ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

world's 4th most racist country - India

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
Britain is one of the most racially tolerant countries on the planet, a survey claims. The global social attitudes study claims that the most racially intolerant populations are all in the developing world, with Bangladesh, Jordan and India in the top five. By contrast, the study of 80 countries over three decades found Western countries were most accepting of other cultures with Britain, the U.S., Canada and Australia more tolerant than anywhere else.

The data came from the World Value Survey, which measured the social attitudes of people in different countries, as reported by the Washington Post. The survey asked individuals what types of people they would refuse to live next to, and counted how many chose the option 'people of a different race' as a percentage for each country.

Researchers have suggested that societies where more people do not want neighbours from other races can be considered less racially tolerant. The country with the highest proportion of 'intolerant' people who wanted neighbours similar to them was Hong Kong, where 71.8 per cent of the population would refuse to live next to someone of a different race. Next were Bangladesh on 71.7 per cent, Jordan on 51.4 per cent and India with 43.5 per cent. Racist views are strikingly rare in the U.S., according to the survey, which claims that only 3.8 per cent of residents are reluctant to have a neighbour of another race.

Other English-speaking countries once part of the British Empire shared the same tolerant attitude - fewer than five per cent of Britons, Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders showed signs of racism. People in the UK are also tolerant of other differences such as speaking a foreign language or practising an alternative religion - for example, fewer than two per cent of Britons would object to having neighbours of a different faith to them.

Similarly, fewer than one in 20 people in most South American countries admitted harbouring prejudice against other races. The Middle East, which is currently dealing with large numbers of low-skilled immigrants from south Asia, seems to be a hotbed of racial tension, however.

Europe is remarkably split - the west of the continent is generally more tolerant than the east, but France is a striking outlier with 22.7 per cent of the French rejecting neighbourhood diversity. Some have pointed out problems in the survey data, claiming that because the polls span a long period of time they are an unreliable guide to current attitudes.

However, a more serious flaw could be the fact that in most Western countries racism is so taboo than many people will hide their intolerant views and lie to the questioners. Max Fisher of the Washington Post suggested that maybe 'Americans are conditioned by their education and media to keep these sorts of racial preferences private, i.e. to lie about them on surveys, in a way that Indians might not be'.

THE LEAST RACIALLY TOLERANT COUNTRIES

40% + (of individuals surveyed would not want a person of another race as a neighbour)
India, Jordan, Bangladesh, Hong Kong

30 - 39.9%
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Vietnam, Indonesia, South Korea

20 - 39.9%
France, Turkey, Bulgaria, Algeria, Morocco, Mali, Zambia, Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines

THE MOST TOLERANT COUNTRIES

0 to 4.9%
United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Guatemala, Britain, Sweden, Norway, Latvia, Australia, New Zealand

5 - 9.9%
Chile, Peru, Mexico, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Belarus, Croatia, Japan, Pakistan, South Africa

10 - 14.9%
Finland, Poland, Ukraine, Italy, Greece, Czech Republic, Slovakia

15 - 19.9%
Venezuela, Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Macedonia, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Russia, China

Source: World Values Survey

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Although this reports looks ok about India and other similar countries, I would strongly disagree with the opinion of UK/US being tolerant countries.

There is a lot of hidden racism in western countries. When surveyed a person living in western countries is more likely to say 'I am not racist' to look nice but inside you can expect more intolerance. People in India etc are more open about expressing there hatred towards other race/religion where as they try to be politically correct in western societies.

When surveyed a person living in western countries is more likely to say 'I am not racist' to look nice but inside you can expect more intolerance. People in India etc are more open about expressing there hatred towards other race/religion where as they try to be politically correct in western societies.
Very valid point veerji.
akaal74 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> There is a lot of hidden racism in western
> countries. When surveyed a person living in
> western countries is more likely to say 'I am not
> racist' to look nice but inside you can expect
> more intolerance. People in India etc are more
> open about expressing there hatred towards other
> race/religion where as they try to be politically
> correct in western societies.

sure but expressing hatered towards others is the worst oen can ever do. Poltically correct in western societies is an advanced society - freedom of speech and religion - and do't forget the human rights laws of the western soceity are the most advanced in the world and good luck to them i say. The rotten indian butchers will never be advanced as they are vile in their mentality.
I have not said that the Indian mentality is better. All I am saying is that western is not good either. Its just a bharam. One is giving you poison directly and other one is saying that there is no poison but inside there is poison..

