ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Giani Gian Singh ji and Bhai Vir Singh

Posted by eyesacademic 
I hold Bhai Vir Singh in great respect in my heart. But I read online that Khalsa Tract Society cheated greatly with Giani Gian Singh ji while he was gravely ill by making him hand over unpublished books to them with a promise that they shall publish them. Khalsa Tract Society never kept the promise and for the next 17 years Giani Gian Singh ji tried to get his material back but could never succeed. He became disillusioned with them and later on resigned to his fate.
http://www.singhsabhacanada.com/?p=4313

Does anybody know from other sources if this is true?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The site you have mentioned tops the list of anti sikh sites.Their sole purpose is to indulge in anti sikh propaganda.
They are famous for that.

I will never believe any such news from them as their main aim is to bring down the status of Gursikhs in the eyes
of sikh sangat. It is kala afghana whose books primary purpose was to denigrate sikh mahapurakhs.They included
Bhai sahib Bhai Randhir singh ji, Sant bhindrewale, bhai veer singh ji, sant attar singh ji etc.
I really hope that this quotation which they are showing to be from 'Ripudaman Prakash' by Giani ji is false. Because for me personally it would be a hard hit if its true. Bhai Vir Singh was kind of my first love in modern Sikh literature.
Totall agree with Inder Singh Ji.
I found a similar thread on sikhawareness forum back from 2010. The majority opinion over there too was that this is a bunch of lies.
That is a Kala Afghanist site, in fact this is their main site. On the one hand they don't like Giani Gian Singh and on the other hand they don't like Bhai Sahib Bhai Vir Singh Jee either. They are just doing drama of humdardi and agreement with Giani Gian Singh Jee, read their Nindya filled literature on what they write on Giani Gian Singh. So what purpose does it serve for them to write such an article where they are trying to show Bhai Sahib Vir Singh Jee in a negative light? These Shraarattee people are trying to throw mud at our respected elders of the Panth whose name Sikhs say with reverence and whose examples we try to follow.

They always target such respected elders of the panth like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee, Past Jathedars of the DDT, Bhai Sahib Vir Singh Jee and of course respected Sants of the past are their favourite target of all.

Best thing is to not even read their articles. If you want to lose your faith, Shardha in Sikhi and become a naastic minded person, then go a head and visit their kintu prantu site. It is a useless site full of articles written by "professors" who have never even gone to an accredited college. Such fake professors are getting their 'professor' title by doing a 2 year correspondence course from a badnaam collage in Ludhiana.
Singh sahib

I did participate in a similar discussion on sikhawareness on propaganda of tabloid sites such as this asinghsabha canada. Be assured that it is 100 percent lie.

The owner is a habitual liar and a truck driver who used to drive taxi in Delhi when in India. He once wrote that he used to be a student of khalsa college amritsar in 1960s and that time there was no Dukh bhanjni beri there.It was planted afterwards to augment offerings from sangat.

I am here still alive who as a child in 1950s have seen Dukh bhanjani beri myself. So this is all propaganda stuff aimed under deep rooted conspiracy to break faith of our younger minds mostly out of India.. This was started after 1984.
Bhai rsingh ji wrote

Best thing is to not even read their articles. If you want to lose your faith, Shardha in Sikhi and become a naastic minded person, then go a head and visit their kintu prantu site.
===========================================================================================================

Very well said. The best way is not visit their site. aSingh sabha canada is a dummy organization with no office, street address and their existence is internet propaganda to defame sikhism.They are trained in art of propaganda.

One person known to me hailing from San jose,CA used to be an amritdhari singh and had parkash of Guru sahib at home. He started reading kala afghana stuff. The writings made him to lose faith in amrit of khalsa and he removed his kakkars. Finally he removed parkash of Guru sahib.This is how a simple mind is converted by consistent propaganda.

If Sikhism as a religion has its enemies,these people are our no 1 enemies.
You are correct brothers. I could tell straight away that the article is biased. But it was the Brij Bhasha quotation that I was worried about. Buut Now I think it would not be too far fetched to think that they could have managed to write a small brij bhasha poetry lines from amongst themselves or maybe they could have asked somebody else to do it.

