ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rehit Maryada questions

Posted by sikhnbfound 
Rehit Maryada questions
May 29, 2013 06:52PM
My first post in many many years on any forum. I've been a follower of this path for a long time. Started by blindly following now come to the conclusion I want to try to find my answers.

I'm hoping Bhai Kulbir Singh might be able to help me out. I actually remember him from tapoban.org and although I didn't agree with everything i respected the knowledge and work put in to attain such knowledge. I want to do the same. For the record I do not follow any particular jatha. Took amrit 8 years ago from local panj who followed taksali maryada. Was taught never to question but to follow. I went another path because i felt to much judgement with the "hardcore" approach. I started hanging out with more 3ho. Anyways long story short I've decided that rehit should be as strict as possible for oneself but without judgement of others. But it should also come with a want from the inside or a khich. I've realized that rehit is the most important but what is rehit? where did it come from? Which one should we follow. I don't want any biased arguments of how wonderful only a certain jathas rehit is but more of an thoughtful fact based post on how certain jathas came to their rehit. Especially historical evidence from historic pieces of the panth.

Anyways I have found the english translations to original rehitnamay on allaboutsikhs.com. Very interesting. Seems like some of the stuff ie bhai chaupa singhs rehitnama saying women are the embodiment of deciet seems to stem from cultural biases. Like if a sikh does the seva of brahmin sikh he gets double the phal. Anyways I have a bit of an understanding of what our basic historical rehits say and kind of got some info on how the SGPC came about with the current rehit in the 1940's because of this [www.sikhnet.com] would like more info actually if anyone could help.

I want to know though how did different jathabandis come up with their present rehit. So Taksal, AKJ being the mains ones nanaksar. I don't even think 3ho has a rehit of its own to follow they mix and match so much from hinduism and their interpertations. Not saying anything negative just my own experience.

So this is more of a plea to some learned Gursikhs. Is it possible for me to get info on taksali rehit history and akj Nihang and others. How they came about it what sources were used. Once again I'm akj but my grandfather was and met bhai randhir singh a few times so i have immense respect for akj and other jathas. I just don't see the point in claiming ones own jatha is the superior one. I'm really trying to find my faith again but i want to set it on a solid foundation. So Kulbir bhaji or any other learned gursikhs help a brother out please. Post here or pm me some links research material anything. I'm willing to read but just can't find anything on google search for history of taksaal or rehit. Only history is done by the taksali mahapurakhs I want an independant source. Also is there any topic here discussing the conterversy of taksal possibly not being puratan. I don't want to stir anything up i just want to read about it. I have immense respect for taksal as sant jarnail singh ji is personal hero of mine. But again i want to learn for myself and stay away from the argument of so and so mahapurakh said it so thats law. Thanks again I eagerly await the replies as this is my last resort before i start asking elder taksalis in my area. However I don't know how they would perceive such questions. Thanks again God bless you all. Bhul chuk maaf.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Since you want to come to some conclusion based on your own independent study, you should first start off with reading literature that lists Rehit. You can begin with reading the book published by Pyara Singh Padam - Rehitname. This book contains all the main Rehitnamas. You can read books of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, particularly Gurmat Bibek. Bhai Sahib followed Guru Sahib's Rehit and did Naam Simran and Gurbani Paath/Kirtan. This resulted in him having Darshan of Vaheguru. He must have been doing things correctly, which is why he got Darshan of Vaheguru jee.

There is not much difference in Rehit between different Jathas. Both Taksal and Jatha promote Keski but Jatha considers it to be a Kakaar. Both of these Jathas promote Bibek Rehit i.e. eating from devotees only. Same way all old Jathas including Taksal and Nihungs promote eating in Sarbloh. All Jathas promote doing 5 Baanis in the morning and two in the evening. All Jathas promote giving out Daswandh and keeping Amritvela.

If you can follow the above Rehits strictly, I believe you are playing safe. The stress should be put on doing Naam Abhyaas and Gurbani Paath. Rehit is limited to few things but there is no limit to how much Naam Abhyaas and Gurbani Paath you can do. My advice is to focus on this aspect of Sikhi while keeping the basic Rehit suggested above. Outer Rehit has to be followed; it's mandatory but over-emphasis on this aspect of Gurmat is not good. Follow Rehit but keep Naam and Gurbani in the forefront.

