ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Obeisance to a non-Sikh places of worship

Posted by gurvitohkurbaan 
Vahiguroo ji Ka Khalsa Vahiguroo ji Ki Fateh

Dass was reading a book by a renowned keertaniya from Nanaksar thaath. They have mentioned in it that "Whenever I pass from a non-Sikh place of worship, I bow towards as I believe that Vaheguroo exists there too." This statement was difficult for me to digest. Then few days later, to my utter shock, one of my cousins, who is a keskidhari Singhni bowed towards a mandir while we were on the way to the market. It was something very bizzare, and she replied the same thing as preached in the book. This incident prompted me to write on this forum, so as to get Budh on it.

Vahiguroo ji Ka Khalsa Vahiguroo ji Ki Fatehhh

Dass
Harleen Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
A Sikh who bows at other places or worship is a Tankhaiya and very ignorant about Gurmat principles. A Sikh of Guru Sahib is not supposed to bow or believe in any other deity.

This renowned Kirtaniya wrote a very lame excuse for bowing in front of other places of worship. Sure God is in all places of worship but He is also in non-places of worship. So are we supposed to bow at everything we see? Vaheguru is surely everywhere but He is Pargat or Zaahar only in Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee; therefore, we can bow only where Gurdwara Sahib is, and no where else.

The Saakhi of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee bowing His head at the Smaadh of Dadu is a perfect Saakhi to prove that a Sikh should not bow at any other deity but Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Actually, Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj had completed Siri Sukhmani Sahib and had bowed His head at the Bhog of Siri Sukhmani Sahib and Sikhs thought that He had bowed at the Smaadh of Dadu Sahib, which happened to be in the same direction where Guru Sahib was facing. Five Singhs asked Guru Sahib about it and Guru Sahib was very pleased at the vigilance of Khalsa jee and ordered them to give Him Tankhah. Later on Guru Sahib informed them that He had not bowed His Head to Dadu's Smaadh but had completed Siri Sukhmani Sahib.

This Saakhi proves beyond doubt that Sikhs are not supposed to bow at any other place of worship and this Saakhi also proves that Khalsa has the right to question it's leaders and Sants if they make a mistake.

Kulbir Singh
Five Singhs asked Guru Sahib about it and Guru Sahib was very pleased at the vigilance of Khalsa jee and ordered them to give Him Tankhah.

DHAN DHAN SRI DASMESH JEE APAY GUR CHELA.
May be a very very very very silly question ... Sorry in advance for that... But i could not stop myself from asking this question...

My question is why there is so much importence in naina devi mandir near anandpur sahib...

Personally i get very sad when ever i see my sikh brothers and sisters going there... (Specially nihungs)

Bhul chuk muaf for this...
Harleen SIngh Ji,

Bibekee Singhs do not pay homage to any other places of worship ( tombs, mandirs, mosques,burial grounds) outside of gurmat

ਜਾਗਤਿ ਜੋਤ ਜਪੈ ਨਿਸ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਏਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨ ਨੈਕ ਨ ਆਨੈ ॥ ਪੂਰਨ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਸਜੈ ਬ੍ਰਤ ਗੋਰ ਮੜੀ ਮਟ ਭੂਲ ਨ ਮਾਨੈ ॥ਤੀਰਥ ਦਾਨ ਦਇਆ ਤਪ ਸੰਜਮ ਏਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹ ਏਕ ਪਛਾਨੈ ॥ ਪੂਰਨ ਜੋਤ ਜਗੈ ਘਟ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਖਾਲਸ ਤਾਹਿ ਨਖਾਲਸ ਜਾਨੈ
The above Hukum by Sri GUru Ji mentions how Khalsa sees Waaheguru everywhere and in all, but at the same time Khalsa remains distinct from paying homage to other places and practicing rituals of other faiths.

Besides Sri Guru Granth Sahib Sahib Ji Khalsa pays homage to Pothi Sahibs, Nishan Sahib, and Shasters. Pothi Sahibs have been respected from the very beggining. When the Manjidhars used to do parchar of Gurbani from pothi sahibs they use to sit on a thara sahib ( manji sahib) which out of respect for the pothi sahib. Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji also use to sleep on the floor in presence of Aadi Granth and when taking Aaadi Granth from different locations Sri Guru Ji would place to the pothi sahib on his head as a means of respect. ਪੋਥੀ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਕਾ ਥਾਨੁ ॥
1.ਜਿਨ ਭੈ ਆਦਾਬ ਨਾ ਬਾਣੀ ਧਰਾ ਜਾਣੁ ਸੋ ਸਿਖ ਨਹੀਂ ਹਮਾਰਾ- - He is not a SIkh of mine who doesnt respect and fear Gurbani- Suraj Parkaash
2.ਸ਼ਬਦ ਹੇਠ ਪੜਨ ਆਪ ਮੰਜੇ ਚੜਿ ਬੇਠਨਿ ਸੋ ਭੀ ਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ One who sits on a higher platform while Gurbani is being recited is an apostate. Bhai Chaupa SIngh Ji rehatnama

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji has mentioned in "Gurmat BIbek" that many modern day "Sikhs" question the practice of paying homage ( bowing) to Shasters. He says under the influence of Western thinking these modern day missonary Sikhs frown down on Bibekee Gursikhs who bow down to shasters. However, Bibekee Singhs could care less what these modern day Sikhs think they continue to give satkar to Gursikhs and obey the hukum of paying homage to shasters.

1. ਜਿਤੇ ਸਸਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਮੰ॥ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਤਾਮੰ॥ ਜਿਤੇ ਅਸਤ੍ਰ ਭੇਯੰ॥ ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਤੇਯੰ॥- Sri Dasam Granth

2. ਜੋ ਪੂਜਾ ਅਸਿਕੇਤੁ ਕੀ ਨਿਤ ਪ੍ਰਤਿ ਕਰੈ ਬਨਾਇ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਪਰ ਅਪਨੋ ਹਾਥ ਦੈ ਅਸਿਧੁਜ ਲੇਤ ਬਚਾਇ ॥੩੬੭॥
One who worships the sword daily will in return be protected by the sword- Sri Dasam Granth
Charanjit SIngh many confused people including some Nihangs place importance no naina devi mandir because they are misled. They believe Sri Guru Ji did Ardas to Durga at Naini Devi Mandir on Vasakhi for the creation of the Khalsa Panth and the destruction of the Mughals. They also believe Guru Sahib killed 5 goats on Vasakhi as an offering to the devi " Chandi" as a sacrificial offering. This is one of the reasons they indulge in Jhatka as they see it as a necessary sacrifice for the upliftment of the panth. There are so many beautiful Gurdwaras in Anandpur Sahib why would someone waste their time in a mandir?
Anonymous User
Re: Obeisance to a non-Sikh places of worship
May 08, 2013 06:08PM
There are alot of other sikhs who are tankhaaiyaas because they harass other sikhs and force them to leave sikhi. Even that is hukam by God. So be shcoked and pray she comes back, and when she does, please don't harrass her more.

I've been there too. I'll let you know, in advance.
Anonymous User
Re: Obeisance to a non-Sikh places of worship
May 09, 2013 10:32AM
Don't worry about her, if God wants her to come back He'll make her come back Himself. Worry about yourself. And yeah, this does hit home for all those who want to know if it does or not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login