ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waheguru is not kind and compassionate

Posted by ks 
Was trying to get my daughter to follow along keertan in Gurdwara, and she says Waheguru is not kind and compassionate as per arth of Keertan.
Explained to her that it is our karam that is responsible for feeling of Waheguru not being kind, and compassionate...her reply, a firm, "no!"...

sometimes it cause me to wonder too, as Singhni Miripiri said Waheguru did not want her to share bhagti secret to gain jodharia...
if Waheguru possess all great compassion, kindness....and forgives pasu, preth...why do He, and His Saints so quick to call seekers of Him false, and curse then for their weakness (which is also His gift)?
bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
It's wrong to keep disclosing Singhni Miri Piri's private emails between you both so publicly. Its also disrespectful.

It is selfish and egotistical to question Vaheguru when he has given so much to us all our life. It also means we are greedy. Vaheguru has many secrets and it is up to him who he wants to share it with, we have no say in this as we are insects compared to Vaheguru. Karma is justice, our good and wrong actions effect karma and we receive the fruit of them in our next life or afterlife. If no one tells anyone what they are doing wrong they will continue to carry on, its like a father telling their child how to be good.
I agree totally Kaal Singh, and I humbly apologies, but it is also wrong for u to judge those who respond to Singhnia Miripiri post as false...and if u both are still blessed despite your nindak, how is it Waheguru as I do not doubt those who responded to your sister are True Saints of Waheguru..they surely did not curse u for your nindak but Sri Sukhmani Sahib reminds, "Sant ka nindak..."
bhul chuk muaf Waheguru
soriT mhlw 5 ]

sorat(h) mehalaa 5 ||

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehla:

hm mYly qum aUjl krqy hm inrgun qU dwqw ]

ham mailae thum oojal karathae ham niragun thoo dhaathaa ||

We are filthy, and You are immaculate, O Creator Lord; we are worthless, and You are the Great Giver.

hm mUrK qum cqur isAwxy qU srb klw kw igAwqw ]1]

ham moorakh thum chathur siaanae thoo sarab kalaa kaa giaathaa ||1||

We are fools, and You are wise and all-knowing. You are the knower of all things. ||1||

mwDo hm AYsy qU AYsw ]

maadhho ham aisae thoo aisaa ||

O Lord, this is what we are, and this is what You are.

hm pwpI qum pwp KMfn nIko Twkur dysw ] rhwau ]

ham paapee thum paap kha(n)ddan neeko t(h)aakur dhaesaa || rehaao ||

We are sinners, and You are the Destroyer of sins. Your abode is so beautiful, O Lord and Master. ||Pause||

qum sB swjy swij invwjy jIau ipMfu dy pRwnw ]

thum sabh saajae saaj nivaajae jeeo pi(n)dd dhae praanaa ||

You fashion all, and having fashioned them, You bless them. You bestow upon them soul, body and the breath of life.

inrgunIAwry gunu nhI koeI qum dwnu dyhu imhrvwnw ]2]

niraguneeaarae gun nehee koee thum dhaan dhaehu miharavaanaa ||2||

We are worthless - we have no virtue at all; please, bless us with Your gift, O Merciful Lordand Master. ||2||

qum krhu Blw hm Blo n jwnh qum sdw sdw dieAwlw ]

thum karahu bhalaa ham bhalo n jaaneh thum sadhaa sadhaa dhaeiaalaa ||

You do good for us, but we do not see it as good; You are kind and compassionate, forever and ever.

qum suKdweI purK ibDwqy qum rwKhu Apuny bwlw ]3]

thum sukhadhaaee purakh bidhhaathae thum raakhahu apunae baalaa ||3||

You are the Giver of peace, the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny; please, save us, Your children! ||3||

qum inDwn Atl suilqwn jIA jMq siB jwcY ]

thum nidhhaan attal sulithaan jeea ja(n)th sabh jaachai ||

You are the treasure, eternal Lord King; all beings and creatures beg of You.

khu nwnk hm iehY hvwlw rwKu sMqn kY pwCY ]4]6]17]

kahu naanak ham eihai havaalaa raakh sa(n)than kai paashhai ||4||6||17||

Says Nanak, such is our condition; please, Lord, keep us on the Path of the Saints. ||4||6||17||
The last gem line of Gurshabad above is so important to progress in kanio tiki path Singhni...so I do not doubt if I do not lose faith in His Kirpa, my child and me will be spared the fires of down under...
bhul chuk muaf Waheguru
Yes you are right our bhagti/spirituality has not been affected by what we said because it was not nindia. We belittled the view not the individual, we were trying to give singhnia more freedom- what is wrong with that? We should all have a mind of our own and understand the truth. It was not accepted to list the names from the topic ‘Equality of women in the household’ as that would be nindiya so I didn’t list them.

