ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In Search For A Certain Nitnem?

Posted by Inderpal Singh 
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Sangat Jio, this is my first topic for this site and hopefully not my last. However skipping the introduction I would like ask a simple question, and my question is well I am looking for a specific Nitnem from either Damdami Taksaal or from the ones the Nihangs use, so does anyone know where to purchase these Nitnem from? The reason I ask is because the Nitnem I have is your typical Nitnem which has certain bani's missing such as the full Choupai sahib Etc. However I wish to purchase a Damdami Taksaal/Nihangs Nitnem with transliteration even though it is somewhat looked down upon to use a Nitnem with transliteration because learning Gurmukhi is a must, in which I agree upon however till I master Gurmukhi I would appreciate to have something to help me out for a while, if you get what I'm saying.

If I cannot purchase these Nitnem from the web, is it possible to purchase these sort of Nitnem at southall in the U.K .

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh! cool smiley
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
If you use android phone just download free app 'Sundar Gutka' from google play.
The APP that exactly matches your need is called "GURBANI ANYWHERE". But this is available for Apple (iPhone, iPod) and Windows Phones only. Unfortunately, not for Android yet.

The APP called "Sundar Gutka" for Android has 3 modes of Gurbani Length - Long, Medium and Short. Probably, this may suffice your need. But the text formatting is not very good and features are very limited.

There is another APP called "Gurbani Search" for Android which has very good options and features. But this may not have the Length of banis which you are looking forward to.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

To both eyesacademic and jaskirat, thank you for your replies. However I was asking to purchase a physical Nitnem Gutka the reason being is because having a physical Gutka would just make me feel right, I have Sundar Gutka on my I phone but its like I would much prefer the physical Gutka rather than something digitalise.
Forgive me for any inconvience

WJKK WJKF Inderpal Singh,

Your best bet would be the Sikh Missionary Society in Southall, address and contact details can be found here : Sikh Missionary Society (UK)

WJKF

Navroop Singh
gurfateh,

no none of the nitnems come in a romanised form.

the nihnag and takslai gutke are pure gurmukhi, and if you are doing nitnem on that level it shouldnt be for novices.

hope that helped AKAAL!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login