ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scientists are dumber than Mike Tyson

Posted by GurmanSingh 
A Question to Sangat before I answer myself,
How are 97% of scientists less intelligent than former Boxing heavyweight champion, Mike Tyson?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Not sure but I think Mike is smarter than 97% scientists for not believing in the Baandar-to-man theory called the evolution theory.

Kulbir Singh
Thanks for the humor Guru Pyareo Kulbir Singh Jiosmiling smiley
We should leave the so-called "scientists" in a jungle full of monkeys and see how they survive with their long lost rishteydaar. they will be happy to finally meet their dada, chacha, taiya and mama.
But scientists have given so much to human society such as electricity which runs light bulbs, fans, heating, transportation such as cars, buses etc, and IT such as mobile phones, computers, internet etc. All these things are immensely useful for all human beings. Even Gurmukhs of today use cars, buses, phones, fans, AC. I should think that it is Waheguru's hukam to have the things the way they are in society. Of course it is upon us to use these things for higher purposes in our life.
eyesacademic must be a scientist as the user name seem to hint?smiling smiley
cool smiley I am not a scientist birji, But I do not think it is not fair to condemn scientists when I am using all the science and technology in my everyday life.

In the month of January my mother underwent a bypass heart surgery. She would have not survived had it not been for the doctors who operated on her. So I am grateful for the science which is available for the benefit of common people. I take this as a blessing of Waheguru that science and technology is available for benefits of humans.

Millions and millions of people find relief from suffering everyday due to medical help. We should be grateful to God who has made these available.

Had it not been for scientists there would not have been any computers or internet and there would not have been any gurmatbibek website. The important thing is to use these things as per our higher thinking, morals and consciousness.

I can't say about west but in India most of the scientists (especially in the universities teaching side) are believers in God. They follow science and also believe in a higher power which they feel is behind everything.
ਨਾ ਕੋ ਮੂੜੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋ ਸਿਆਨਾ ॥
No one is foolish, and no one is wise.
ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਦੇਵੈ ਨਾਉ ॥
To those who are blessed by His Grace to receive His Name,
ਨਾਨਕ ਤਾ ਕੈ ਬਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਉ ॥੮॥੩॥
Nanak is a sacrifice, a sacrifice to them. ||8||3||
No one has condemned the good inventions of science here and we are not against scientists on every issue. The question Gurman Singh asked is that how is Mike Tyson smarter than most scientists. We should remain focused on that.

Kulbir Singh
The topic of this thread is 'scientists are dumber than mike tyson' not 'how are scientists dumber than mike tyson. LOL.

I agree with eyesacademic person, scientists have contributed to todays world immensly and their intelligence is credit worthy.
He follows a Dharam, a belief in Allah. Now I'm not sure if he converted before or after biting the other boxers ear grinning smiley, whereas majority of scientists are Atheists or Agnostic.
sceintist or mike tyson - does it matter to us?

Gian - whether Gurmuki or scientific on it's own won't go anywhere - unless there is sharda - faith.

and similarly

Sharda on it's own and being blind to Gian/science - won't go anywhere either --- warning ! a lot of this is around today but wasn;t in puraatan sikhe.!

to conclude - as a Sikh has to be thankful to Maharaj Dhan SGGS Jee if we undersstand soemthing whether Gurbani or sceintific and we are also Thankful to maharaj if we don;t .
Appreciate Waheguru because He gave Mike Tyson the physical strength and also it is Waheguru ji Who gives intelligence to us all, including scientists, we are only puppets of clay and He pulls our strings and makes us move as He wants.

Appreciate Waheguru because He gave Mike Tyson the physical strength

And Vaheguru also gave him physical strength to bite Holyfield's ear off. smiling smiley)) I remember it like yesterday, in the nineties, when he had a boxing match with Holyfield, he was losing to him. He got so frustrated that in anger, he bit Holyfield's ear off. It was hilarious. Tyson claimed that he did not bite Holyfield but the wound was a result of a punch. A white lie! In the next round he again bit Holyfield's ear, the second time. The first bite was so ferocious that he actually bit off a piece of his ear.

Sorry for getting off topic. Couldn't help it.

Kulbir Singh
That was amusing, not for Holyfield. But at least he follows a path now spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
eyesacademic Ji,
I am a female (intials are last name,first name ji)..I agree totally with you about the contributions by science, and medicine..but as Guru Pyareo Leafy mentioned, all credit goes to Waheguru King, our creator Ji!smiling smiley
I am glad scientists in India believe in Waheguru, and I am especially glad Waheguru healed your mother through the good doctors she had the good fortune to have, as I cannot say the same for my beloved late mother, whose life was shortened as the ER doctor, made the wrong decision of putting her on life support, when she was having a severe asthma attack? My mother was able to walk, asked what were they going to do to her, had a heart attack while they were putting her on life support, went in a coma soon after, passed away 2 days later...there weren't even any doctors monitoring her as she was in ICU. The nurses informed us she is only surviving due to life support, and has actually passed away? But when I spoke to her, she had tears roll down her eyes?
So science, scientists, doctors, academians etc has been nothing but a pain in my life, whereas Waheguru Jio has been blissful consolation..as Gurbani reminds us again and again...
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru meri praan adhara..
Dear KS ji,
I am very sorry to read about your mother. I totally agree some doctors are really killers rather savers of life. Some become greedy for money, some are just callous and careless and hard-hearted with no insaaniyat in them. Good doctors are few and far between.
KS, sorry to hear your story and you have my sympathy. Sorry for your loss.