If you want the answer to the truth, dismiss everyone and go to Guru Gobind Singh or you can continue to keep hold of Saints in this world. We wouldn’t be so confident in our belief if we are telling you to get direct answers from Guru Sahib.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee’s qualities/gunns are so HIGH and MAJESTIC due to his POWERFUL AND MIGHTY power and status. He is a True Saint. I am 100% sure that Guru Gobind Singh Jee, our Father, would never let anyone talk as the singhs did within that topic. To even let a statement pass- ‘it’s a man’s world’ and to lessen the fault of that they continued ‘but it’s nothing without a woman’, is extremely and craftily wrong and I pity the people who cannot see that. Yet when singhni miri piri turns this statement around in favour of Singhnia you can see how one-sided so many men are and even worse singhnia cannot see the injustice in this.

Baba Harnam Singh Jee (rumpur khera walay) and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee are examples who went to people in their life but realised they should go directly to Guru Sahib. We should all be going to Guru Sahib for answers and help. Guru Sahib cares for Sikhs and Non-Sikhs. He has even given his darshan to non-sikhs who have shown respect and done seva at Gurdwaray. Guru Sahib is caring like that. He is right here with us; right inside our soul and will reveal himself to us if we truly respect and love him and will talk to us with ease.

‘KS’ ji, you are nit-picking on an issue that does not matter but dismissing the primary purpose of my post as well as Singhni Miri Piri’s article. Singhnia in the jatha are living mindlessly and every singhni proved that who argued with us as they cared nothing for the Truth. Unfortunately, Sikhs are becoming like sheeps by following meaningless Hindu/muslim traditions which have nothing to do with Gurmat. Before anyone picks on customs in the past from Gursikhs, you should all know that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh already knew that there should be equality in the household and both Singh and Singhni should be helping and doing seva of one another. If anyone doesn’t believe this then increase your spirituality and find out directly from Bhai Sahib. Again, we wouldn’t confidently tell you to do this if this wasn’t the truth.

This seva of true equality was purposely left for a Singhni to do. It is a Singhni’s duty to bring back the power which Guru Gobind Singh kindled within Singhnia at his time on this planet but lost its way overtime. That power is again needed for Khalsa Raj.

If Bibi Sahib Kartar Kaur jee did want help from Bhai Sahib in the housework he would not argue and say it is not his place, but instead he would help and would continue helping with anand and humility.

Why do you think Guru Nanak Dev Jee and Guru Amar Das Jee tried so hard to preach equality? It’s because Vaheguru has equality within him and wishes Singhnia to have right to every type of equality. They all tried to preach that both Singh and Singhni are on the same level and have the same rights.

The stories of Bibi Sahib Kaur and Mata Bhag Kaur Jee are examples of Guru Sahib’s teachings and power lit within a Singhni. Mata Bhag Kaur Jee’s story was created by Vaheguru so that Sikhs would see the power of a Singhni and what her worth is to Guru Sahib.

Bibi Sahib Amarjit Kaur Jee did not want to do any housework or have a child- was that bad? Did that make her any less of a woman and a Gursikh? Was the lifestyle of Shaheed Fauja Singh and Bibi Amarjit Kaur anti-gurmat? Did it lead to a divorce? If a Singh does seva at a Gurdwara why is he not doing seva in his house? He has Gursikhs in his house to do seva of but never does it there and only at Gurdwaray.

Singhs have no right to tell a Singhni of her role and position, including how she dresses and behaves. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh and Baba Harnam Singh would never have such a discussion.

From Bhai Sahib's time, times have changed now since feminism (equality) has come into the picture so singhs are now suppressing singhnia and saying anything the contrary is western culture. They say this because they want to brainwash singhnia into continuing with this custom (slavery), so they call this lifestyle Gurmat.

