਾ ॥

Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh Jis also experienced some hell and came back to life. Such experiences are real and possible. Just because some new age spiritualist talk about this topic as means to gain money doesn't make it unreal. Yes the time of death is set on each head and I cant imagine jamdoots making mistakes, but Waaheguru is merciful and always listens to the Ardas of his devotees and those who remember him during such times can be saved from death.
August 15, 2013 02:43AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh eyes academic ji,
Today's Hukanama confirms that world is sustained by those attuned to Waheguru, and not scientists innovations (cause of global warming mostly, as well as extreme greed, laziness, list goes on)...because those who attuned to Waheguru use very limited or no scientists creations...
[202.164.55.5]
bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Anonymous User
August 15, 2013 07:25AM
Lab rat testing/animal testing is terrible and cruel.
August 15, 2013 10:41AM

Lab rat testing/animal testing is terrible and cruel.

True but that is how almost all modern day medication is tested. Computer modelling helps but in no way can replace 'in vivo' testing. Unfortunately cosmetics are also tested on lab animals and this I dont agree with. Not sure what the answer is.

If one is suffering from a medical ailment for instance we can either use medication or rely solely on the aasra of naam; for the majority easier said than done in daily life. But in cases where Science has failed this is where Dharam has saved the day for thousands. Not only through Sarab Rog ka Aukad naam camps but even non Sikhs through their beliefs tell of miracle recoveries when they pray for relief.
August 15, 2013 11:37AM
ks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
> Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh eyes academic ji,
> Today's Hukanama confirms that world is sustained
> by those attuned to Waheguru, and not scientists
> innovations (cause of global warming mostly, as
> well as extreme greed, laziness, list goes
> on)...because those who attuned to Waheguru use
> very limited or no scientists creations...
> [202.164.55.5]
> amnama.pdf
> bhul chuk muaf
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
> Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

KS ji according to our beliefs everything came out of Waheguru and everything shall merge back into Waheguru. Its Waheguru's Hukam that prevails. This is already known to us since we were children and we first encountered teaching of Dharma.

You are doing gross injustice to whole of scientists by clubbing them in a general idea. You are talking as if they are a completely separate community. Just as I am a father, a husband, a friend, a professional, a stranger, a religious person etc etc similarly scientists are also everyday regular human beings. They are not some totally different species.

This world runs on rules of Karma. Spiritual people desist from involving themselves with atheists. Is it okay to use scientists' findings and technology at every step of our lives and yet not be civil and respectful towards them? As an example if I were hungry and you serve me food, is it not my moral duty to be at least civil and respectful towards you? I do not have to agree with all your beliefs!

And then again, why just scientists? There are millions and millions of people who 'believe' in God and yet they are NOT:

- persons with high moral sense and standard which reflects in his everyday thought, speech and actions
- persons with an evolved spiritual outlook towards all manifested phenomenon. I mean a real mental outlook, not just a superficial belief.
- person with evolved emotions and attitudes of prem, karuna, khimaa, garibi, firaq dili
- person who deep inside feel that they need to go beyond the everyday humdrum of life, the ups and downs of everyday life and find something eternal, a spiritual peace or ananda etc

So why just target scientists? They are people just like all other people. What difference would it make if I were to 'believe' in a God and yet not have at least some of the above enumerated characteristics?

I do not agree with your attitude that since Waheguru is the ultimate sustainer therefore we can use science and technology with impunity at every step of our lives and yet have a completely antagonistic attitude towards science.

If we follow this line of thinking then there are a few things we should do right away:

- We should not let our children study science
- We should stop using or having scientific attitude. We should not investigate phenomenon, we should not rationalize, we should not investigate, we should not experiment, we should not create, we should not build any more technologies or improve upon the existing ones. Almost everything we do in our daily lives owes itself to scientific mind and its working. But since according to your attitude scientists are atheist and therefore condemn-able therefore we should nip the problem in its bud, stop the scientific attitude from taking birth in the first place and kill it if it exists.

