Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fast nitnem

Posted by p21singh 
fast nitnem
June 13, 2013 03:20AM
Vaheguruoo jee kaa khalsa
Vaheguruoo jee kii fateh

actually i was searching for a fast nitnem audio recording..if anyone have it...????

i had listened it once in someone's car.....i think it takes 30 min to complete full panj baniyaan nitnem..

i think tht would either be of bhai jarnail singh jeee or giani thakur singh jee....

plzzzz give me a link.....if u knw of it

thnxxx

Vaheguruoo jee kaa khalsa
Vaheguruoo jee kii fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: fast nitnem
June 13, 2013 07:28AM
It is definitely not Giani Thakur singh jee. He takes 30 mins just to complete the Japji Sahib.
June 13, 2013 07:44AM
It used to be on the B.O.S.S. (British organization of Sikh students) website before, not sure if its there anymore. And its neither by Bhai Jarnail Singh nor Gyani Thakur Singh, and it takes 37 minutes to listen to the 5 Banis.
June 13, 2013 07:59AM
i found tht and its by bhai jarnail singh jee...thnxx veer jeee
June 13, 2013 09:25AM
ਪੀ ੨੧ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਤੇਜ ਨਿਤਨੇਮ ਤੋਂ ਉਪਰ ਵੀ ਇਕ ਚੀਜ ਹੈ ਗੋਲੀਆਂ ਜੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਦਿਨ ਚ ਇਕ ਨਿਤਨੇਮ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਇਕ ਗੋਲੀ ਖਾਓ ,ਜੇ ਦੋ ਕਰਨੇ ਹਨ ਤਾਂ ਦੋ ਗੋਲੀਆਂ ਤੇ ਇਸੇ ਤਰਾਂ ਹੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੇ ਬਾਕੀ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀਆਂ ਵੀ ਬਸ ਗੋਲੀ ਖਾਓ ਤੇ ਨਿਤਨੇਮ ਕਰਨ ਜਾਂ ਸੁਣਨ ਦੀ ਜਰੂਰਤ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ |ਇਹ ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਗੋਲੀਆਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਇਕਬਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੌਲਾਂ ਜੀ ਟਕਸਾਲ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਦੇ ਦਵਾਖਾਨੇ ਤੋਂ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਂਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ |smiling bouncing smiley
Anonymous User
June 13, 2013 02:00PM
Totally agree with Harsh Singh.
June 13, 2013 04:40PM
Is that recording simply speeded up by any chance? I recall listening to a recording and it did not sound natural but artificially sped up. Please post the link.
June 13, 2013 07:57PM
Bhai jarnail singh ji damdami taksal diya audio files (savaiye mehle pehley key, shri baavan akhri, shri dakhni onkaar) main roz car vich sunda han. Bhai sahib da style thoda fast tan hai par enna vi fast nahi? Maybe you brothers are referring to some othr audios?

Par bhai sahib ji de paath karan di laey te dhun mainu bahut pasand hai. Ain poora vadhiya.
June 17, 2013 04:15PM
Harsh Singh ji is right. Gurbani pills are a good way .smiling smiley

It seems for some, Sikhi has nothing to do with Truthful Living with the help of understanding Gurbani in order to practice it in our everyday lives but to parrot it just like the Hindu mantars and other mechanical rituals. It is rather a shame how we have degraded Sikhi to a fast forward mode.
June 17, 2013 05:17PM
Tejwant Singh ji what according to Gurbani is the way to experience Waheguru? Is it through intense practice of Naam or it is through high moral living? I know many people in my social circle who have high morals. They are all nice people, who do honest jobs, help out each other even strangers at times, they also recite Gurbani, yet they have not attained any spiritual avastha. So I wonder, when you say:

understanding Gurbani in order to practice it in our everyday lives

what do you really mean by that? Do you mean a good moral living consisting of being honest, speaking truth, not resorting to dishonest means, not hurting anyone by words, deeds and actions etc ? Will a good moral living in itself give us the Supreme Experience of Anand which Guru Amardass ji talks about or will that make us Brahmagyani as described in Sukhmani Sahib?

Or is there something more required than just a good moral living? What about Naam jaap? What about Gurbani's paras kala which Bhai Randhir Singh ji talks about?
The statement that 'its important to understand Gurbani and practice it in our lives' is commonly used in sikh community and most often it is not made clear what it is that is to be practiced and further that will that practice make us Brahmgyani or lead us to Supreme Anand.

For me it is clear:
ਇਕ ਦੂ ਜੀਭੌ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਲਖ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਲਖ ਵੀਸ ॥ ਲਖੁ ਲਖੁ ਗੇੜਾ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ॥

Guru Sahib clearly lays out the path and method of Gurmukh Gaadi Raah. Naam is to be recited:

ਗਾਵੀਐ ਸੁਣੀਐ ਮਨਿ ਰਖੀਐ ਭਾਉ ॥ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਰਹਰਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਘਰਿ ਲੈ ਜਾਇ ॥

Further we have a long history of people who have walked the bhagti maarg as per Gurmat, eg in modern times, Baba Karam Singh ji Hoti Mardan, Baba Atar Singh ji Reru Sahib Wale, Baba Isher Singh ji Rara Sahib, Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji, So many other Gursikhs of AKJ as mentioned in the wonderful book Rangle Sajjan, Sant Attar Singh ji Mastuana. All these Gurmukh pyare have reached their avastha through NAAM and GURBANI. Sant Jarnail Singh ji Bhinderawale used to do continuous Japji sahib in his surtee.