Kulbir Singh
Bhaji thank you so much for your reply. I couldn't think of a better person to ask. I still have a few questions if you don't mind. With Bibek? why is it important? is it a spiritual benefit if so how? I can say it for health as well but in terms of not eating from devotees. What if someone makes you food with pyaar like your mom who is not amritdhari. Just a basic question. Ok for the rehit I will def read the book rehitnamay? Can I get it online? What is it about exactly? How people came to the different rehits? or is it just about different rehits? My main question is now that i finally understand how the sgpc came to the their rehit.

They went through all the puratan rehits and some puratan granths and picked out the most uniform philosophies that were backed up with gurbani, My question is how did the akj come about with their final rehit (I will read bhai sahibs book gurmat bibek) I just started reading bhai sahibs autobiography. I also want to know how the taksal and nihungs came to their rehit. what was the criteria used? thats my main question for curiosity purposes. How did they come to their final conclusion and what was the criteria used. Also when Dasmesh pita say rehit pyari mujko sikh pyara nahi. what rehit is maharaj talking about? Because the puratan rehits were written after. Is maharaj talking about rehit as a discipline like a sikh with discipline is beloved or a particular rehit?

Once again I hope my questions aren't offensive. I'm trying to find my own way now with some solid foundations. I don'\t want to just follow blindly. I think there is so much detriment to that. Thank you again. Look fwd to reading your reply.
Re: Rehit Maryada questions
May 29, 2013 10:58PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Veer Bhai Kulbir Singh Jio,
What if one has no income, is dasvandh still required ji?
Also, what if there is no guarantee Karah Parsad at local Gurdwara is prepared by Amritdhari, and we consume nevertheless, is this alright? Same is concern for langar, which arouses even gyani at Pittsburgh Gurdwara to say I am overdoing it to insist consuming only from Amritdhari who follow rehit.? He allows cut hair Sikhs to serve karah parsad, and this happens almost at all Gurdwaras.
At one Gurdwara in Singapore, for influential, and wealthy, Amritdhari sewadar of flexible rehit, seems unwilling to serve karah parsad to me versus wealthy Sindhi...and this attitude is common with sewadars at this Gurdwara? Makes one feel disheartened that own amritdhari kaum is so superficial is maintaining Guru Maharaj unconditional love regardless of status?
Consolation is food prepared and served by rehit Gurmukh (easily distinguished by humble, quite persona) contributes greatly to maintaining progress in discipline towards receiving Waheguru's blessed darshan..
bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
May 30, 2013 12:48AM
The Taksal today has many differences in its Maryada, Santhia and Rehat. It will be hard to come across two Taksali Santhia teachers that completely agree on how to pronounce Gurbani. If the Taksal today is completely right and have preserved rehat, maryada and santhia from the time of Guru Gobind Singh then where did these differences come from?

Gurbani Santhia
Some of the differences include the pronunciation of the word ਤ੍ਵ in ਤ੍ਵ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਸ੍ਵੈਯੇ ॥ Some Taksali teachers teach their students to read it as tua and some as tvai. Which is the correct version? Which is the version taught by Guru Gobind Singh at Damdama Sahib? Those that teach each version tell their students that their version is correct and the other is wrong. Another difference is the usage of nasal sounds. Some Taksali Singh will never add any nasal sounds to Gurbani, while some will add them quite frequently. For the line: ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸੁ ਇਹੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਮਾਗੈ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਕਰਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਧੂਰੇ some will pronounce ਮਾਗੈ as ਮਾਂਗੈ and other will pronounce it as it is written. Some Taksali Singhs even add bindia when they read Gurbani. Sant Gurbachan Singh himself can be heard adding bindia in Pangtia such as ਸਜਣੁ ਸਚਾ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ ਸਿਰਿ ਸਾਹਾਂ ਦੈ ਸਾਹੁ ॥ and reading it as ਸਜਣੁ ਸਚਾ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੁ ਸਿਰਿ ਸ਼ਾਹਾਂ ਦੈ ਸ਼ਾਹੁ ॥ Which Ustaad is correct? Who do we follow? What did Guru Gobind Singh teach at Damdama Sahib? The point here is for the Taksal to claim to have fully and completely preserved the correct pronunciation of Gurbani from the time of Guru Gobind Singh makes no sense as they themselves cannot agree on many differences in pronunciation of certain words.

Listening to the audio recordings of Nitnem done by Sant Kartar Singh there are many clear differences from recording of Sant Gurbachan Singh and Sant Jarnail Singh. All three were Jathedars of the Taksal. If the Jathedars pronounced Gurbani differently from each other what hope do the students have? Again which Jathedar was correct? Who do we follow?

