Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bhairaag

Posted by singhni 
bhairaag
May 30, 2013 08:59PM
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

What is bhairaag? And why does guru sahib make one experience it?
What is the purpose of it? And how long of a time is it possible for one to experience bhairaag? Can it go on for many years?
Are there different levels of bairaag that one experiences? Like sometimes bairaag can be more severe and then very distant bairaag?
Could that be possible? By distant bairaag.. like you know you have to find vaheguru but there is no way you can get there?
How do you renounce the world while staying in the world?

How can one learn to endure less sleep? The whole entire thing of sacrificing sleep is to increase pyaar for vaheguru.. That in turn increases bairaag? Are sleep and bairaag related?

Im confused a bit.

But bairaag ive heard from gurbaani is very painful? But not having bairaag is even more painful?

gurbaani calls this becoming dead while alive? Can somebody please elaborate on this concept

Im quite honestly just confused.. whenever I think about it.. I get confused

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: bhairaag
May 31, 2013 05:06PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Bhai Randhir Singh jio's first blessed reunion with Waheguru was at Gurdwara in Pakistan, where He sang keertan with deep love to Waheguru..
and in my personal attempt to still my bad overwhelmingly distracting mind is to do same, and listen to AKJ keertan, one good one I recently did is on YouTube, "hau vaar vaar jau.." and sing along with full bairaag..
if your neighbors not close to attract wrong attention ji..
then when we deserve, destined Waheguru will come meet us ji..my ardas as well..
bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
WaheguriJi Ki Fateh
May 31, 2013 05:08PM
Here is link Singhni ji..
[www.youtube.com]
May 31, 2013 05:47PM
Simply mind blowing kirtan ks jio. Jasbir Singh Ji was truly blessed.
May 31, 2013 06:57PM
Here is another excellent video, though not AKJ ji..
You have received a YouTube video! [www.youtube.com]
June 01, 2013 10:41AM
truly Waheguru indeed Unjaan jio, seems like Bhai Mohinder Singh Jio (who recently left for Sachkhand) is also there, extreme left?
June 02, 2013 02:18PM
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

Bhai Sahib Jasbir Singh jee's very kirtan itself is a great source to Tat-Gurmat Sidhant and answers to many question that we may have.
Myself too, I always had this question and I believe most of us, we do. I have waited years to find the correct answer and finally I found it in one of Bhai Jasbir Singh's videos. Very clear and very satisfying answer.

Now,before I share this answer with sangat, the only concern one may have that if it was right or appropriate answer or not? Definitely, we always should make sure if the source was trustworthy.

Bhai Sahib jis Avastha was ਜਾਗਤਿ ਜੋਤ ਜਪੈ ਨਿਸ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਏਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨ ਨੈਕ ਨ ਆਨੈ ll and when a gursikh reaches at such avastha, he will always provide you with Tat-Gurmat and of course with references of Gurbani. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee as well written on various occasions in his books that Jot Vigaasi Singhs will always guide you with Tat-Gurmat and that's because Jot -Vigassi singhs always see Dashmesh as Partakh and present to them.

What is bhairaag? And why does guru sahib make one experience it?What is the purpose of it?

ਸਾਨੂੰ ਕਈ ਵਾਰ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਕੀ ਹੈ ਦੇ ਬਾਰੇ ਦੱਸੋ; ਆਓ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਆਸਰਾ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਦਸ਼ਮੇਸ਼ ਜੀ ਕੋਲੋ ਪੁਛਦੇ ਹਾਂ:

ਮਨਿ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਭਇਆ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਖਣੈ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ll

