ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pesh question

Posted by rk12 
Pesh question
April 22, 2013 09:23AM
vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh

Sangat jee, really need some help here, thinking about this so much is really making me very distressed...
Daas peshed in front of the panj last year for a mistake made previously...but today am thinking about how daas used to take a medicine voluntarily that had nonveg gelatin in it, while having knowledge that it did, before going to pesh. Daas was so worried about what to say to the panj that completely forgot to mention this other mistake and other things...like accidentally consuming some alcohol while at someone's house and being offered soda to drink.

Daas has been given a tankhaah by the panj for the main mistake discussed when went for pesh but should daas go back in front of the panj to pesh for these other things? Tankhaah given last year is still being completed but am so stressed out about my mistakes and not properly taking advantage of a rare chance in front of the panj that it is becoming increasingly difficult to think about anything else.

Please, gursikho, this moorakh's mistakes are so many, please advise as to what should be done...
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Pesh question
April 22, 2013 09:32AM
If you forgot to mention other important mistakes before, you should get re-pesh for confessing your mistakes. Normally, for taking medicine, one is not given Tankhah since it's not food but medicine. If it is creating Dubidha in your mind, then it's best to get Pesh and get it out of your mind.

Kulbir Singh
April 22, 2013 09:45AM
Bhai sahib jee, the issue with the medicine is that I didn't NEED to be taking it, and then I did anyway, knowing full well that I didn't need it AND that it had nonveg gelatin in it...
What will the panj say...having gone in front of them less than a year ago, still completing tankhaah, and then going for pesh again...
Last time was so wracked with nervousness about what to say and focusing on not crying in front of the panj that forgot to tell them about other things...what will I say now...
April 22, 2013 12:11PM
Be crystal clear - be honest - have patience - Panj will not kill you - however maybe practice Gursikhe rehat for a longer periood before going back to Panj - do extra seva - and mention it too - and whatever they say take it fully as an order and comply with love.
April 22, 2013 02:08PM
As NS44 jee has stated, don't be overly scared to get Pesh. You are going to Guru Sahib. Guru Sahib is always Merciful. So fear not. And it's a very good thing that you are regretting your mistakes so much. As soon as you realize your mistake and beg for forgiveness from Guru Sahib, you are forgiven. Guru Sahib is always Dyaalu.

Kulbir Singh
April 22, 2013 03:50PM
Should I wait to pesh again until current tankhaah is completed?
April 22, 2013 05:29PM
You can pesh before your tankhah is completed. Just tell the Panj what tankhah you are doing and how much is done.

Preetam Singh
April 23, 2013 02:35AM
rk12
Should I wait to pesh again until current tankhaah is completed?

There is no hard & fast rule for that. But seeing your dubidha, my personal suggestion would be - take your time to finish up your current tankhah with 100% devotion, love, respect and above all with 100% patience & faith.

At the same time when you are undergoing this tankhah, read more & more Gurbani - as much as possible. If you feel connected to or inclined to any specific Gurbani, let say - Sri Jap Jee Sahib or Benti Chaupai Sahib or Sri Sukhmani Sahib etc... then do paath of that Gurbani as much as possible.

Do Ardaas daily and ask Guru Sahib to be your Ang-Sang-Sahai. Ask Guru Sahib to provide Bal-Shakti and help you out to complete your current tankhah is proper manner & maryada.

Once, your current tankhah gets over, do Shukarana Ardaas before Guru Sahib and ask for forgiveness. Then sit calmly for a day and recall all the points for which you think you should get Pesh. Better to pen them down on paper in bullet points. If you have fears of forgetting or getting breakdown before Punj then I personally think there is no harm in carrying that paper with you and giving it to Punj. But it is always better to speak out from your mouth.

Having said that, there is no gurantee that Praani will wake up next day. So it is wise idea to get Pesh ASAP. Have Bharosa on Guru Maharaaj and He will surely help you out.

ns44
Panj will not kill you

They will kill you there is no doubt about it.
Yes, for sure they will definitely, absolutely and certainly kill you so that your Jeev-Aatma gets revived.
They will kill your Haume, they will kill 5-Vikaars and they will kill endless things that makes up YOU.
They will kill your personality and will give you individuality - an Individuality of Khalsa.