The point again is to illustrate that the claim to have completely and correctly preserved Santhia from Guru Gobind Singh jee is absurd. Over the years these differences have crept in and so have other major differences in Rehat and Maryada. Which leads me to my next point.

Rehat and Maryada
Sant Gurbachan Singh in his book Gurbani Paat Darshan has layed out the Maryada he says Guru Gobind Singh gave to the Khalsa. He says it is 100% the Same Maryada from Guru Gobind Singh Jees time. Lets accept this for a second. That the Maryada he has outlined in his book is the true Khalsa Maryada. The Taksal today does not follow half of what is written in that book. One point he makes is that whenever Degh is made it should be made in a Sarbloh Karahee and everything used to make the Degh should be made from Sarbloh. The Baltee, Garva, Bate, Karahee and Kirpan used to do Bhog should all be Sarbloh. Yet this Maryada is hardly followed by modern day Taksali Singhs.

Sant Kartar Singh while writing about the life of Sant Gurbachan Singh writes:

ਜੇਕਰ ਮੋਨੇ ਜਾਂ ਸਿਗਰਟ ਪੀਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੇ ਹਥੋਂ ਲੰਗਰ ਦੀ ਕੋਈ ਮਠਿਆਈ ਆਦਿਕ ਬਣਦੀ ਤਾਂ ਨਾ ਆਪ ਛਕਦੇ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਜਥੇ ਨੂੰ ਛਕਣ ਦਿੰਦੇ। ਆਪ ਜੀ ਸੁਚਮ ਪਵਿੱਤਰਤਾ ਬਹੁਤ ਰਖਦੇ ਨਾ । ਕਦੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਜੂਠਾ ਖਾਂਦੇ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਖੁਵਾਉਂਦੇ। ਚਾਹ, ਅਫੀਮ ਆਦਿਕ ਨਸ਼ੀਲੀ ਚੀਜ਼ ਦੇ ਵਰਤੋਂ ਦੇ ਸਖਤ ਵਿਰੋਧੀ ਸਨ

Meaning Sant Gurbachan Singh would never eat langar that was made by non-amritdharis and kept a lot of Sucham and cleanliness when eating food. He was strictly against using any drugs such as Cha, opium etc. How many Taksali Singhs today refuse to eat Langar made by non-amritdharis? How many Taksali Singhs today drink Cha?

These changes in Maryada are over the past 50 years or so. Proving the fact that the Taksal isn’t the same as it was 50 years ago, and yet we’re led to believe that its still the EXACT same from the times of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, over 300 years ago.

The fact is that in the Panth a lot of Rehat has been lost and the rehat that has been kept has been watered down. This is true for all Jatha’s, including the Akhand Keertani Jatha. The AKJ is not above these dhills. The Taksal follows a lot of great Rehat and has produced a lot of Kamaee Vale Gursikhs, however the notion that EVERYTHING they do is correct is wrong. There is a lot of Rehat that they do not follow that they simply don’t “believe” in and lots of rehat that they used to follow that they longer follow. So if the Taksal from 50 years ago has lost so much of its rehat, its quite clear the Taksal from the 300 years ago would be very different from today’s Taksal. What we need to do is do Khoj and find out for ourselves what Rehats have been lost and what Rehats are against Gurmat and which Rehats are within Gurmat. Like you have stated above about getting double the phal for doing seva of a Brahmin Sikh, this is against Gurmat. Gurbani is our litmus paper, everything must pass the test of Gurbani.

I have seen that the Jatha promotes a lot of Rehat that other Jathai do not promote. I was talking to a Taksali Singh and he asked me what Rehat does the AKJ keep, and I mentioned Keski, Amritvela, Sarbloh Bibek and Larreevar Parkash and he said wow thats everything we (as in Taksalis) should believe in too, theres nothing in there that we don’t believe in, we have just become Dhillai and stopped following these. The sad fact is that a lot of the Jatha has stopped following these rehats as well. Its not your association with a certain Jatha that will get you to Vaahiguroo, its the amount of Rehat and Naam Abhiaas you do that will. I’m sure a Taksali Singh or a Nihang Singh that attempts at keeping all Rehats (Sarbloh Bibek, Amritvela, Panj Kakkars, staying away from 4 Bujjer Kurehats,etc.) will also get the same phal as a Singh from the AKJ or any other Jatha.

