ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

about making dheg

Posted by guptbabbar84 
about making dheg
March 04, 2013 07:49PM
The singhs and I were discussing the maryada of making dheg and the point that, whilst the dheg is being made and up until the point where the dheg becomes parvaan by guru sahib, no non tyaar bar tyaar singh is allowed to look at the dheg, was. Is this true? If so, what part of looking at dheg makes it unsucha. Please provide some kind of reference from a book of bhai sahibs or any other gurmukhs book.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: about making dheg
March 08, 2013 07:00PM
There are so many singh's on this forum who follow this rule, yet one of you can't even explain the reasoning behind this? does this mean you all follow this maryada for no reason? or that you don't know why you do this. I was under the impression that this was a site where questions of gurmat could be answered.
March 08, 2013 07:19PM
Bhai Sahib jee,

Just because no one has answered the question yet, does not mean that no one has an answer. There could be many reasons why no one has had time to reply yet, and it is not wise for you to show this much attitude.

When asking questions we should remain humble and be patient. You could have very easily just asked again and bumped the thread. Your attitude just makes me not want to answer your question.

I think you should apologize for your attitude.

Preetam Singh
March 08, 2013 09:01PM
Hence why I always had a negative feeling about this "guptbabbar84".

it is advised that the original question asker directly approaches those Gursikhs who carry out the seva of making Langar and Kraah Prashaad di Degh, instead of asking on the forum such questions.

Second of all, what Maryada one follows or doesn't follow should not concern you. These questions are not meant to be asked.

Giving such attitude and rude commentary tells the Sangat the question poser's original intention in asking such a question. I can't believe someone could talk like that and thinks it is fine.
March 08, 2013 09:41PM
Vahguroo jee!

Almost all the questions we could have about Rehit and Gurmat Practices in our day to day life,have been addressed in Gurbani and by GurSikhs*.
So one is Bhai Gurdaas jee. Every single word comes from his bani keeps deep explanation to Gursikhi Rehit and the reasons to avoid such practices in our daily life.

As this one

ਮਧ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਿਧਾ ਪਾਇ ਕੈ ਕੁਤੇ ਦਾ ਮਾਸੁ II
ਧਰਿਆ ਮਾਣਸ ਖੋਪਰੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਮੰਦੀ ਵਾਸੁII
ਰਤੂ ਭਰਿਆ ਕਪੜਾ ਕਰ ਕਜਣ ਤਾਸੁ II
ਢਕਿ ਲੈ ਚਲੀ ਚੂਹੜੀ ਕਰਿ ਭੋਗ ਬਿਲਾਸੁII
ਆਖਿ ਸੁਣਾਏ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਲਾਹੇ ਵਿਸਵਾਸੁ II
ਨਦਰੀ ਪਵੈ ਅਕਿਰਤਘਣੁ ਮਤੁ ਹੋਇ ਵਿਣਾਸੁ II 36-9-6

Need a bit of brainstorming to understand it, myself,I can't find other purpose behind this Puri if itsn't explaining about ਨਦਰੀ ਪਵੈ ਅਕਿਰਤਘਣੁ ਮਤੁ ਹੋਇ ਵਿਣਾਸੁII
Bhai Sahib Bhai Gurdass jee purposely written about practices in Gursikh life,either appreciated them or condemned.

I hope it'll help you a bit!
and

When asking questions we should remain humble and be patient. You should consider bhai Preetam Singh

Apologies for any mistakes!
March 11, 2013 08:38AM
Thanks Bhawan Singh Gill jeeo! This is exactly the Pauri I had in mind but could not post due to time constraints. Yes, the Maryada of making Degh is that it is cooked where only Gursikhs can be present and when the Degh is brought to the Darbar, it's kept covered. Even when the Degh is distributed to Sangat, it's kept in Purdah. One of the reasons for doing so is to keep the Degh away from the eye of non-devotees.

There are so many singh's on this forum who follow this rule, yet one of you can't even explain the reasoning behind this? does this mean you all follow this maryada for no reason? or that you don't know why you do this.

Gursikhs follow Maryada without the need to understand it. What's the need to understand it, when the Maryada is coming from pristine times? During Amrit Sinchaar, the Punj sit in Bir Aasan position; are the first supposed to know the exact reason why they should sit in Bir Aasan? No. They just follow the old Maryada. Maryada is to weigh Gheo, Sugar and Aata in equal weight when making Degh. Are we supposed to understand th exact reason why it's done like this? No. We should just follow this Maryada. Same way, a lot of old Maryada is followed as is. Over the time, one naturally understands the reasons behind certain Maryada.

