ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

becoming increasingly isolated

Posted by Theguptone 
becoming increasingly isolated
February 20, 2013 10:42AM
for about 5 years now i have had virtually no friends. when i started getting into sikhi i basically dropped all contact with non gursikhs - i didnt go out to eat, didnt go cinema etc. i went through my entire university without making a single friend (out of choice as i do not feel any desire for friendship with non bhagats). however near me there are very few gursikhs. there are some and i know most of them, however they either choose to keep to themselves or i have personally found it negative for me to be with them so i stopped interactions. by negative i mean they were more political or into showing off and whatnot, not really into strong bhagti.

I now find that i am literally isolated... when my naam abhiyaas is going alright then im still ok, but when i slip then i start feeling quite alone and also struggling keeping up with sikhi. I do continous ardaas but i remain in this predicament. i try to go to each months rainsabai and any other keertans wen i can but its not really enough. in my years in sikhi i have found it very hard to get to any real friendship with good gursikhs. most people know me as an acquaintance so i doubt people even realise i feel that way. I never realised this was meant to be such a lonely path.... i feel i am starting to go abit loopy with hardly any contact with anyone past very light interaction. can someone please give some advice.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: becoming increasingly isolated
February 20, 2013 12:10PM
You are lucky that you still get to go to rensabai everymonth. We don't even get it. All we get is ren sabai offshore once in a year. So consider your self lucky smiling smiley
Mere Veer nothing to Repent. Feel yourself Lucky.

Start doing things you wont find time to find if you are Isolated or Fully Occupied

1) Sehaj Paath
2) Keertan
February 20, 2013 12:44PM
guptone,
the following should encourage you?:
jaskirat
Sarbloh from new Angle.
February 20, 2013 03:41AM

In random conversation following amazing thought poped up. This thought should open up eyes of Manmukhs.

Paras Pathar has property to turn Iron to Gold. Wood, plastic etc... won't turn into Gold by Paras Pathar.

Similarly, Gurbani is Paras Kala. Amrit is prepared in Sarbloh. So, if Gursikh keep on drinking Gurbani and keeps Sarbloh phera, then you know the Golden Prakaash that will happen inside

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote
Kulbir Singh
Re: Sarbloh from new Angle.
February 20, 2013 06:19AM

Very beautiful thought on Sarbloh.

Kulbir Singh

the above was recently posted in this website, and I could not agree more because if you have the discipline to keep up with rehit, and life style, then loneliness should become solitude in joy, when you envision within the Sadh Sangat??
just don't slacken or compromise what needs to be done, as I did...because the maya misery that follows after shortlived happiness is not worth it
February 20, 2013 02:21PM
guptone,
i would like to add that you could consider moving to major Gursikh areas like Brampton,Canada..very loving Gurmukhs at Tapoban (and Ontario Darbar Gurdwara (hall no. 5), and transfer your credits? California has major sangat too, but high crime.. Just know that they do not plow the roads in Canada (as I sadly discovered during my most recent visit on Feb 16 2013, snowing so much yet not a single snow plower in sight!?)
also, do read Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, and Bhai Vir Singh Ji books on this message forum posting, "Sikhi books online"..
Finally, major ardas by Gurmukhs for unlucky ones like myself, to finally move to Gursikh Khalistan (in west at least, if not india)...would surely make big difference to walk kanio tikhi path with progress, instead of being stuck in step 0 or minus 0...:/
I could totally understand you. I know many Gursikhs who have done that. It is a hard path but you know what, this is actuallly the right path. I want to take inspiration from you that despite of everything you didnt go back to manmukh friends. You must have a lot of Kirpa! ^_^

And I would just say, do Ardaas to Guru Sahib ji to make you meet Gursikhs. Only He is the dooer, nothing is out of His control. If he wishes, a tyaar bar tyaar Gursikh might approch you! We say it in Ardaas everyday - Sae Pyaare Mel Jinha Mileya Tera Naam Chit Aave. Guru ji will surely hear the prayer.

