ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to deal with rakhshash like work colleagues?

Posted by Theguptone 
My hath jor ke benti to elder gurmukhs such as Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji who have experience of going to work and dealing with colleagues, how best to deal with situations like this?

I am working with a colleague who is basically a demon I am sorry to say. We are meant to be working as collaborative partners however she treats it more as a competition. She is always looking out for ways to trip me up and constantly brings extreme negativity to the workplace every single morning- 100% of this negativity is directed at me, and for no reason at all. I get on with absolutely everyone else in the workplace, I am very much liked, it is only this one person who many others also secretly have problems with.

Now my issue is that from a Gurmat angle how can one remain at peace and attached to naam? What drives me crazy is that as this person is working with me as my partner, she many times texts me and emails me about work in the evenings and weekends, I sometimes think she does it just to annoy me- so even at home I get reminded of the workplace and what a difficult person she is to work with.

My sikhi is going down and my mind is getting more and more unsettled and full of krodh. Can I please have some help gursikho!?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
21 Benti Chaupai per day for 40 days.

Hoping that following Pauris give you some strength.
ਪੁਨਿ ਰਾਛਸ ਕਾ ਕਾਟਾ ਸੀਸਾ ॥
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਕੇਤੁ ਜਗਤ ਕੇ ਈਸਾ ॥
ਪੁਹਪਨ ਬ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਗਗਨ ਤੇ ਭਈ ॥
ਸਭਹਿਨ ਆਨਿ ਬਧਾਈ ਦਈ ॥੩੭੫॥
ਧੰਨ੍ਯ ਧੰਨ੍ਯ ਲੋਗਨ ਕੇ ਰਾਜਾ ॥
ਦੁਸਟਨ ਦਾਹ ਗਰੀਬ ਨਿਵਾਜਾ ॥
ਅਖਲ ਭਵਨ ਕੇ ਸਿਰਜਨਹਾਰੇ ॥
ਦਾਸ ਜਾਨਿ ਮੁਹਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੇ ॥੩੭੬॥

Your situation reminds me of how a limping Jailor use to unnecessary irritate Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee in prison until the time Bhai Sahib discovered that this Jailor had connection with him from previous birth. I pray that all things get right for you at your work place. Do not worry, the days are not going to be like this forever. And, Thank Waheguru that the hardship we are currently going through is nothing as compared to when we used live on horseback in jungles.

Invite her with her family to your home to have a lunch/dinner on some weekend with your family. Then lead the conversation to share some basics of Sikhi with her and explain what are the principles that hold dear to us. Give a little background of Sikh history and the sacrifices. As CCD says "A lot can happen over a coffee", similarly a lot can happen over a sarblohi langar too. A change of heart can happen.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Recently I had a manager like that. I even lost my temper on a few occasions but one of my Gurmukh Colleagues advised me to ignore his antics saying he will get what he deserves eventually as almost every team that manager had been, hated him.

Probably it's result of some previous Karma. Now two weeks ago that manager got sacked for offending another senior manager for mis-conduct. Since then every one at work simply loves it.
Anonymous User
Re: How to deal with rakhshash like work colleagues?
June 18, 2013 11:42AM
I had this problem too, forget about managers, happens in families and everywhere even in gurughars and so called friends so called lovers, so called husbands so called wives, children. This problem is everywhere. Just complain about it and make it formal.

People get arrogant when they have something and they show no respect. Quite disgusting to be honest and we have ALOT of people among us that are like that. We all know who they are and aren't. Guru Sahib is always watching. So please don't hide behind bani either because you will be caught.
I agree with the idea that most of the people who touch us deeply, either negatively or positively have links from our past lives. We have karmic equations to balance. Strong love and hatred, major milestones in life such as marriage, job, death are all outcomes of previous karma. Take oat aasra of Gurbani and choose some special inspiring shabads on the topic of dusht people and recite those shabads. Form a spiritual protective shield around yourself with help of Gurbani.
Anonymous User
Re: How to deal with rakhshash like work colleagues?
June 18, 2013 06:11PM
You are right some dusht people indeed are around. And on top of that some are pretty shameless dushts. Some people just have no sharam what so ever. They have to just open their BIG mouths and ruin other peoples lives because 'they' think TOO MUCH too fast, some people speak soo much too much. Some people have a problem if you speak and some people have a problem if a person wears a dastar some way or the other, and some people just can't resist if you don't speak.

I got called paagi when I was not anyones paagi and I'm a girl, I mean really, I always thought what the deal with that was and OH MY LORD, I didn't deserve that back then.

Why call a girl paagi and especially calling a girl something something singh paagi. No I am NOT your PAAGI, BECAUSE I'M A FEMALE. Now you KNOW who you are.

And on top of that how it is very terrible. Just because I put a few of my pictures up on a gurmat related site, I was TOLD OFF very BRUTALLY that I was trying to SELL myself. What thaa?! You know who you are, your words were disasterous, GOD bless YOU, though, NEVER MIND.

Thank you dusht people, may the dushts of your life be waiting for you all too on the other end of your own very lives, because obviously it is too easy for you dusht people to ruin the lives of other people.

Admin Cut for Profanity

wjkk wjkf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login