But you know, what is beyond my understanding is why someone who is born into Sikh fold would go to such lengths to slander our own history and ethos?

Although not related with this incident but another thing that I cannot comprehend is why most of the people try to find 'intellectual' swaad from Sikhi path. Sikh missionaries and so called professors of this and that are not at all attracted to bhagtee. They have no thirst for the spiritual and no thirst for experiencing something divine in their life. They do no jaap no nothing. And YET they are so vociferous about Sikh reform and this and that. All they want to prove is that Guru Nanak Sahib was a scientific and modern day reformer and that Sikh religion is a clean and modern-thinking religion.
They would often say 'understand' Gurbani and implement it in life. I get exasperated by this. WHAT IS THERE SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND IN GURBANI?? WHAT IS THERE TO IMPLEMENT EXCEPT BHAGTEE?

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹੁ ਤਤੁ ਬੀਚਾਰਾ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਭਜਨ ਨਾਹੀ ਛੁਟਕਾਰਾ ॥

SIMPLE!

Well, whatever!
We should not make personal attacks like highlighting that one is a taxi driver or a truck driver etc. nor we should resort to name calling e.g. someone called him a "Bandar". The admins took out that post.

Now, coming back to this issue, definitely, if we want to engage in Prema-Bhagti, we should avoid reading their material which is devoid of this Prema-Bhagti for Vaheguru. All you read there is accusations against authentic Panthik personalities and attacks on basic fundamentals of Sikhi.

The problem is that today Panth is staring at two extremes - the so called "Jagroop" Sikhs who are attacking all our principles like Naam Simran, Amritvela, Dasam Baani and even Rehit-Rehnee e.g. Kakaars, Amrit Chhakna. They have even rejected Ardaas and Amrit Baanis like Siri Jaap Sahib and Savaiye. Unfortunately, they can't see the great Tasavvuf in Siri Jaap Sahib. These people have made up their mind and there is no point in arguing with them.

By the same token, the Deravaad in Punjab has reached dangerous levels and their practices too are very detrimental to the Panth. These Deradaars don't get married and then many of them get embroiled in scandals. They molest innocent girls and women who go to them for spiritual help. These people let people Matha-tek to them and they too are doing a lot of things against Sikh Rehnee.

Today it's hard to find a Gurmukh of high state, who wants to be a humble Gursikh. When someone gets a little Kirpa, he starts a campaign of self-worship. It's indeed a very dark Kaljug.

Kulbir Singh
Khalsa jio
"Gur ki ninda sunai na kaan bhet karo tis sang kirpan !!"
Tankhanama bhai nand Lal ji
Fir dass ne tan sirf "Bandar "hi kiha si and post was deleted.
In my view if they attack our basic principles, slander our Gurus and their writings, they deserve such language.

WE are not followers of Gandhi who when slapped on one cheek offer the other also to the attacker.
One thing about Bhai Vir Singh ji is that his father and him were always in opposition to Raag mala and they used to publish write ups in their newspaper Khalsa Akhbar against raag mala uo until 1935. All of sudden, no body knows what happened and he startes preaching in favour of Raag malaa. Older singhs tells that most of Panth was against keeping Raag Malaa in Guru Sahib's saroop and it was almost agreed upon while preparing Rehat Maryada Draft but because of Bhai Sahib's u-turn on this issue, it had to be decided to keep it but anybody is free to read it or not
Sagg Ji,

I have heard this about Bhai Veer Singh that he took a U-turn but couldn't find any write-up where he supported Raag Mala. Can you please point to one?

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa
Vaheguroo jee Kee Fateh

I have heard this about Bhai Veer Singh that he took a U-turn but couldn't find any write-up where he supported Raag Mala. Can you please point to one?

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa
Vaheguroo jee Kee Fateh

In support of his father, he definitely took a U turn and supported Raag Mala.

[www.vidhia.com]
pg 344

Either way I don't think it matters. Everyone makes mistakes. He has done more good for the panth then any of us can imagine. These type of mistakes should not portray his legacy and service to the panth.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login