Lastly you can dismiss everything we say, believe whatever you wish but it doesn’t affect us because the truth remains the truth. Go spiritually high to find out yourself. I would prefer to stop discussing here.
This is how I will respond to my childs inqisitive mind. I would say so who do you think provides us with water, air, food and most important Swas (life). Child's answer should be God or vaheguru. Then If Vaheguru ji is providing these then how is he not kind and compassionate to you. He is providing with all the basic necessities for your life and how come you cannot see them. Also you can quote lines from 4th and 6th asathpadi of Sukmani Sahib. Sukhmani sahib is very very uplifting bani when our mind wavers and does not acknowledge the greatness of our creator. It puts us back on track and gives us the wisdom to look at many many blessings from Guru sahib ji.
Now the second part is why does your child or my child or anybody feel that Vaheguru is not kind is simply because our desires are not fulfilled. These desires are generated by our five enemies and strongest one is Haumai. So it will be nice to explain to ourselves that if we break down the source of unhappiness and point it to one of these Five enemies then we will not blame God for our situation and will know the culprit is within ourselves and we are merely trying to pollute our minds more by doubting our creator. Beautiful shabad by Guru Arjan Dev Ji is quoted by Singhniji I definitely sing the these two lines when I find myself starting to doubt that Guru sahibji will never forgive me for my wrongdoings but these lines give me hope, our Guru sahib ji is always always merciful its just on our part that we lack to surrender to him that is why we cannot meet him.
ਤੁਮ ਕਰਹੁ ਭਲਾ ਹਮ ਭਲੋ ਨ ਜਾਨਹ ਤੁਮ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਦਇਆਲਾ ॥
ਤੁਮ ਸੁਖਦਾਈ ਪੁਰਖ ਬਿਧਾਤੇ ਤੁਮ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਬਾਲਾ ॥੩॥
ਤੁਮ ਕਰਹੁ ਭਲਾ ਹਮ ਭਲੋ ਨ ਜਾਨਹ ਤੁਮ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਦਇਆਲਾ ॥
ਤੁਮ ਸੁਖਦਾਈ ਪੁਰਖ ਬਿਧਾਤੇ ਤੁਮ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਬਾਲਾ ॥੩॥.......
Hopefully you, me and everybody who is trying to walk this path shown by our Guru sahib ji is blessed with unwavered faith towards our Guru Ji and may Guru ji bless us all to see many many many.... blessings coming from our creator so that we can be always be in a thanking mode rather than in a complaining mode.
I remember a young guy I met many years ago. I was talking on spiritual things and I told him God gives us so much and we should be grateful for that. The boy answered, ' But its God also who created the needs. I did not want to exist and yet he created my being and threw me into all this game of karma. Why? I never said I wanted to 'be', and I never wanted to a part of this. My body has needs, my being has needs and these natural needs were made a part of system of existence by God himself. He could have chosen to NOT have it like this too. He created the system, he created a naturally wavering and imperfect mind. He created a body which has so many needs. I never ever wanted to exist in the first place. I did not want to be a part of this game of life at all.
I could not reply satisfactorily to the young boy's objections. When it comes to God ultimately no rationale is perfect. It is as they say, a matter of faith.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Dhan Waheguru..and Guru Pyareo for inspiring advice...and I do go to Guru Gobind Singh Jio directly, and know without a doubt my love, sewa that caused my daughter to feel Guru Sahib has not removed dukh in our life...He must not be kind or compassionate....as my daughter sees as all those we surrounded amongst, that dukh is not sukh, but maya is sukh...
Kaal Singh jio, except for dreams of Guru Gobind Singh Jio, I have yet to be blessed to talk to Him, but could you convey my message to Guru Sahib Maharaj to hear the ardas of Singhnia who suffer in Punjab, as their Singhs have become Shaheed or incarcerated...

bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Eyesacademic, I am ever so disappointed. I was reading through your post above and as I was reading through the little boys question I was getting extremely excited because the little boys question is also mine. I thought FINALLY someone has the long awaited answer to my question... The answer has to be the biggest anticlimax I have experienced to date. I have asked that question for a very long time and wondered why nobody else asks themselves the same question? Surely the answer to that question is the starting point of our life, being able to understand our existence? If I understood my existence I think it would make it easier to follow religion? There must be people out there who ask the same question. There must be someone out there of high spirituality who has shared the answer?

Life doesn’t make sense to me. Also, every game has a way of cheating and winning...is there one for this game that we are a part of? If don't want to be a part of this game, can i quit somehow?

Desperately seeking answers. I really don’t want to wait until I have done x amount of bhagti before I receive the answer for myself….because that may never happen (the x amount if bhagti, that is). Kaal Singh and Singhni Miri Piri, you both seem to have connections in high places. Maybe you can shed some light?

Also I don’t understand, Guru Nanak Dev Ji was God himself. Why did God come to earth in disguise? Why did he send others like Mohammed, Jesus etc to give the message before him? Why did he not come down himself to begin with?