And anyways what can we get from associating with Manmukhs. Bhagat Kabeer ji said that what can I talk about to you people, I only talk about God and you all dont even know about God.
How will you manage when you have to work and earn and have to deal with people who aren't like you? Stay where you are because you've been put there and that is where you need to be at the moment. No relationships last forever anyways even with other sikhs, you can try it, but believe me, you will be dissapointed at some stage, try to treat everyone equally, sikh or not, bhagat or not.

You go to uni and your teachers are probably not sikhs either but you still go there right because they have knowledge and you want to learn from them. Other people are there for the same reason too, that's one common thing between you and them. Find other things that are common and connect with them through those. Being devoted to waheguru doesnt mean you have to cut off ties with every one else who isn't. You can just set your limits and still form friendships with them but just know yourself and don't be influenced to do anything that is going to take you off your path. Be assertive and accepting, there is no one that is perfect in this world, not even you.
Isolation is natural for the seekers of spirituality.

But, we as a sikh have the responsibilities of walking with the society. They need us. We need them too as they are our fellow beings. They can inspire us on SIKHI path, in many ways. Learn from their experiences. Feel lucky. But, do not let them influence your state of mind. Keep GURBANI in heart and meet every body cheerfully. It is possible.

The moment you find them disturbing you, run away. It is win win situation always.
What you need is,...is a dog, if not a dog, then a rabbit.
Leafy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What you need is,...is a dog, if not a dog, then a
> rabbit.

joking aside these are serious question and concerns by guptone jeeo -i know a number of students in this situation - this is what helped them:

Sant Bindrawale use to say there is more grass than flowers in this world - guptone - most even gursikhs have egos so far so high that they are on cloud 9 - you cannot even talk to them about reality. You will find one or two in a million who will talk on your level - on your mind level until then we must pray do seva - paath,keep in chardi kala. Fitness is of extreme importance as it reduces this stress big time.

read on ::

ਕਬੀਰ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਖੀ ਭਇਓ ਉਡਿ ਉਡਿ ਦਹ ਦਿਸ ਜਾਇ ॥ ਜੋ ਜੈਸੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਸੋ ਤੈਸੋ ਫਲੁ ਖਾਇ ॥੮੬॥:
Kabeer manu pankhee bhaio oudi oudi dah dis jaai. Jo jaisee sangat milai
so taiso phal khaayi ||86||: Kabeer, the mind has become a bird
(i,e. mind's wanderings, Trishnaa etc.); it soars and flies in the ten directions (desires chasing sense objects).
According to the company it keeps, so are the fruits it eats ||86|| (sggs 1369).
<><><><>

Through the relationship we change. The Gurbani (Sri Guru Granth Sahib, SGGS) reveals to us that friendship with the fool — the false, corrupt, Manmukh (self-willed, a person in worldly consciousness etc.), wicked, pompous (proud or arrogant), unrighteous, untruthful, greedy, unfaithful and so on — is founded on false foundation, therefore, lasts "for only a few short days" and "never works out right". The implication is that if we have friends with good qualities or virtues, our nature will change accordingly. However, on the other hand, if we make friends with someone who has bad qualities, he (or she) will be a bad influence on us for such "friendship leads to corruption". Accordingly, the Great Souls tell us that one can tell who you are by the company you keep! Thus goes the popular proverbial expression "you are the company you keep".