Right now you are very angry with science and doctors and so on, but it will get better for you. Not all doctors are bad, science isn't really bad in reality. Sometimes bad things just happen, sometimes we have bad experiences and we have to accept them. It's important to learn from them and come out the other end stronger not weaker so stay strong and just bless those people who you think are the cause of your mothers passing. But then also remeber that we have been limited breaths, and when they run out, we have to leave.
Unjaan was correct, it is reported that 97% of scientists are atheists. Now the irony of this is funny, because according to Sikhi, there is no one less intelligent than a nastak(athiest). The reason I choose Mike Tyson as an example was because an interview i read, where he says through the grace of Allah he was able to change his ways. Mike Tyson is considered crazy by many people and an comes off as not a very intellgent person. Yet, according to Gurmat, he is considered more intelligent than all those suppposed "genius" scientists who do not believe in God.

In Kaljug everything is backwards, as Guru Sahib states ਮੀਠੇ ਕਉ ਕਉੜਾ ਕਹੈ ਕੜੂਏ ਕਉ ਮੀਠਾ ॥ ਰਾਤੇ ਕੀ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਕਰਹਿ ਐਸਾ ਕਲਿ ਮਹਿ ਡੀਠਾ. This couldnt be more true. I have noticed that people always tend to do Nindya of those Kamyiee vale Gursikhs, and praise those who have no avastha at all. Similarly, Sikhs and Punjabis have begun worshipping science in replace of Gurmat. Supposed Gyanees are claiming that it is impossible by the laws of science for Baba Deep Singh Ji to have fought without a head. That instead of the Punj Pyareh, Guru Sahib chopped the head off 5 goats. People are asking for small portions of Degh, because they have been told that Ghio is not could for your body. Why would we choose to believe the words of those who do not believe in Akal Purakh. Any person who does not believe in Akal Purakh, should be the last person we believe in.

This is not to say that we do not believe in Science but that we should always take the words of scientists with a grain of salt. Science only exists in the context of Sikhi. For example, according to Science, prehistoric humans were savages, hunter/gathers with little morals and as time progressed people became more knowledgeable is false. According to Sikhi it is the opposite, in Satyug human beings had more morals and there was less violence and as time progressed people became more sinful. Also, Guru Sahib has said that to find the beginning of time for creation is impossible, yet scientists claim to to know the approximate when the universe was created. In the early 1900s, the earth was about few hundred million years old, than in the mid 19th century it was approximately a few billion years old, than it became 4.5 billion years old. Just last week, i read an article where they scientists added another 500 million years to the earths age. When will these people realize that there is no limit to Akal Purakh, and that the date can never be discovered. Is this what is considered intelligence, when every 25 years they increase the earths age by billions of years. These guesses are not even close to being accurate.

It seems the problem with Western culture there is a tendency to question everything. The thing about Gurmat is that we do not always know the reason. There are so many mystical reasons along with scientific reasons for the things we do, such as eating in Sarbloh, wearing Kakkars, taking cold Ishnaan, but we do not know what that reason is all the time. It is not our time to question. The only thing we know is Gursikhs have practiced these methods, and have met Akal Purakh because of it. The Dasam Duar and Naam rass are things no scientist could ever explain, yet they are things i Know exist. Just like I know that at no time was my Bapu Ji a Bandar.
I didn't read all of your post, but I read the first three paragraphs, I stopped there and felt that there was no need for me to read anymore because I got the feeling that yeah what ever you have said so far is correct and so whatever is going you've probabaly written in the fourth paragraph is also going to be true. Good thinking kiddo.

A God concious person is more valuable than a person who is very knowledgeable yet doesn't recognize the power behind everything (waheguru).
Good post Gurman Singh
Lol I did the same thing as leafy! Good post.
What is the general reason why we do not believe in evolution? I know Guru sahib states that from water and air came creation. I suppose it explains why scientists cant find the missing link, because there isnt one?
First and foremost Gurman Singh jee, are you intellectually ahead of Myke Tyson??? Or are you able to invent gadgets that ease the daily lives of the general population?? I think we all know the answer. Why do we need to point fingers at someone because they're not into religion?? Is it such a necessacity?? Atheists will remain atheists, inspite of the fact whatever you write. They don't change their views, and you wouldn't change yours. So it's fair game on both sides. There doesn't need to be an argument over religion. Keep it yourself. No need to be a Jehovah's witness and go out there preaching to everyone you see. No one really cares. Heck, our own Punjabis don't care about Sikhi, how do you expect others to listen to the Guru's message?? Just some thoughts.
Lol I see sewak123's point too.

Hang loose.....
Good topic. Almost all the time research led by scientists start with a theory. And most of the times that theory is just an idea and not a proven fact. So personally I have believed that if the start itself has not been proven, how can we believe the result to be true too.

Sevak Jee I don't know why but every post I read from you on this forum doesn't really sound nice. Gurman Singh was trying to put his thoughts about why he thinks, along with referring his thoughts with Gurbaani to point out why scientists are dumb. He is not trying to convert the whole scientist community or atheists to believe in any religion. It's a view point from an individual, there is no need for a personal attack. There was no argument or a call for conversion to religion. It's a Gurmat based forum, where topics such as this are only trying to show a Gurmat view on something. If you don't like reading such topics, instead of personal attacks, it's better to go back and read a topic that better suits you. It's as simple as that.
actually it's not true that an athiest will always remain an athiest...God can change a demon to a saint tooo.......

Stop fighting people..

stop, breathe....relax!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login