Why does God want us to glorify him by chanting his name over and over? Guru Nanak Dev Ji was God himself, yet in Gurbani it says ‘Nanak your slave’ frequently. So presumably God wants us to present ourselves to him as his slaves and lowly beings, but why? Its like the little boy said, God chose to create us as imperfect. If God would like us now to be perfect why does he not just change us again? God is the almighty who can do anything. I don’t doubt that for a second. I’m just wondering why he chooses to put us through a difficult ordeal instead of just changing us according to his preference?
Learner
If I understood my existence I think it would make it easier to follow religion?
If you want to understand then just know that "You are beautiful creation of Creator".
How and when you came here is not important at this point because you are already in battlefield. The instructions on how to win this battle were given to you when you were placed in this battlefield. You had loved creator before entering the battlefield, you promised him that you will never forget him for an instant, you had never questioned him back with all the queries you are having now because you were deeply in love with him at that time. You could not have imagined your life without him so all the stuff that is going on in mind was not there because there was only one thing LOVE for Vaheguru. Your each and every pore was filled with love so there was no existense of anything else you were really living and loving your existence but as soon as you were dropped in battlefield all that bliss became a dream and slowly you forgot everything. Now in the battle field you are always siding with enemy and see them as your best friend. You feel comfortable in company of enemy and try to obey and please them because you believe that eventually your enemies will give you big Shabaash saying that you have served us well and we will leave you now no thats not how these enemies will get defeated. In order to defeat them try to take guidance from Guru Granth Sahib Ji answers to all the questions are there but somehow our enemies see it as a waste of time to follow Guru sahib ji. Be aware this is exactly what is the purpose of enemy, the dangerous thought

I really don’t want to wait until I have done x amount of bhagti before I receive the answer for myself….
is what they want.
In this world everything comes after putting in some effort how can you imagine that you will recieve something totally free without doing any work for it especially something that is very very very rare. What made you think that somebody will share the treasure with you, and to tell you truth even if somebody shares it, you will not believe that person because then your mind will play another trick that how is the stuff this person talking/telling possible, then your mind would want to see and feel the stuff for your self to believe. Naah veerji/bhenji this play doesnot work like that, everything is within our reach just so that we do not doubt our Guru Sahib ji for a moment and keep doing whatever Guru sahib ji tells and after the walking the path shown by Guru sahib Ji we will definitely come to end of this Mayavi tunnel and see and feel for ourselves the lap of our Pitaji. Instead of having the queiries, have this dream that you are fighting the enemy and have defeated it and then you come running to him and sit in his lap and say Pitaji you saved me thank you for giving me the weapon of Naam, Gurbani, sangat, seva, amritvela and so on, all these helped me get to you safely otherwise the enemy is very strong. Thank you from every pore of my body and just hug his feets tightly and wash them with your tears that came to your eyes remembering the time when you were separated from him.

So my Veerji/bhenji when somebody is in battlefield then best thing would be to focus on how to win this battle because defeat will bring immense misery and more dukh. Currently our focus should be to gather whatever skills, whatever weapons we need to win the battle. If you win the battle your queries will get the answers if not then your queries will remain unanswered and more will get added into the stock you already have.
In battlefield instead of wasting time to see why I am here? how can I run away?use your time wisely that is coming to end very soon, time is ticking so do not waste time on these questions they might seem very important to your mind but they are just nothing because during end of life they will not come to your mind they will leave you, their purpose of keeping you from doing bhagti is fulfilled.
Note: Wherever I am saying "you" it is representing any person whoever is having similar thoughts ofHow WHY, When and conditions of doing bhagti so do not get hurt and still if something hurt you my sincere apolgies as the purpose was not to hurt but to see life from different perspective.
Thanks GK ji.
Thank you GK. This is a battlefield indeed. I feel though that the enemy has a stronger army. They seem to have more numbers, followers, support. I am not a part of the elite army yet... but I so desperately want to be. The problem is when I look at the army that I am suppose to be a part of I only see a few people standing there... it makes it difficult to pluck up the courage and take a leap of faith onto the correct side. If only we were the masses...If only everywhere we went I saw more members of the elite army…it would be easier to make that transition from sitting on the fence to jumping onto the right side. But anyway, I guess that’s a personal battle that I will have to fight!

Thank you for all of your advice.
Anonymous User
Re: Waheguru is not kind and compassionate
August 09, 2013 01:20PM
It's so true what that boy said of how God put us in this body and He's the one who created needs.
Anonymous User
Re: Waheguru is not kind and compassionate
August 09, 2013 10:48PM
We have no idea of how kind waheguru is, it's wrong to think that waheguru is not kind because that statement is unreal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login