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਸੇਤੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਥੋੜੜਿਆ ਦਿਨ ਚਾਰਿ ॥ ਇਸੁ ਪਰੀਤੀ ਤੁਟਦੀ ਵਿਲਮੁ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਇਤੁ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਚਲਨਿ ਵਿਕਾਰ ॥ ਜਿਨਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਚੇ ਕਾ ਭਉ ਨਾਹੀ ਨਾਮਿ ਨ ਕਰਹਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਨ ਸਿਉ ਕਿਆ ਕੀਚੈ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਜਿ ਆਪਿ ਭੁਲਾਏ ਕਰਤਾਰਿ ॥੧॥: Manmukh setee dosatee thorrarriaa din chaar. Is pareetee tuttadee vilam na hovee it dosatee chalan vikaar. Jinaa andar sache kaa bhaou naahee naam na karahi piaar. Nanak tin siou kiaa keechai dosatee ji aap bhulaaeaye karataar ||1||: Friendship with the Manmukhs lasts for only a few short days. This friendship is broken in an instant; this friendship leads to corruption. They (Manmukhs) do not fear (respect) the True Lord in their hearts, and they do not love the Naam, the Lord's Name; O Nanak, why become friends with these whom (as fruit of their own Karma) God Himself has forgotten (i.e. based on their own Karma they have separated themselves from God)? ||1|| (sggs 587).
ਨਾਲਿ ਕਿਰਾੜਾ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਕੂੜੈ ਕੂੜੀ ਪਾਇ ॥: Naal kiraarraa dosatee koorrai koorree paai: False is friendship with the false and greedy. False is its foundation (sggs 1412).
ਨਾਲਿ ਇਆਣੇ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਸਿ ॥: Naal iaanae dosatee kade na aavai raas: Friendship with a fool (ignorant, blockhead, etc.) never works out right (sggs 474).
ਨਾਲਿ ਇਆਣੇ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਵਡਾਰੂ ਸਿਉ ਨੇਹੁ ॥ ਪਾਣੀ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਲੀਕ ਜਿਉ ਤਿਸ ਦਾ ਥਾਉ ਨ ਥੇਹੁ ॥੪॥: Naal iaanae dosatee vadaaroo siou nehu. Paanee andar leek jiou tis daa thaaou n thehu ||4||: Friendship with a fool (ignorant, blockhead, etc.), and love with a worldly big person (ਦੁਨੀਆਵੀ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਵੱਡਾ, etc.) are like lines drawn in water, leaving no trace or mark. ||4|| (sggs 474).
ਦੁਸਟਾ ਨਾਲਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਨਾਲਿ ਸੰਤਾ ਵੈਰੁ ਕਰੰਨਿ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਡੁਬੇ ਕੁਟੰਬ ਸਿਉ ਸਗਲੇ ਕੁਲ ਡੋਬੰਨਿ ॥: dusataa naal dosatee naal santaa vair karann. Aap dubbe kuttanb siou sagalae kul dobann: Those who make friendships with the wicked, and harbor animosity to the Saints, will be drown (in the world-ocean) with their families, along with will be drowned their entire lineage (sggs 755).
Very stern warning indeed! The Gurbani is of the nature of Truth. However, our Haume (inflated ego) being the mother of falsehood does not like Truth. In the following verse, the Gurbani has used some more strong words, which will undoubted be detested by our Haume-mind and intellect. In this verse, those of us who make friends with the unrighteous are compared with thieves, adulterers, prostitutes and pimps. Because, often these characters are seen dining and wining with the unruly.

ਚੋਰਾ ਜਾਰਾ ਰੰਡੀਆ ਕੁਟਣੀਆ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ ॥ ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕਾ ਖਾਣੁ ॥: Choraa jaaraa randeeaa kuttaneeaa deebaan. Vedeenaa kee dosatee vedeenaa kaa khaan: Thieves, adulterers, prostitutes and pimps, make friendships with the unrighteous, and eat with the unrighteous (sggs 790).
Everything we see is in this world is perishable, thus temporary. Then why do most of us become attached to the fleeting worldly objects in the first place? The Gurbani provides us with the sure answer - false ego-sense (Haume). It is this false ego-sense that begets negative tendencies (Bikaar - ਬਿਕਾਰ) such as lust, anger, greed, emotional attachment, pride, enviousness, stubborn mindedness, doubts, and so on (i.e., all evil passions and their numerous variations). The material consciousness is very selfish indeed. The Gurbani declares that in this material world "all are concerned only with their own happiness". Not only that, the Gurbani also questions us "With whom should I become friends, if all the world shall pass away?" Our worldly consciousness (false ego-sense or Haume), however, may not agree to this Truth (specially when one is intoxicated with the youth), but that does not change Truth.