End of the day no jatha or Gursikh is perfect.ਭੁਲਣ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਅਭੁਲੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਰਤਾਰੁ ॥ Only Guru Sahib and Akaal Purakh are perfect, everyone other than Guru Sahib and Akaal Purakh can make mistakes and be wrong. ਜਿਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜਨ ਸੁਘੜ ਸਿਆਣੇ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥ਜੇ ਬਾਹਰਹੁ ਭੁਲਿ ਚੁਕਿ ਬੋਲਦੇ ਭੀ ਖਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਭਾਣੇ ॥Those whose hearts are filled with the love of the Lord, Har, Har, are the wisest and most clever people, O Lord King.Even if they misspeak outwardly, they are still very pleasing to the Lord

We should try to keep all Rehat of Guru Sahib but we should not have any animosity towards those that differ from us, especially other Gursikhs.
May 30, 2013 01:33AM
I would to humbly disagree with outer rehit of bana, as it does affect discipline in my personal experience..also Bhai Randhir Singh ji would not have insisted on Sikh bana for Himself, and His contemporaries in prison..more recently, in post of Bhai Mohinder Singh ji, He told police to wait while He got in full bana, and what a difference it made to escape arrest, and defeat dusht corrupt police ji!?
bhul chuk muaf
Sat Sri Akal
ks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What if one has no income, is dasvandh still
> required ji?

Dasvandh not only mean one tenth of your earning dedicated to guru but also your one tenth of time dedicated to guru each and every day which means you have to give atleast 2:40 hours a day to your guru... If you don't earn you still have to give your dasvand in the form of time to guru...

Bhul chuk muaf...

Dasvandh not only mean one tenth of your earning dedicated to guru but also your one tenth of time dedicated to guru each and every day which means you have to give atleast 2:40 hours a day to your guru... If you don't earn you still have to give your dasvand in the form of time to guru...

Daswandh for time is a misconception to which I too used to subscribe in the past. In Gurbani, Guru Sahib has given us instructions to devote all of our time to Naam Abhyaas and Gurbani Paath, not just 1/10th of the total time. It's not possible to do so for a beginner and only Gurmukhs of high spiritual state can do so, but we ought to try our best.

Recently, this new concept of Daswandh of time has crept in. Most of the serious Gursikhs of Guru Sahib spend more than 2.5 hours of their day in Naam and Gurbani but this does not satiate or satisfy them. The standards are much higher. We have to try to spend all the time in Naam Abhyaas. Naam Abhyaas can be done even when doing worldly tasks. Many Gursikhs get relaxed after doing 2.5 hours, thinking they have fulfilled the requirement but 2.5 hours of Naam Abhyaas and Simran is not an acceptable level of Bhagti in Gurmat.

Kulbir Singh

Daswandh for time is a misconception to which I too used to subscribe in the past. In Gurbani, Guru Sahib has given us instructions to devote all of our time to Naam Abhyaas and Gurbani Paath, not just 1/10th of the total time. It's not possible to do so for a beginner and only Gurmukhs of high spiritual state can do so, but we ought to try our best.

Recently, this new concept of Daswandh of time has crept in. Most of the serious Gursikhs of Guru Sahib spend more than 2.5 hours of their day in Naam and Gurbani but this does not satiate or satisfy them. The standards are much higher. We have to try to spend all the time in Naam Abhyaas. Naam Abhyaas can be done even when doing worldly tasks. Many Gursikhs get relaxed after doing 2.5 hours, thinking they have fulfilled the requirement but 2.5 hours of Naam Abhyaas and Simran is not an acceptable level of Bhagti in Gurmat.

Kulbir Singh

Bhai Kulbir SIngh jI,

You are right a Gursikh should spend night and day japping naam and they should never be content with giving only ten percent of their time towards Bhagti.

Naam and Gurbani are one and the same thing but when one is working and doing other chores its very difficult for one to remain focused on reciting pangtis. For this reason Sri Guru Ji has given us the rehat of at least giving 10 percent of our time to reciting/singing/ doing veechar of Gurbani. I dont think this is a new age maryada. Both Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji and Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji have mentioned this is in their books. Bhai Sahib mentions how kirtanis should give dasvand to singing/reciting Gurbani. If every kirtani kept this rehat there would be no need to have pothis during Rainsubaees as the kirtani would have the shabad memorized. This is a really good rehat and very benenficial to keep ones naam abhyiaas going. Even in Sri Sukhmani Sahib, SRi Guru ji says how we have been given 24 hours each day and only the ungrateful cant afford to give 10 percent of that time to devotion. Once again dasvand just like dasvand in money is the bare minimum this doesnt mean we can offer and should offer more.
Sukhdeep Singh jeeo, please quote some text from Rehitnamas or Bhai Sahib's books that say that Daswandh of time should be taken out. It can be a suggestion that the Kirtanis should do at least 2 hours Kirtan Abhyaas everyday but it's not a requirement as Daswandh for money is.

