ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dealing with Nirankari relatives especially when they are much dear

Posted by gurvitohkurbaan 
Vahiguroo ji ka Khalsa
Vahiguroo ji ki Fatehh

Relationships become strained when you have some of your closest and dearest relatives share beliefs that strongly contradict yours.

Before taking amrit and joining the Khalsa panth, it did not matter to me what my relatives believe. For instance I had a grandmother who was an ardent devotee of Durga and a grandfather who knew Vedas, Koran, Gurbani and read Tantric and other gians and did a lot of Gurbani paath. My parents though non practising Sikhs were keshadharis.

It all changed after we were given Amrit and joined the Khalsa Panth.

However I have a dear bua who is married to a non practising Nirankari husband. Though her husband isn't that kind of a bhagat of the Nirankari Guru, his parents are ardent devotees. If I try to severe all my ties with my bua, it means I'm hurting her sentiments for she played a great motherly role in my early life. It should be noted that my bua is not a Nirankari herself and does not live with her in-laws who are in India. The fact that they are visiting India for the first time after our family has taken Amrit trembles me.

How to deal with such a situation?

Dass
Harleen Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
If you Bhua jee herself is not a follower of so called Nirankari faith, then the Akal Takhat Sahib's Hukamnama of not keeping Saanjh with Nirankaris would not be applicable on you.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login