So for me Naam jaap, reading Gurbani (even if sometimes I do not do it with full concentration) is the way to God realization. There are days when one does not feel upto doing the Nitnem. There are days when you are too tired. There are days when you are very distracted with other things, such as family, job, social things etc. In those days it is important that you somehow try and find a way to complete your nitnem. And not let a break come in. These things happen with everybody who is a Nitnemi. But for those who never tried Nitnem over a long period of time it is easy to say reading gurbani without understanding it is useless.

So, Tejwant Singh ji, what are your views on all this?
- What is the way of attainment of Waheguru as per Gurbani? Is it simply by living a high moralistic life?
- What about Naam jaap which is talked about in Gurbani all over 1430 angs of Guru Granth Sahib?
- Does Gurbani not have any paras kala?
June 17, 2013 09:03PM
eyesacadamic ji,

Guru Fateh.

The topic of this thread is "Fast Nitnem" which has nothing to do with your post. My response was in relation to Harsh Singh ji's post. Please stick to the topic of the thread in this one.

You may start another thread with your post with a different name and I will respond to it to the best of my Gurmat wisdom. Let's give others the chance to talk about the topic being discussed.

Thanks and regards

Tejwant Singh
June 17, 2013 11:54PM
Tejwant ji I was on the topic. Perhaps you missed the point. Let me reiterate:

You wrote:

It seems for some, Sikhi has nothing to do with Truthful Living with the help of understanding Gurbani in order to practice it in our everyday lives but to parrot it just like the Hindu mantars and other mechanical rituals. It is rather a shame how we have degraded Sikhi to a fast forward mode.

Based on your words it can be inferred:

# That 'Truthful Living with the help of understanding Gurbani in order to practice it in our everyday lives' is the ideal which needs to be practiced: My natural query was what is this Truthful Living and what is the understanding which is to be applied in our daily lives? Is it Naam jaap and Gurbani recitation or is it just high morals. My contention was that there are many people who are truthful and honest and have many good virtues and yet they have not had any spiritual awakening. So just by a good moralistic life one cannot attain the Gurbani's ideals of Brahmgyan. On this point I asked your clarification.

#That parrot like recitation of Gurbani is a mechanical ritual and is devoid of any merit: As long as done by honest intentions, reciting Gurbani is not parrot like act. This is so because Gurbani is made of divine attributes and divine substance. Our faith teaches us that it is no different from Akal Purakh. It is manifestation of Akal Purakh's Guru jyot. As long as one recites it with honest intention and respect it would bless the reciter with spiritual merit.
If for example someone who does not understand a word of Japji Sahib were to recite it with true 'jaachak bhaav' He/She would derive great spiritual merit out of it in this life as well as hereafter. Because Gurbani has the Supreme Paras Kala which nothing else on this earth has.
Of course the benefit would be greater if the person understands Japji Sahib's literal meaning.

Based upon these two ideas, that Gurbani has Paras Kala, and that Gurmat marg is essentially of Naam Jaap, Gurbani recitation and Keertan, I expressed that reciting gurbani even if at a fast speed is any day better than not reciting at all.

Walking the path of bhagtee human shortcomings do come in the way. Except for those blessed ones who have kamai from previous lives people do encounter times when they find it hard to stick to their daily routine with exact emotional and intellectual quality as would be ideally expected. And in that moment rather than skipping a day or two, an honest jigyasoo would rather opt for a 'fast' nitnem.

Perhaps now you would see how I was actually on the topic and only responding to your post.
June 21, 2013 07:52AM
[db.tt]
June 21, 2013 07:54AM
[db.tt]
[db.tt]
[db.tt]
[db.tt]
[db.tt]
June 21, 2013 08:39AM
after a long conversation very very thanx harsh paji......

vaheguruoo jee kaa khalsa
vaheguruoo jee kii fateh
June 21, 2013 08:41AM
Sukhmani sahib nanaksar maryada
[db.tt]
[db.tt]
June 21, 2013 08:51AM
paji but it was too too too fast..lol

i think i should stop finding nitnem of 30 min....lol
June 21, 2013 09:22AM
p21singh
i think i should stop finding nitnem of 30 min....lol

If you get the Nitnem Kanth it takes 30 min only and to get it Kanth it takes less than 3 months only. Probably, you should focus on these lines.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
June 21, 2013 09:41AM
Paji with guru mahraj apaar kirpa nitnem is khant to mee but i just want tht i would do nitnem with tht audio.....so thts why i was searching.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login