Including the Amritvela and just basic 5 Baanis is more than 2.5 hours and if you add Siri Sukhmani Sahib, Siri Asa kee Vaar, Siri Ramkali kee Vaar, the Baanis that all serious seekers of Vaheguru jee do, the minimum time spent towards Gurbani and Naam Abhyaas is much more than the so called Daswandh of time but still this is not enough. A Gursikh has to strive to say Naam every moment. Even before sleeping an effort should be made to do Naam Abhyaas, so that Abhyaas goes on even when you are asleep. While working too, one should attempt to do Abhyaas.

When people talk about doing Daswandh of time, they get relaxed during the remaining 21.5 hours, thinking that they have fulfilled their duty. There are yet other Premis who do Siri Sukhmani Sahib and then preach that their 24000 Swaas (breaths) have been taken care of i.e. Naam Simran for 24 hours has been taken care of. This too is their "Mithiya-Khyaali".

Whether we are able to fulfill or not, we ought to attempt to do Abhyaas or Gurbani Paath 24 hours a day. Rest is up to Guru Sahib, whether to bless us with Ajappa-Jaap or not because without Ajappa Jaap, one cannot fulfill the Hukam of doing Naam Abhyaas all the time.

Kulbir Singh
May 30, 2013 02:32PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Gurmukh pyareo,
For the answers to dasvandh, and would appreciate some information on Ajappa-Jaap, please?
What about leaving Gurdwara Sahib ji, without consuming Karah Parsad, or Langar as there is no guarantee of Rehit Gurmukh preparing, even when I am advised it has been blessed ji?
bhul chuk muaf especially to Seeknbfound for introducing my questions ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
no worries ks your questions are very valid and this discussion is very thought provoking.

I'm afraid my second set of questions have been glossed over though about how different jathas came to their respective rehits. What criteria was used. However I do like the answers provided as they make sense. Perhaps reading the above material so kindly provided by Veer Kulbir Singh will shed some light on it. I think its time for me to stop floating around and start following the minimum marayada to the fullest extent. ie more naam abiyaas stricter amrtivela and now i'm looking into bibek although i'm so far away from that. i even eat out. I may just start by stopping eating out and see how that works. The discussion is very good. I'm enjoying it.

Bhai sahib has some valid points. i have heard of the daswand of time but only in the past few years actually. It seems to be a concept someone introduced and ppl just ran with. I never thought of it like Kulbir singh mentioned that if we think of daswand of time we will get lazy rest of the day. this is a very interesting philosophical point and makes sense. You are letting your subconscious rest after the daswand time is over. Great discussion i'm learning valuable gems every day from this post.
May 30, 2013 05:45PM
sikhnbfound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no worries ks your questions are very valid and
> this discussion is very thought provoking.
>
> I'm afraid my second set of questions have been
> glossed over though about how different jathas
> came to their respective rehits. What criteria was
> used. However I do like the answers provided as
> they make sense. Perhaps reading the above
> material so kindly provided by Veer Kulbir Singh
> will shed some light on it. I think its time for
> me to stop floating around and start following the
> minimum marayada to the fullest extent. ie more
> naam abiyaas stricter amrtivela and now i'm
> looking into bibek although i'm so far away from
> that. i even eat out. I may just start by stopping
> eating out and see how that works. The discussion
> is very good. I'm enjoying it.
>
> Bhai sahib has some valid points. i have heard of
> the daswand of time but only in the past few years
> actually. It seems to be a concept someone
> introduced and ppl just ran with. I never thought
> of it like Kulbir singh mentioned that if we think
> of daswand of time we will get lazy rest of the
> day. this is a very interesting philosophical
> point and makes sense. You are letting your
> subconscious rest after the daswand time is over.
> Great discussion i'm learning valuable gems every
> day from this post.

This is so strange - if a Gursikh does his 10% daily of time naam abhyiaas and Bani every AM with true love, focus , concentration - it's impossible for that Gursikh to have the rest of the day without Naam coming back and virbating and Gurbani pangtees coming back during the day.

