ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Occult Powers

Posted by GuruDefined 
Occult Powers
April 20, 2013 10:07AM
vjkkvjkf,
sadh sangat ji, I have been reading the book Rangle sajjan for quite a long time and there was one thing that I don't understand. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji says that Ridh Sidh are nothing, but is it the same thing as occult powers? Once travelling to an akhand paath, one singh I think "Bhai Sarwan Singh Ji" started having a small nap in which he got a dream where Bhai Randhir Singh JI got bit by a dog and then blood pours out. A few hours later Bhai Randhir Singh Ji is heading towards langar in a very spiritual state with half eyes closed eyes and then he accidently steps on a dog's tail, and then the dog bites Bhai Sahib Ji, Bhai Sarwan Singh Ji comes and makes the dog go away, when free, Bhai Sahib didn't feel any pain but started yelling out in happiness that Singh's dream came true. Why would Bhai Randhir Singh ji get happy at low level ridhi/sidhi or was that the play of much higher nau nidhi? I remember in jail Jithiya where one singh started possessing Ridhs/Sidhs and used them to the service of bhai sahib. Bhai sahib would never get impressed and would then tell him not to do so in the future. What is the difference in the above to stories where occult powers are used and Bhai Sahib Ji is impressed at one but not the other?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Occult Powers
April 21, 2013 09:39AM
Stop thinking about this and get on with your life. Don't look into this too much. Pray to God about it, I don't know what kind of a answer you're looking for. Don't get confused
April 21, 2013 02:15PM
Leafy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Pray to God
> about it, I don't know what kind of a answer
> you're looking for. Don't get confused
I think what our friend means to ask why are some manifestations and display of powers acceptable while others are not.
April 21, 2013 03:49PM
Yes, veerji that is exactly what want to know about!
kirpa karke please shed some light!!
April 21, 2013 08:34PM
The nine treasures and the eighteen spiritual powers of the Siddhas follow him, who keeps the Lord enshrined in his heart.
nav nidhee athaareh sidhee pishai lageeaa firahi jo har hiradhai sadhaa vasaae |

The first story that you have mentioned is indeed very funny.. Because bhai sarwan singh was in unconscious state of mind when he saw that dream, and due to kamai of that gurmukh pyaara even his little dream become true...

They are so brave; they are men of their word.
soorabeer bachan kae balee |

Even a little dream of such gurmukhs become true.. That is why bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji also started laughing in the end...

Whereas in the other story was in complete state of consciousness and used them as per his needs... A gurmukh should not use any ridhi sidhi at all... These are some low level power that come to you to distract you from reaching to your preetam satguru... One should always try to be as low as possible... Bhai sahib knew it and told that singh to not use these power, these power only create a bundle of (haume, hankar) in a persons mind.. That is why bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji told him not to use that in future...

Note: these are my personal views, correct me if im wrong...

Bhul chuk muaf..
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki fateh...
April 22, 2013 12:52AM
Yes, because if you start wondering about these powers, you are gonna go off track of your bhagti, so that's what I meant that don't worry about all this and just keep your focus on God,
April 22, 2013 09:36AM
In the first case, Bhai Sarvan Singh was an Aula-Maula (ordinary) Singh and no one could have known or guessed that he had reached such level where he was unwittingly getting Ridhi Sidhi; so much so that he himself was not aware of his Ridhi Sidhi powers. In his case, getting these Ridhi Sidhi was an indication of his rising spiritual state and he was not entangled in the web of Ridhi Sidhi, which is why Bhai Sahib rejoiced it.

On the other hand, the jail companion of Bhai Sahib was well aware of his Ridhi Sidhi and though he was rising spiritually, Bhai Sahib felt that he was getting entangled in the web of Ridhi Sidhi, thereby risking spiritual Chardi Kala. For this reason Bhai Sahib despised his cheap exhibition of Ridhi Sidhi powers. Ridhi Sidhi is as much of a distraction as other Maya is. A Gursikh should focus on attaining Darshan and not in Ridhi Sidhi pleasures.

Kulbir Singh
April 22, 2013 02:01PM
GuruPyareo,

There is a difference between saying/doing things *sehaj subhaye* and/or using it to get a fame or worldly gains. For example if someone is using ridhi sidhis for giving *children* or for other worldly gains thats not acceptable, however if we are in sangat of Gursikhs and Gursikhs do humble ardaas to Guru Sahib and Gur Sahib bless someone with a child thats not a use of ridhi/sidhi.

In your example Bhai Kulbir Singh rightly said that Bhai Sarvan Singh was not using his ridhi/sidhi for fame but using it sehaj subhaye....

Hope it makes sense.

Vaheguroo jee kaa Khalsaa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!
April 22, 2013 02:34PM
Thank you to everyone who expressed their opinions on this topic!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login