ਕਾਮਿ ਕ੍ਰੋਧਿ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਿ ਵਿਆਪੇ ਕੂੜ ਕੁਟੰਬ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਕਰੇ ॥: Kaam krodh ahankaar viaape koorr kuttanb siou preet kare: Engrossed in lust, anger and pride, he falls in love with his false relatives (sggs 1014).
ਮਿਥਿਆ ਭਰਮਿ ਭਰਮਿ ਬਹੁ ਭ੍ਰਮਿਆ ਲੁਬਧੋ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਕਲਤ੍ਰ ਮੋਹ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥: Mithiaa bharam bharam bahu bhramiaa lubadho putra kalatra moh preet: In false doubt, people wander all around, lured by love and emotional attachment to their children and families (sggs 1295).
ਝੂਠੈ ਕੀ ਰੇ ਝੂਠੁ ਪਰੀਤਿ ਛੁਟਕੀ ਰੇ ਮਨ ਛੁਟਕੀ ਰੇ ਸਾਕਤ ਸੰਗਿ ਨ ਛੁਟਕੀ ਰੇ ॥: Jhoothai kee re jhooth pareet shuttakee re mann shuttakee re saakat sang na shhuttakee re: False is the love of the false one; break the ties, O my mind, and your ties shall be broken. Break your ties with the faithless cynic (sggs 535).
ਕਿਸੁ ਨਾਲਿ ਕੀਚੈ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸਭੁ ਜਗੁ ਚਲਣਹਾਰੁ ॥: Kis naal keechai dosatee sabh jag chalanehaar: With whom should I become friends, if all the world shall pass away? (sggs 468).
ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਝੂਠੀ ਦੇਖੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥ ਅਪਨੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਖ ਸਿਉ ਸਭ ਲਾਗੇ ਕਿਆ ਦਾਰਾ ਕਿਆ ਮੀਤ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਮੇਰਉ ਮੇਰਉ ਸਭੈ ਕਹਤ ਹੈ ਹਿਤ ਸਿਉ ਬਾਧਿਓ ਚੀਤ ॥ ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਸੰਗੀ ਨਹ ਕੋਊ ਇਹ ਅਚਰਜ ਹੈ ਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ ਮਨ ਮੂਰਖ ਅਜਹੂ ਨਹ ਸਮਝਤ ਸਿਖ ਦੈ ਹਾਰਿਓ ਨੀਤ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਉਜਲੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਪਰੈ ਜਉ ਗਾਵੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਗੀਤ ॥੨॥੩॥੬॥੩੮॥੪੭॥: Devgandhaaree Mahalaa 9 || Jagat mai jhoothee dekhee preet. Apane hee sukh siou sabh laage kiaa daaraa kiaa meet. ||1|| rahaaou || Mero mero sabhai kahat hai hit siou baadhiou cheet. Ant kaal sangee nah kouoo ih acharaj hai reet ||1|| Mann moorakh ajahoo nah samajhat sikh dai haariou neet. Nanak bhoujal paar parai jo gaavai prabh kae geet ||2||3||6||38||47||: Devgandhaaree Mahalaa 9. In this world, I have seen love to be false. Whether they are spouses or friends, all are concerned only with their own happiness. ||1||Pause|| All say, ""Mine, mine"", and attach their consciousness to you with love. But at the very last moment, none will go along with you. How strange are the ways of the world! ||1|| The foolish mind has not yet reformed itself, although I have grown weary of continually instructing it. O Nanak, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean, singing the Songs of God ||2||3||6||38||47|| (sggs 536).
Friendship with the fools or the false (Manmukhs) indicates one's level of consciousness to be Mayaic (deluded, ignorant etc.). Accordingly, the Gurbani declares that "Friendship with the Manmukhs is an alliance with Maya." As a result, there cannot be found any lasting peace or happiness in such friendship. If we believe to obtain peace in such false friendship, then it's only our illusion (Maya). For the Maya is deceptive. The Gurbani tells us that the life of the Manmukh is a total waste, so is the friendship with him.

ਕੂੜੀ ਆਵੈ ਕੂੜੀ ਜਾਵੈ ਮਾਇਆ ਕੀ ਨਿਤ ਜੋਹਾ ॥: Koorree aavai koorree jaavai May kee nit johaa: False is his coming, and false is his going; he is continually on the lookout for Maya (sgga 960).