Kulbir Singh
March 11, 2013 01:20PM
Waheguru... Always something to learn on this forum
March 11, 2013 02:51PM
So those who are not Amrithdari are not even allowed to look at Degh?
March 12, 2013 07:53AM
TSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So those who are not Amrithdari are not even
> allowed to look at Degh?

I don't think even the sevadaars are allowed to look under the cover once it's prepared.
March 12, 2013 09:01AM

So those who are not Amrithdari are not even allowed to look at Degh?

No one has been seen stopping or announcing that a Manmukh cannot look at Degh or anything like that. We have never witnessed a person deliberately trying to look at Degh. So these questions are quite irrelevant. When distributing Degh, it's kept covered and if someone gets a look at Degh, it's not thrown away or anything like that. As per Maryada, Degh is kept covered. That's all.

Kulbir Singh
March 12, 2013 01:58PM
Thank you for the replies. I was not trying to question the Maryada- after rereading what I wrote I can see that I may have come across like that.
I was just curious. It's a little sad to see the current practice of making degh, the proper Maryada is almost completely gone in most Gurughars.
March 13, 2013 12:58AM
Kulbir Singh
Are we supposed to understand th exact reason why it's done like this? No. We should just follow this Maryada. Same way, a lot of old Maryada is followed as is.

Bhai Sahib, what you say is Satya-bachan. The young generation like me are brain washed by science school teachers to ask WHY in everything. Why it is like this, Why it is like that etc...

In the domain of Dharam, there is no place for Kintu-Prantu. The true Bhagti and Devotion does Not come with WHY. Instead it comes when WHY is replaced with HUKAM. To accept HUKAM of Guru Maharaaj as it is, brings Chardi Kala for Gursikhs. When one has Prem, Shradha and Bharosa then Guru Maharaaj Himself reveals the reasoning.

Finally, a small request to Elder Sikhs. Please do not give such a big trashing to young ones like me that one stops or hesitate to post their queries next time. I agree sometime kids needs thrashing from parents to bring them on correct path cool smiley

But look at the positive aspect of it, even if someone is impatient or not humble, still they are asking question on Rehit, Gurmat and Gurbani. They want to learn something and connect with panth. Eventually with time and bhagti they will learn to be patient and humble.

Today we see young crowd lost in Maya and Vikaars. We should compassionately handle queries of young ones so that they do not break from Guru and Panth. Elders should put their hands around the shoulder of young ones and bring them towards Gurmat & Gurbani. Politely point out to the young ones that their manner is not correct but still answer the query if you have some answer. Gurbani veechari taan paropkari.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
March 13, 2013 10:56AM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Bhawan Singh Gill jeeo! This is exactly the
> Pauri I had in mind but could not post due to time
> constraints. Yes, the Maryada of making Degh is
> that it is cooked where only Gursikhs can be
> present and when the Degh is brought to the
> Darbar, it's kept covered. Even when the Degh is
> distributed to Sangat, it's kept in Purdah. One of
> the reasons for doing so is to keep the Degh away
> from the eye of non-devotees.
>
> There are so many singh's on this forum who follow
> this rule, yet one of you can't even explain the
> reasoning behind this? does this mean you all
> follow this maryada for no reason? or that you
> don't know why you do this.
>
> Gursikhs follow Maryada without the need to
> understand it. What's the need to understand it,
> when the Maryada is coming from pristine times?
> During Amrit Sinchaar, the Punj sit in Bir Aasan
> position; are the first supposed to know the exact
> reason why they should sit in Bir Aasan? No. They
> just follow the old Maryada. Maryada is to weigh
> Gheo, Sugar and Aata in equal weight when making
> Degh. Are we supposed to understand th exact
> reason why it's done like this? No. We should just
> follow this Maryada. Same way, a lot of old
> Maryada is followed as is. Over the time, one
> naturally understands the reasons behind certain
> Maryada.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Bhai Kulbir Singh ji

Its not a question of questioning puratan rehits, regardless of how weird or impossible it may seem to us, guru sahib had a reason and who are we to question that. The problems lies with people with lack of faith, they ask these questions and if they aren't given a proper answer with logic, then
They don't understand why we believe so strongly and they just back off and continue to do it wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login