ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Regarding Inter-Faith Activities

Posted by gurvitohkurbaan 
Vahiguroo ji ka Khalsaa Vahiguroo ji ki Fateh

One of dass' friends has decided to take coaching of Nastaliq script from a madrassah in the Old Walled city of Delhi. Previously he had taken coaching of Sanskrit in a local Hindu temple.

Furthur if he also take classes to read the respective holy texts of the faiths, what is the correct Gurmat Way for doing it? Is it correct for him to learn in a madrassah or a temple with his Gurmukhi bana?

An important point on which he throws light is that his vigour for Naam has decreased after he has started these activities, what can the reasons for that? How can he still be doing all such work without losing chaau for Naam?

Dass
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
gurvitohkurbaan
An important point on which he throws light is that his vigour for Naam has decreased after he has started these activities

That sounds alarming to me Now !!! Coz I too have similar plans for such activities...
Please help and throw some light on this.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
gurvitohkurbaan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vahiguroo ji ka Khalsaa Vahiguroo ji ki Fateh
>
> One of dass' friends has decided to take coaching
> of Nastaliq script from a madrassah in the Old
> Walled city of Delhi. Previously he had taken
> coaching of Sanskrit in a local Hindu temple.
>
> Furthur if he also take classes to read the
> respective holy texts of the faiths, what is the
> correct Gurmat Way for doing it? Is it correct for
> him to learn in a madrassah or a temple with his
> Gurmukhi bana?

don't see it a problem
>
> An important point on which he throws light is
> that his vigour for Naam has decreased after he
> has started these activities, what can the reasons
> for that? How can he still be doing all such work
> without losing chaau for Naam?
>

well of course it would due to their sangat - maybe take it slowly rather than taking on too much information.
The only thing that come into my mind after reading this is that you should have complete blind faith in your own religion.. And you should have complete (having no doubt) knowledge about each and every aspect your own religion say...

If you lack faith or knowledge in your own religion your foot may shiver in situation when you think others are right..

Bhul chuk muaf...
Bhai Charanjeet Singh jee I think you are right with the point of incomplete faith. I consulted this matter with a buzarg Singh who gave me an advice to tell my friend to start writing Mool Mantar everyday in Nastaliq script. This is very helpful, he said, as he also came through a very similar situation in the past. Doing ardas to Maharaj before and after the class is 100% helpful, he said.

Bhul Chuk di khima jee

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa Vaheguroo ji ki Fatehh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login