ਹੁਣ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਉੱਤਰ ਸਾਡੇ ਕੋਲ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਆਸ਼ਾ ਸਿਰਫ ਇਕ ਉੱਤਰ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਅਲਗ ਅਲਗ ਉੱਤਰ ਕਦੇ ਨਹੀ ਮਿਲਦੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚl ਸੋ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਉਹ ਹੀ ਹੈ ਜਦੋ ਸਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਦੇ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਦੀ ਅੱਟੁਟ ਤਾਂਘ ਬਣ ਜੇl ਨਹੀ ਤਾਂ ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਜਾਂ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਕਦੇ ਰੋਵੇ ਜਾ ਅਖਾਂ ਗਿਲੀਆ ਹੋਣ ਤਾਂ ਸਮਝ ਲੇਣਾ ਕਿ ਸਾਡੇ ਸੰਸਾਰਿਕ ਵਲੇਵੇ ਜਾਂ ਮਨ ਦੀ ਮੈਲ (ਪਾਪ)ਹਨ ਜੋ ਰੋਣਾ ਬਣ ਗਏ ਨੇl ਇਕ ਤਰਾ ਦੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਹੰਕਾਰ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਵੀ ਸਾਡੇ ਲਈ ਰੁਕਾਵਟ ਬਣ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਇਹ ਰੋਣਾ,ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਭਰਮ ਹੋ ਜਾਣਾ ਕਿ ਮੈਨੂ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਆਇਆl ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਬਹੁਤ ਉੱਚੀ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਹੈl (Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh jee )

My two cents on Bairaag through what I have learned in Sangat experience:
ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬੋਲੇ ਤੀਜੀ ਲਾਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਉਪਜੈ ਮਨਿ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਜੀਉll

ਲਾਵਪਹਿਲੀ
ਬਾਣੀਬ੍ਰਹਮਾਵੇਦੁਧਰਮੁਦ੍ਰਿੜਹੁਪਾਪਤਜਾਇਆਬਲਿਰਾਮੁਜੀਉ ll
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਗੁਰੁਪੂਰਾਆਰਾਧਹੁਸਭਿਕਿਲਵਿਖਪਾਪਗਵਾਇਆ ll

All the previous sins are erased and Jeevatma gets purified.

ਲਾਵਦੂਜੀ
ਨਿਰਮਲਭਉਪਾਇਆਹਰਿਗੁਣਗਾਇਆਹਰਿਵੇਖੈਰਾਮੁਹਦੂਰੇ ll
ਹਰਿਆਤਮੁਰਾਮੁਪਸਾਰਿਆਸੁਆਮੀਸਰਬਰਹਿਆਭਰਪੂਰੇ ll
ਅੰਤਿਰਬਾਹਰਿਹਰਿਪ੍ਰਭੁਏਕੋਮਿਲਿਹਰਿਜਨਮੰਗਲਿ ਗਾਏ ll

True divine darshan of Satguru jeo and to see & feel him always around all over. A stage of enlightening Jot Vigaas.

ਲਾਵਤੀਜੀ
ਜਨੁਨਾਨਕੁਬੋਲੇਤੀਜੀਲਾਵੈਹਰਿਉਪਜੈਮਨਿਬੈਰਾਗੁਜੀਉ ll

This Bairaag avastha comes after Jot Vigaas,therefore it is very high spiritual realm.( Bairaag in context to Akal Purkh Darshan)

And how long of a time is it possible for one to experience bhairaag? Can it go on for many years? Are there different levels of bairaag that one experiences? Like sometimes bairaag can be more severe and then very distant bairaag?

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee has written that depending upon One's Naam Abhyaas Kamaaee his state of experiencing Jot Vigaas or Bairaag may vary.

Could that be possible? By distant bairaag.. like you know you have to find vaheguru but there is no way you can get there?How do you renounce the world while staying in the world?

You should start listening Katha or Gurmat speeches...Bhai Surjeet Singh Uk, Bhai Pinderpal Singh many other but definitely listen to Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh Khanne wale.

How can one learn to endure less sleep? The whole entire thing of sacrificing sleep is to increase pyaar for vaheguru.. That in turn increases
bairaag? Are sleep and bairaag related?

Please don't ever think that Gurbani is talking about our physical sleep. Yes, Guru jee always emphasis on amritwela but thats the Choutha Pehr of night. Don't try to decrease your sleep hours. try to increase your naam abhyaas hours that would be true effort.

Personally,I had fortune to meet with Jot Vigaasi singhs who denied to have less sleep than normal hours. If one is physically strong then he can chant on Naam even with more Vigor.
Sleep is always addressed to our state of mind. Our mind is sleeping in Maya. and
only Jot Vigaas or being enlighten is addressed to awake or the time One is doing Naam Abhyaas.