I have lived in both these cultures and have found that western society is very biased as well.
akaal74 Wrote:
> I have not said that the Indian mentality is
> better. All I am saying is that western is not
> good either. Its just a bharam. One is giving you
> poison directly and other one is saying that there
> is no poison but inside there is poison..
>
> I have lived in both these cultures and have found
> that western society is very biased as well.

Totally disagree - please learn about the word "SUPERPOWER" - you don't become one on being posionous. I also live in two cultures too sir - and I reckon you need to do your homework. Don't get me wrong - I 'm not saying western powers are pure and beautiful - however the basics they have are far from our own punjabi or indian society.
sorry forgot to include this:

[ibnlive.in.com]

you could never do that from India unles Khalsa ruled there
This is a very biased article and you can see there is an agenda by this British publisher. Notice how most of the countries are European and American. I think the article gives the reader the two impressions that Western socities are much more tolerant then Eastern societies. Also, France who is a rival of England is the only developing country which lacks in tolerance. What better way to embarrass a country then to say Pakistan is more tolerant then you. Pakistan is really not that tolerant as many religious miniorities will claim.

I now for a fact that the article is very biased. Germany, South America, and Belgium are not tolerant at all they are very racist. Also, Singapore an Asian country is one of the most diverse and tolerant countries in the world and they did not make the list. Singapore even has a law that states if you slander another mans religion you will be fined.
Who isnt racist!? come on those who say they dont make small biases based on race are lying. Indian people are cheap, black people love chicken, and Asians cant drive, there i said it.
I can never forget once Sant Maskeen Singh Jee mentioned that

The UK - british have an old man's mentality - their soch or thinking is way way ahead - and they prepare far in advance.

The US - is jawan soch - bomb the smitherns out of vietnam jungle for 15 years and achieved nothing -

The south asian including - are a infant soch - million people could die and the brahmin soch would not even blink.

these words are true to this day racist or not
SPOT ON NS44 Jeeo!
Who can forget the wonderful British Imperialist? They went across the whole globe dividing communities and causing havoc. Much of the ethnic/race conflicts of today such as Isreal-Palenstine, Iraq-Kurdistan, India and Pakistan are a result of the British nosing around. Yeah British " ahead of their time"!

Before the British invaded India , India was one of the most peaceful and diverse countries under the leadership of Raja Ranjit SIngh . He even had Muslim and Hindus in high governing positions. Hindus , Muslims , and SIkhs had mutual respect and love for one another before these greedy barbarians came.
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
> SPOT ON NS44 Jeeo!
> Who can forget the wonderful British Imperialist?
> They went across the whole globe dividing
> communities and causing havoc. Much of the
> ethnic/race conflicts of today such as
> Isreal-Palenstine, Iraq-Kurdistan, India and
> Pakistan are a result of the British nosing
> around. Yeah British " ahead of their time"!
>
> Before the British invaded India , India was one
> of the most peaceful and diverse countries under
> the leadership of Raja Ranjit SIngh . He even had
> Muslim and Hindus in high governing positions.
> Hindus , Muslims , and SIkhs had mutual respect
> and love for one another before these greedy
> barbarians came.

SPOT on too Sukhdeep Singh jeeo - so if the hindus , muslims, sikhs were so cool how comes they lost their cool for the same greediness??
At least the brits have changed with the times and bought about human rights laws which no other country could have ever done. India's butchers just became even worse butchers than ever licking the brits and killing their own, and walking over their dead bodies.

I don't love the western world - but for it does for joe average is beyond anything india would ever do until Khalsa rules over delhi that is
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login