ਕਬੀਰਾ ਮਰਤਾ ਮਰਤਾ ਜਗੁ ਮੁਆ ਮਰਿ ਭਿ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਐਸੀ ਮਰਨੀ ਜੋ ਮਰੈ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨ ਮਰਨਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥

So do not worry, go get yourself killed and that too ASAP. You will cherish this death !

PS : In the above Killing section "YOU" should be read as Common Noun and not as Proper Noun cool smiley

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
April 23, 2013 10:12AM
Dear brother,
You have been given encouraging words by all the good people here on the forum. I would like to suggest something based on my personal perception of your words and situation. Here it is:

Please do some deep introspection into your mind and personality by going over your life uptil now. Recall all the major events as well as random situations. Do you find that you have been nervous like this before too? Does your nervousness become a high intensity state and does it involve confronting other people and worrying too much on that? Do you find a pattern in these types of events?

If so you may wish to seek expert help or may do self-help by reading a good book on such topic.

Please do not construe this post as an attempt to lessen your fear of wrong-doing in terms of religious life. I am NOT telling you to not care about a ਕੁਰਹਿਤ ! All I am suggesting is that if aggravated/extreme nervousness and anxiety has been experienced many times before and in different situations, then maybe there is a pattern which is exhibited regardless of the religious nature of the issue.
April 23, 2013 11:09AM
jaskirat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Panj will not kill you
>
>
> They will kill you there is no doubt about it.
> Yes, for sure they will definitely, absolutely and
> certainly kill you so that your Jeev-Aatma gets
> revived.
> They will kill your Haume, they will kill
> 5-Vikaars and they will kill endless things that
> makes up YOU.
> They will kill your personality and will give you
> individuality - an Individuality of Khalsa.
>
> ਕਬੀਰਾ ਮਰਤਾ ਮਰਤਾ
> ਜਗੁ ਮੁਆ ਮਰਿ ਭਿ ਨ
> ਜਾਨੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
> ਐਸੀ ਮਰਨੀ ਜੋ ਮਰੈ
> ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨ ਮਰਨਾ ਹੋਇ
> ॥੧॥
>
> So do not worry, go get yourself killed and that
> too ASAP. You will cherish this death !
>
>
> PS : In the above Killing section "YOU" should be
> read as Common Noun and not as Proper Noun cool smiley
>

Very correct indeed "bhanarr ghatarn sumrag (xcuse spelling mistake) Guru Sahib - indeed Jaskirat jee is 100% right in term of the killing - i.e to remold you and so all shankee are gone - Guru build jeevan of a Gursikh brick by brick.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2013 06:27PM
Don't think it's a good idea of panj to kill you to make you khalsa by YELLING at you to do 10,000 chaupai sahibs. I am not hating on panj because I could never do such a thing. Panj together in the hazoori of Guru Sahib are Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji, we all should know that.

Because that would be like threatening you and OPPRESSING you. Or LAUGHING at you when you are devastated. Yeah, it's wrong to laugh at someone or even smile at the wrong time.

Something I would really like to suggest because that has happened to me and I find it very unfair or making a really shitty face at you because you did something unexpected or left rehat because of some other sikhs basically you pushed you out to make way for themselves or because they started thinking that we are better and you are low. Like the typical ganging up on someone. Karma will strike back and hit you in the face like anything hellish.

Or the times of bibias hooking up with singhs and then singhs hooking up with next bibi and using her and ditiching her to go back to old bibi. So basically abusing one bibi and and marrying another, all you singhs and bibias who have done this, I really hope you all pay for this hell.

I hope you couple who did this really get the brunt of it back 10 times more because you people are the real trouble causers and cause immense sadness in peoples hearts. You people are cowards. Your children will pay for this unnecessary hurt. You will be given diseases, ailments and same trouble more. You know who you all are, You all really do know.

This goes for someone who also practices in the Panj seva or not. Please don't get up there high too much, you never know when that place is going pull you down.

So don't go flying above your height or below.

Krissang
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login