But bairaag ive heard from gurbaani is very painful? But not having bairaag is even more painful?

I believe,Gursikh always has presence of Charan Kamal as support while experience Bairaag in context to Akal Purkh Saroop,but not when someone experience Bairaag for Satguru Saroop.Only the Gurmukhs have actually experienced it can tell us about it.

gurbaani calls this becoming dead while alive? Can somebody please elaborate on this concept

You should start listening Katha or Gurmat speeches...Bhai Surjeet Singh Uk, Bhai Pinderpal Singh many other but definitely listen to Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh Khanne wale.

Bhul chuk dee Maafi jeee
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
June 02, 2013 03:44PM
One day a young mans parents apporach Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and said " My son has become a vairagi. He has no worldly desires. He does not want to get married nor does he want to work. Sri Guru Ji replied with the following shabad
ਰੇ ਮਨ ਐਸੋ ਕਰਿ ਸੰਨਿਆਸਾ .ਬਨ ਸੇ ਸਦਨ ਸਭੈ ਕਰਿ ਸਮਝਹੁ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਮਾਹਿ ਉਦਾਸਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥-

Meaning a Gumukh Vairagi is one who remains detached of the world while living in the world in accordance to Gurmat. Renouncing worldly responsibilities, starving one self , depriving oneself of sleep are not in accordance to Gurmat. . Vairaag is do die to the world and the ways of the world, only to live for Gurmat.
June 02, 2013 04:14PM
Thank you so much for the answers that really cleared some things up for me..
June 02, 2013 04:32PM
Sukhdeep singh veerji,

What should a gursikh do if they fall asleep due to a keertan program or rainsabayee interms of amritvela...?
Should they sleep and then do ishnaan, naam abhiyaas, and path like late? Or should they do ishnaan and do abhiyaas and path at like 12 or 1am and then sleep?
Which one is better?
June 02, 2013 06:23PM

Sukhdeep singh veerji,

What should a gursikh do if they fall asleep due to a keertan program or rainsabayee interms of amritvela...?
Should they sleep and then do ishnaan, naam abhiyaas, and path like late? Or should they do ishnaan and do abhiyaas and path at like 12 or 1am and then sleep?
Which one is better?

Bhenji , sorry butI dont know which method is better. Many people including myself have this same question.Numerous Gursikhs have different approaches in adapting their rehat during Rainsubaees. Some Gursikhs are blessed to have enough energy to go home do ishnaan , nitnem, some more naam abhyiaas and then fall asleep while others go home and do nitnem and naam simran untill they fall asleep.

Personally I feel akward doing panj bania after sunrise, but at the same time I find it difficult to stay alert and do nitnem after Rainsubaees or late night programs. I dont think there is any right answer to this question on nitnem during rainsubaees. Take Kirtan sohila for example. Sri Guru Ji gives us Hukum to recite kirtan sohila at night before going to sleep. So which part of the Hukum is more important reciting Kirtan Sohila at night or before going to sleep which is usually sunrise during long rainsubaees? Sri Guru Ji has told us what to do in each pehar of the day, but during Rainsubaees and late night kirtan programs this schedule gets a little shifted.

I think Sri Guru Ji understands that adjustments must be done. Sri Guru Amar Das Ji says when the body is tired we should rest and when the stomach is hungary we should eat . I think we have to find a good balance of taking care of the body and at the same time taking care of our Rehat. What matters is our intentions and efforts.
June 02, 2013 09:17PM
Thank you!
June 03, 2013 09:10AM
Just a couple words on the point of Bairaag being painful. Its NOT the pain which is endured by us in our normal lives and it should not be compared with it either. The spiritual bairaag is the pain of separation from Waheguru. This is both love and pain at the same time. The person experiencing it pines for Waheguru at every moment till the day he/she gets spiritually ikk-mikk with Waheguru.
But this emotional/spiritual state should not be thought of as something which needs to be feared or dreaded. Not at All. When One is in love even a Sansaric love one enjoys every moment and never wants it any other way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login