ਮਨਮੁਖਾ ਕੇਰੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਕਾ ਸਨਬੰਧੁ ॥: Manmukhaa keree dosatee Maya kaa sanbandh: Friendship with the Manmukhs is an alliance with Maya (sggs 959).
ਦੁਨੀਆ ਕੇਰੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਦਝਿ ਮਰੰਨਿ ॥: Duneeaa keree dosatee manmukh dajhi maranni: Making worldly friendships (the love of Maya), the Manmukhs (self-willed ...) burn and die (destroy their spiritual life - ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਸਾੜ ਕੇ ਸੁਆਹ ਕਰ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ). (sggs 755).
ਮਨਮੁਖ ਸਉ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸੁਖ ਕਿ ਪੁਛਹਿ ਮਿਤ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਉ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਉ ਲਾਇ ਚਿਤੁ ॥ ਜੰਮਣ ਮਰਣ ਕਾ ਮੂਲੁ ਕਟੀਐ ਤਾਂ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਵੀ ਮਿਤ ॥੬੬॥: Manmukh saou kar dosatee sukh ki pushahi mit. Gurmukh saou kar dosatee Satgur saou laai chit. Jamman maran kaa mool katteeai taan sukh hovee mit ||66||: O friend, If you make friends with the Manmukhs, how can you ask for Peace ( ਆਤਮਕ ਆਨੰਦ)? Make friends with the Gurmukhs, and focus your consciousness on the Satguru. (This Way when) the root of birth and death is cut away, then, you will find Ppeace ( ਆਤਮਕ ਆਨੰਦ) ||66|| (sggs 1421).
ਵਿਆਪਿਆ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਕੁਬੁਧਿ ਕੁਮੂੜਾ ਮਨਿ ਲਾਗਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਮੋਹਾ ॥ ਠਗੈ ਸੇਤੀ ਠਗੁ ਰਲਿ ਆਇਆ ਸਾਥੁ ਭਿ ਇਕੋ ਜੇਹਾ ॥: Biaapiaa durmat kubudh kumooraa man laagaa tis moha. Thagai setee thag ral aayaa sath bhee iko jehaa: The evil fool is engrossed in evil-mindedness and false intellectualizations; his mind is attached to (Maya, etc.). Such deceiver or thieve (ਠੱਗ), joins with similar deceiver or thieve (ਠੱਗ); it is a gathering of like minds (sggs 960).
How does one become the false in the first place? "Forgetting the Naam, one becomes the most false of all the false", answers the Gurbani. The Gurbani also reveals to us specific signs of such a person.

ਨਾਮਿ ਬਿਸਾਰਿਐ ਸਭੁ ਕੂੜੋ ਕੂਰਿ ॥: Naam visaariai sabh koorho koori: Forgetting the Naam, one becomes the most false of all the false (sggs 226).
ਮੂਰਖੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੋ ਸੁਣੈ ਮੂਰਖ ਕਾ ਕਹਣਾ ॥ ਮੂਰਖ ਕੇ ਕਿਆ ਲਖਣ ਹੈ ਕਿਆ ਮੂਰਖ ਕਾ ਕਰਣਾ ॥ ਮੂਰਖੁ ਓਹੁ ਜਿ ਮੁਗਧੁ ਹੈ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੇ ਮਰਣਾ ॥ ਏਤੁ ਕਮਾਣੈ ਸਦਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਦੁਖ ਹੀ ਮਹਿ ਰਹਣਾ ॥: Moorakh hovai so sunai moorakh kaa kahanaa. Moorakh ke kiqa lakhan hai kiaa moorakh kaa karnaa. Moorakh oh jo mughad hai ahankaare marnaa. et kamaanai sadaadukh dukh hee mahi rahanaa: Only a fool listens to the words of the fool. What are the signs (ਲੱਛਣ) of the fool? What does the fool do (ਮੂਰਖ ਦੀ ਕਰਤੂਤ)? A fool is stupid (Maya stricken); he dies of false ego-sense (ਆਤਮਕ ਮੌਤੇ ਮਰਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ, his spiritual life is dead). (In intoxication of Maya and egotism, whatever he does) his actions always bring him pain; he lives in pain (sggs 953).
Then, what's the enduring friendship? If we want to move in life in Nanak-like consciousness, the Gurbani's instruction is to make friends with God. The goal of any relationship is to get to know the other better. But that's a little tricky with God, since we can't just go out for a cup of tea with Him and chat about every little thing (although He is always with us!). That's why, to learn about Him and to know Him the best way, we are advised by the Gurbani to hang out with His Gurmukhs (Enlightened Beings) more often and become the Gurmukhs ourselves. God reveals Himself to the Gurmukhs. Also, the Gurbani urges to focus "consciousness on the Satguru".