Issue i feel where Bhai Kulbir Singh jee says that we come lax and lazy - that is a different issue- that is to with self policing - if one doesn't police oneself as per hukhams of Gurbani - for speaking less, laughing less, crying less, sleeping less,eating less,debating less, looking less - don't forget the our kaam vashana is influenced 80% by the eyes and then there is army of the senses. It's not just about the 2.5 hours formula - it's about 24*7 - however that is not possible no way possible without self policing.

As far as rehit is concerned - the source mentioned are enough for you to determine how the rehits' came about - original sources are hukhams of Guru sahiban. Where it all goes wrong is where our egos come in and determine this and that is the correct way that is the failure of it all. However there are Gursikhs on all jathas who have love for Gursikhe and set about as goal to progress and learn further like yourself and to have consistent open mind to it all.

Sukhdeep Singh jeeo, please quote some text from Rehitnamas or Bhai Sahib's books that say that Daswandh of time should be taken out. It can be a suggestion that the Kirtanis should do at least 2 hours Kirtan Abhyaas everyday but it's not a requirement as Daswandh for money is.

Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee,

Refer to pg 113 Gurmat Lekht. Bhai Sahib mentions in this dark age the unstable mind becomes stable through the touchstone of Gurbani, but unfortunately some do not take full advantage of Gurbani and do not offer at least 10 percent of their time towards reciting and/or singing Gurbani. If I can remember correctly he also mentions something about giving dasvand of our time for Bhagti as well in his book Gurmat Bibek. Also there are rehatnama and sakhis which also mention one should dedicate at least a pehar ( which is a little over 10 percent) of our time.

This is so strange - if a Gursikh does his 10% daily of time naam abhyiaas and Bani every AM with true love, focus , concentration - it's impossible for that Gursikh to have the rest of the day without Naam coming back and virbating and Gurbani pangtees coming back during the day.

Spot on Narinder Singh Jee!

This is exactly what Bhai Randhir Singh Ji has stated ( Gurmat Naam Abhyiaas Kamaee) . If we do Naam abhyiaas with full awareness during the Amrit Vela Pehar then we will automatically do Naam Abhyiaas throughout the day.I dont think the logic that we dont need a set time and we can just jaap naam throughout the day cant really work.
sikhnbfound Jee,

The website www.akjfaq.com provides some answers as to the rehit the Jatha follows.
May 31, 2013 12:26AM
Bhul chuk muaf Gurmukh Pyareo,
I missed out Dhan Dhan for the answers ji..and the website by Japnaam Singh answered my concern about consuming food at Gurdwara when prepared/ served by non-amritdharis
could someone explain Ajappa-Jaap ji...is it silent Naam within ji?
tapoban.org has proof for Sarbloh/ amritdhari rehit ji Sikhnbfound
bhul chuk muaf, and Dhan Waheguru, Dhan Gurmukh pyareo...
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Ps.sikhnbfound ji I have found from personal experience, strict discipline on eating only from rehit following Amritdhari, wearing colors of Khalsa, Sarbloh makes the struggles of kanio tiki easier, so does our personal issues in life, mood..Naam svaas svaas as we are tyar bar that within and without...I STRUGGLE EACH TIME I RELAX ANY REHIT JI
Bhai Kulbir singh ji - i think your point about dasvand of time is quite valid and sensible... I think you are right people become lazy after spending their dasvand of time to guru...

But as you mentioned it is very difficult for a beginner to give its dasvand of time... But if we think in this way as a beginner is not keeping amritvela but he/she is aware of the concept of dasvand of time.. Without amritvela it is very difficult to give 2.5 hours to guru everyday due to daily works... So it will motivate them to wake up at amritvela and give their time to guru...

As a gursikh should always devote all of his/her time to naam abhyass... For that a beginner should have practise of doing naam abhyaas in free time... And dasvand of time can motivate him to do that...

And about lazy thing some people think that doing only sukhmani sahib path a day is enough to make their day count... I don't think laziness completely depends on dasvand of time only... It is upto each and every individual...

Maybe dasvand of time can be a misconception but i think if its helping a individual to give his/her more time to guru then i think following it is not a bad thing...

I remember first time i came across this concept was when a friend of mine (who was from nanaksar) told me about this... He said that baba nand singh quite often use to tell sangat to give their dasvand of time to guru... I think baba ji was the one who came with this concept (personal oppinion)...

Rest satguru ji knows better...

Bhul chuk muaf...

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login