ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your Vichaars on this Pankiti: ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮਨਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਰੁ...

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
ਦਿਲਹੁ ਮੁਹਬਤਿ ਜਿੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸੇਈ ਸਚਿਆ ॥
ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮਨਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਸਿ ਕਾਂਢੇ ਕਚਿਆ ॥੧॥
(Baani Sheikh Farid jee, Ang 488)

Sangat is invited to give their Vichaars on the above Pankitis. How do you interpret these Gurbani Pankitis, especially the second Pankiti above? I believe that there is a great mystical secret in this Pankiti.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I think in the first Pankti Sheikh Farid jee is saying that those who have love for Vaheguru that is from their heart, and not just superficial love, are true lovers of Vaheguru. In the second Pankti Sheik Farid jee is saying that those who have one thing in their mind and utter something else from their mouth are only superficial lovers and are proven to be kache.

I think the second Pankti is saying that we should not have dooja bhao. Our only love should be Vaheguru, and we should have that love inside as well as outside.

Preetam Singh
Waheguru Jio,
a great gurmukh at gurdwara did this shabad 2 sundays ago.
make sure this.. "THIS" hajjar najjar is on your mind and on your mukh...if your thinking about something else..while something else is on your lips its kacha.. you gotta be 1.
Waheguru di kirpa naal sabh kush prapat houndha... sare sikha nu man neeva mat ooche daat bakshe... kaam krodh lobh moh anankar te bachona..panth vich ekta vertoni
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
I could be wrong but this is what I came up with:

ਦਿਲਹੁ ਮੁਹਬਤਿ ਜਿੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸੇਈ ਸਚਿਆ ॥
ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮਨਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਸਿ ਕਾਂਢੇ ਕਚਿਆ ॥੧॥

ਜਿਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲ ਦਿਲੋਂ ਮੁਹੱਬਤ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ ਓਹੀ ਸਚੇ ਆਸ਼ਿਕ਼ ਨੇ
ਜੋ ਮੰਨ ਵਿਚ ਹੋਰ ਤੇ ਮੂਹ ਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਹਨ, ਓਹ ਲੋਗ ਕੱਚੇ ਜਾਣੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਨੇ

I think the second tukh is for people who do not do Aashiki with Vaheguru from their hearts/Mann but only do it for showing off/Vikhaavaa.
I think the second Pankti is also saying that while we are doing Naam Abhiyaas with our mouths, but we have any furna other than of Vaheguru in our mann, then we will not reap rewards that we are looking for.

We must have full focus on only Vaheguru while doing Abhiyaas to truly entice Vaheguru with our love.

It would be great if Bhai Sahib could answer this question.

Preetam Singh
Originally I used to think that the Pankiti - ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮਨਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਸਿ ਕਾਂਢੇ ਕਚਿਆ ॥੧॥ - pertains to such people who deceive other people by speaking sweet from their mouth and at the same time harbour ill-feelings in their hearts. Most translators too have translated this Pankiti in similar meaning but when you look at the first Pankiti, we get the idea that this Pankiti actually pertains to a spiritual Avastha as opposed to worldly morality. This does not mean that worldly morality should not be kept; the fact of the matter is that worldly morality comes about to Gursikhs quite naturally.

The first Pankiti - ਦਿਲਹੁ ਮੁਹਬਤਿ ਜਿੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸੇਈ ਸਚਿਆ ॥॥ - makes it clear that only such individuals who have love (Mohabbat) from heart are authentic. The second Pankiti gives us Hukam that ones who have different thoughts or words in their mouth and heart are fakes. Everyday, when we do Gurbani Paath and Simran, we should remember this Pankiti. If we are saying Gurbani or Naam from our mouth but at the same time, some other Trai-Gunni thoughts are pervading our mind, then we are fakes. Only if we have love from heart, can we align our mouth and heart in such a way that the words of our mouth reflect what's going on in our heart.

Every time a non-Gurbani thought or a non-Naam thought comes in our mind while we are doing Gurbani Paath or Simran, we become fake lovers of Vaheguru. So high are the Gurmat standards of divine love.

When doing Gurbani Paath, our mind should be alertly listening to Gurbani and simultaneously doing Vichaar of Gurbani also and if there is still room open for thoughts to come, then we should do Simran of Naam at the same time. This will cover the wandering of the mind for the most part. Similarly, when doing Naam Simran, we should be attentively and lovingly listening to the voice or Dhuni of Naam and if there is still room for wandering of the mind, then we should start some Gurbani Paath e.g. Siri Sukhmani Sahib, Siri Jap jee Sahib or simply the Manglacharan.

May Guru Sahib bless us with one-mindedness while doing Paath and Simran, so that we may achieve our spiritual goals sooner than later.

Kulbir Singh
Vaaheguroo jee! Thank you Bhai Kulbir Singh jee.

Jatinderpal Singh
Vaheguroo!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login