ਹਰਿ ਇਕਸੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਮੈ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਹਰਿ ਇਕਸੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਮੈ ਰੰਗੁ ॥: Har eikasai naal mai dhosathee har eikasai naal mai rang: My friendship is with the One Lord alone; I am in love with the One Lord alone (sggs 958).
ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਉ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਉ ਲਾਇ ਚਿਤੁ ॥: Gurmukh so kar dosatee satgur saou laai chit: Make friends with the Gurmukhs, and focus your consciousness on the Satguru (sggs 1421).
ਦੀਸੈ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਚੁ ਲਹੀਐ ॥: Deesai braham gurmukh sach laheeai: Behold God; the Truth is revealed to the Gurmukh (sggs 353).
I wasn't joking at all. This guy said that he feels isolated and alone. He could look into adopting a pet, pets can make a persons life more cheerful and cut down on a person's loneliness, and they are great stress relievers too. I just offered a different yet practical alternative.
Yeah but we also live in this world and God lives in every being. You cannot just go on dismissing people because you think they aren't gurmukh. If waheguru wanted us to be alone He wouldn't of have created the world and put us among all sorts of people and beings.....Wouldn't He of have just maybe created one planet for one person to be living on alone?! But He hasn't because He wants us to live among others and not isolated or alone. Waheguru can come into your life in the form of someone or something, after all He is present in all and in everything right...even the rocks cry out to the Lord, I am sure He hears them too....
It's become a lonely path because maybe you are denying the opportunity to accept people as they are and are only wanting to accept people who aren't amritdari. If that is what waheguru wanted us to do then He would have made sure that people who aren't amritdari aren't even able to be in our surroundings. You ulitmately will have to learn to see the good in those who you might right now think are not following a path identical to that of your own. Life is too short for creating divisions and living in our own separate worlds. We simply cannot grow living like that.

Try to be more accepting and that will build your tolerance, because God wants us to have a strong tolerance for every kind of a thing. Whether it be tolerance to accept someone swearing at you in your face over somethng very small or tolerance for accepting great suffering and then surrendering to waheguru and saying that waheguru even this is happening in Your will.

Please put aside this rigid frame of reference through which you are viewing the world. In every heart is waheguru seated. If waheguru is able to listen to the prayer of an ant and respond to its plea and He chooses to do so even though He is biggest power and nothin is beyond Him and yet He still does not ignore even a small ant, then how can you just think that you are above or better than a person who isn't amritdari an so therefore they are of no value to have any association with?

Try to serve everyone in on way or other thinking that you are serving waheguru, that you're serving the waheguru seated inside this being, then you will feel happiness from that. It will give you a sense of satisfaction, a relief.

Be positive, be grateful for all those that are around you. In life there can be circumstances when you might be in need of desperate help and you might not get it from someone you really thought would be there for you, but you might get it from the least expected person.
Getting married and having children is another remedy for isolation. Every body marries in general. Our life partners are made for that purpose. ----------------------------JEEVAN SATHI.
Never judge a book by its cover - God abides in everyone and if you are a gursikh you should know that better than anyone.

In Waheguru's eyes everyone is equal.
Sorry in my previous post I meant to write are not aren't in the first sentence.
Vaheguru Jee

Veer jee, which country and area do you live in. I am sure we can put you in contact with local Gursikhs.

Manvir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login