ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sleep like feeling during path(arth vichaar ke)

Posted by preet kokri 
When we do path slowly with dhian on meanings, why we feel our eyes heavy, a sleep like strong feeling comes, and it ends all enjoy of arth vichaar. It's not exactly sleep, but i dont know how to explain it. It's a state of body in which body relax n eyes heavy, and mind want to sleep. Please suggest easy solutions to this problem, bec it destroys all anand of bani vichaar n we've to increase the speed of path to overcome this sleepy feeling, but it reduces interest in path. Pls be frank and dont hesitate to reply, as i'm just a beginner on this path, n 'll never criticize the ideas.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Wahegury Ji Ki Fateh

I was advised once by some Gurmukh that our mind is suffering form the tiredness of many births and when we read bani vichar vichar ke or listen to Gurbani kirtan, this mind gets rest and relaxes and straightaway start calming down and goes into not exactly the sleeping mode but a kind of drowsiness or half-asleep mode.
But this half sleep mode stops mind from contact with arth. What's the solution.
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

I asked l a gursikh this exact same question! gosh that is so funny!

He said that your body is getting araam from panj dhootha... kaam, krodh,lobh,moh, ahunkaar

This half sleep mode is a blessing from guru sahib..I was equally troubled by it and got really annoyed at it..

But just consider it a blessing from guru sahib

take this as an encouragement to keep on doing more path and moving ahead on the thornfilled path of gursikhee

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
When I feel like sleeping I get up and do 20 pushups. That's when my heart starts pumping and I lose all sleepy feeling and then go back to doing paath. Trust me, it works and it keeps you fit too. This way the Tann(body) and Mann(mind) are both taken care of.
Ya very good way in private, but we cant do it in sangat.
Got no solution still.
There is no solution

You are always going to become tired when you do large amounts of naam and baani until you get to a higher avastha.. ( and girl I mean really really high) Its frustrating.. Im like why am I this tired/? It makes me so mad? But I deal with it/ And realize that my amritvela on weekends are different than school days...
its the reality of life...school days I have to run to school. so u do less.. on weekends u do more becuz no college no nothing?

But you have to deal with it. and continue..

Notice how when you sleep during baani vichaar you wake up feeling the best you have felt in forever. That is what happens to me...
So what I do .. Just deal with it..

I did aasaa di vaar almost all of it this morning was done at maybe: 6:30 am( I only do crazy htings like this in summer vacation days which is wht I am in. .I have summe r

and woke up at 2:30pm

yeah my life .. .is like that too..

I don't understand why
but I realize my mind got lots of araam and rest.. because it is plagued by panch dooths... for lifetimes for many many lifetimes

and the only thing that could give my mind rest was gurbaani and path. and keertan

I am starving haven't eaten all day but it gave my mind lots of rest I thinksmiling smiley
But I feel like crazy for sleeping this much...
see its gonna continue happening..

don't u want peace.. This is peace u get from gurbaani.. guru sahib is blessing u with peace when he makes u tired..

I am sharing my experiences so u know that there is no solution.. I deal with it on a daily daily basis... and I struggle with it a lot too... and it sucks
its just more motivation to build your avastha up and maybe take amrit.. and you know follow sikhi to the max! I guess
At last found solution. Told by a kathavachak. Got his instruction now. He told k say ur mind "you sit outside n stop every thought to enter until i end my arth veechar path". If you include mind during path to curb the vikaars, within weeks it'll get hold on sleep, n other problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login