If you say that technology is a gift from Waheguru and scientists are just mediums through which these gifts are given to you, and that Scientists are still deplorable people and they should be handed out disrespect and mocked at, then I would call this whole thing as DOUBLE STANDARDS.
August 15, 2013 12:08PM

Kulbir Singh Jee, where in Gurbani does it say one cannot die and come back to life? There are many Sakhees old and new where both animals and humans came back to life after death. I can tell you with certainty that life after death experiences are real. Im not selling new age books , and Im not making this up. There are many people who have shared their experiences about a dark black tunnel where nothing can be seen .

Sukhdeep Singh jeeo, I agree that people can die and come back to life but most of the experiences whereby people go through a tunnel of light or go to heaven or even go through a dark tunnel, are not truly experiences related to post death period. According to Gurmat, the Jeev-Aatma does not leave the body at the time of death, on its own but Jamdoots do this task. For Gursikhs who do Naam Abhyaas and are Tyaar bar Tyaar, Mukat Gurmukhs from Gurpuri come to take them. In some cases, when the dying person is a non-Sikh but a good person, then Devtas too can come to take the soul out of the body. In all these so called death experiences, there is no mention of angels of death - Jamdoots; therefore, these can't be true death experiences. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has written of couple of after death experiences but he has always mentioned Jamdoots in these instances.

Some see themselves in heaven during the so called after death experience but how can they go to heaven unless they first have Peshi in the court of Dharam Rai. So it can be concluded that such experiences where one sees oneself in a tunnel of light or a dark tunnel, are some dreamlike states, or previous life memory whereby they were in heaven or hell or something else like this.

Gurbani makes it clear that Gursikhs who jaap naam and keep rehat do not go through this path of death nor do they meet Dharam Raj

Please quote a Pankiti that says that Gursikhs don't meet Dharam Rai. Gurmukhs don't get handled by Jamdoots but everyone has to go to the court of Dharam Rai. In case of Gurmukhs, they are given respect but Manmukhs are punished. The Gurmukhs who are taken to the Dharam Rai court by Mukat Gurmukhs or Shaheed Singhs, find that there is no account for them over there. Then the Dharam Rai has no choice but to release them and then Gurmukhs move above the Dharam Khand to whichever Khand they are entitled to.

but this doesn't mean such a path of death does not exist,and some people have seen it.. Gurbani is clear that such a path exist
ਜਮ ਮਾਰਗ ਪੰਥੁ ਨ ਸੁਝਈ ਉਝੜੁ ਅੰਧ ਗੁਬਾਰੋਵਾ ॥

Of course there is the path of death which is known as Jam-Maarag in Gurbani but this Jam-Maarag is not some sweet tunnel of light or some other kind of tunnel. It's a really scary path on which Gurmukhs don't have to walk because are able to skip it all because of their Naam Kamaaee.

Yes the time of death is set on each head and I cant imagine jamdoots making mistakes,

Please read Andithi Duniya in which Bhai Sahib writes of Jamdoots making mistakes. Jamdoots too is a Jooni like us, and they do make mistakes like everyone. Only Guru-Kartar is free of mistakes.

Kulbir Singh
August 15, 2013 12:17PM
"Eye-Academic",

ਤੂੰ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਐਵੇਂ ਹੀ ਗ਼ੁਸਾ ਕਰ ਲਿਆ। ਅਸੀਂ ਸਾਈਂਸਦਾਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਲਟ ਨਹੀਂ ਹਾਂ। ਜੋ ਉਹ ਚੰਗੀ ਖੋਜ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚ ਆਰਾਮ ਮੁਹਈਆ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਸ ਲਈ ਅਸੀਂ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਪਰ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਹ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਜੋ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਉਲਟ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਕਿ ਐਵੂਲਿਊਸ਼ਨ ਮੁਤਾਬਕ ਬੰਦੇ ਨੂੰ ਬਾਂਦਰ ਤੋਂ ਬਣਿਆ ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ। ਅਸੀਂ ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਦੀ ਵਿਰੋਧਤਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਬਸ ਇੰਨੀ ਕੁ ਗਲ ਹੈ।

ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ
August 15, 2013 02:00PM
Agree to Bhai Kulbir Singh jee, near death experiences explained above are not true. Daas heard of an Ex-Radha Soami's death experience, he specifically mentioned pulling out his Atma by Jamdoots and dragging him before Dharam Rai. He also mentioned his experience about a river on the way to Dharam Raj (which Daas also heard from another Singh jee) there is no mentioning of a tunnel dark or lighted.

In regards to mistakes by Jamdoots we have a living Singh jee who experienced this just few years ago when Jamdoots mistakenly came to him but within seconds realized that this is an Amritdhari Singh they ran away and at the same time another person of their village who carried the same name was found to be dead. I won't disclose his name until I ask his permission but he probably have mention this to many Jatha Singhs.

In light of Gurbani, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee’s writings and from experiences of recent Singhs one can easily say that what is being propagated as ‘Near death experience’ is not a true death experience.
Kulbir Singh Jeeo, why do you believe walking through a "dark tunnel" is not a death experience?

People explain this experience as a dark tunnel because its real dark and one cant see anything just like a tunnel , but its actually not a tunnel. Dark tunnel is just the best description we can use to explain this place/pathway. The light appears at the very end when one escapes this dark tunnel which I regard as the path of death. The light is a short glimpse and appears real fast rite before one escapes this path of death. That light is not Sach Khand Darshan, but this glimmer of light is what saves the jeev from death. The light appeared to me because I started reciting Waaheuguru Waaheguru.... This is just my personal experience I cant say how others saw the light Im sure they too started calling out on God for help.

Sorry I meant to say Gursikhs don't go close to the angel of death " Jaam Kaal" specifically the path of death not Dharam Raj. As previously mentioned I believe those who go through this path of death are approaching death and its not a high spiritual state at all in fact its an extremely low spiritual state while Gursikhs don't come nowhere close to such a path. So I don't understand why people are doubting people have been on this path of death . Some fortunate souls through the grace of Waaheuguru so the end of the path does not seem so terrifying as a light appears. Its not a sweet tunnel at all its terrifying and we wish nobody walks on this path. Jaam doots come when its time to punish the jeev atma, but Waaheguru becomes merciful one can escape this punishment and come back to life. I am very surprised that AMritdhari Gursikhs are doubting the possibility of being saved from death by remembering Gods name. Waaheguru....
August 15, 2013 08:48PM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Eye-Academic",
>
> ਤੂੰ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਐਵੇਂ ਹੀ
> ਗ਼ੁਸਾ ਕਰ ਲਿਆ। ਅਸੀਂ
> ਸਾਈਂਸਦਾਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਲਟ
> ਨਹੀਂ ਹਾਂ। ਜੋ ਉਹ
> ਚੰਗੀ ਖੋਜ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ
> ਅਤੇ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ
> ਵਿਚ ਆਰਾਮ ਮੁਹਈਆ
> ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਸ ਲਈ ਅਸੀਂ
> ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ
> ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਪਰ ਉਹਨਾਂ
> ਦੇ ਉਹ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਜੋ
> ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਉਲਟ
> ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਕਿ
> ਐਵੂਲਿਊਸ਼ਨ ਮੁਤਾਬਕ
> ਬੰਦੇ ਨੂੰ ਬਾਂਦਰ ਤੋਂ
> ਬਣਿਆ ਦਸਦੇ ਹਨ। ਅਸੀਂ
> ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ
> ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ
> ਦੀ ਵਿਰੋਧਤਾ ਕਰਦੇ
> ਹਾਂ। ਬਸ ਇੰਨੀ ਕੁ ਗਲ
> ਹੈ।
>
> ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ

ਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਸਤਿ ਬਚਨ ਜੀ :-)
Reply Quote > аЁ¤а©‚а©° аЁ¤аЁѕаЁ‚ аЁ­аЁѕаЁ€ а ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C28938%2C28971%23msg-28971" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
August 15, 2013 11:02PM
Eyesacademicji,
I love scientists, but mostly I love Waheguru as His Supreme Jot is what gives us science intelligence et al...just ardas that day comes when scientists acknowledge Waheguru makes their intelligence, and comforts to fool us to be egotistic ji...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login