ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there any solution to my problem?

Posted by preet kaur 
I am born in sikh family and i have a father who drinks a lot and when hes drunk he trouble us alot. ever since im able to see or hear i have seen him getting frunk yelling at my mom and beating her. when i was a kid i used to be so scared and was afraid to go to sleep because i thought he would kill her. every night he used to come home drunk and my mom used to stand outside in cold or hot weather to wait for him so when he get home we just let him enetr in so he wont stop his scooter outside and make noise. it was so horrible that she used to wait all night for him just to see so much trauma and get beaten by him. every morning she had bruises on her face and whole night me and my brother used to cry and beg him to stop but he never listened. many years passed and we cam in american when i was 16 and his drinking habbit did not stopped just instead of drinking every day he started drinking three times a week and now here he started targeting my brother too and would call him bad names and insult him as much he can. i usualy stayed in my room cuz mom and bro didnt wanted him to bother me. back in india i used to get home from school and had this fear and sinking feelings always that my father will come home and will trouble mom beat her and make us suffer more. and now im almost 24 years old and he still did not stopped drinking and recently he started targeting me too, about few weeks ago he blamed me and my mom that we tried to strangle his neck. we didnt even touch him , my brother pushed him because he was getting on him. my brother is 26 and he is not kid anymore he fights back with him now and im afraid he will hurt him so bad one day that we will regret.
I know my father urt us alot but i want him to change but i dont know how?

and my second problem is my brohter, over all these years he had completely controlled my life, i cant go anywhere and its like a jail. he accuse me of things i have never done i think he has paranoid personailty disorder, he suspect eevrything and he thinks everybody is wrong. he check my phone calls and always suspect me. in all these troubles i have forgotten my life and just stay quiet and try to avoid eveyrbody but my brother bug me alot too. i dont like talking to him ebcause he has accused me many time and was always wrong, he would hurt me and then apologize and then do it again. i feels like im in jail and more than my father i dont like seeing him.

all these years i have never made a single decision of my life whihc will brings me happinese, all these years i have been a daughter and sister everybody wants, never lived for myself and staying in my room and reading books to find a way to make me more strong and i just dont know.

my brother has problesm with my freinds too who are girls, he tells me they are not good girls they have boyfreind stay away from them and now i dont even have freinds.

my life is just school to house and house to school, he neevr let me go anywhere, every single thing he tries to control.
sometime i wanna rebel and just leave this house and kill myself but then i dont wanna hurt my mother more she has been and going through a hell.

I dont know what can i do to make my father a better person and make my brother realize that he has no right to control sombodys life, just like him, im human being too. every time sombody question him he gets mad and tells its his life and same thing i try to ask and then i get answer that im a girl thats my fault.

if every human is in waheguru form why my mom and im being punished.i know my brother is suffering too because of my father but im being suffered by two men in my house, and how am i gonna see a better future for myself if all these years i have seen all this in my life?

and i understand everybody comes to pay their own karma and i accept it and some how all these abuse in my life is making me spiritualy strong, i just need to help my mother and also my brother because when he gets marry tommroow and if he keeps suspecting his wife the way he does to me, his relationship wont last longer.

just guide me what can i do? how do i remove so much kalesh from my house?
thank you
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

Can you please pm me your email.. Just send me a private message..., so I can help you.. I am anxious to help you..

Don't ever commit suicide.... please I promise you there is a better future.. There is always hope

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
Waheguru,

Bhenji Preet Kaur Jee, we empathize with your pain and the troubled times your family have been going through.

As Bhenji Singhni has mentioned, send her Private Message and get in touch with her. There is lot of Chardi Kala Sangat in America, contact the local Sangat in your near by Gurudwara and personally meet the Elder Singhs and Singhnias. Talk to them and I am sure they will work out a Chardi Kala solution for your family.

Difficult times are always there in everyone's life. But having faith in Waheguru during testing times makes such diffculties less painful. You have to take inspiration from your Mother as to how she cope up all these years. Your Mother never lost hope and fulfilled her responsibilities well.

Now you have grown up and you need to take care of your Mother. So you should Not think of stupid things like suicide and bad stuff like that. This will bring more pain to your Mother. Sikhs are known to stand against Tough Times. No matter how long that time is.

In such difficult times people of other faith take shelter of Drugs and other bad stuff. But Sikhs take shelter of NAAM. So connect with Gurbani, have faith in Waheguru and HE will pull you & your family out of troubled times.

I personally believe that Waheguru has too many good things for you in store. Waheguru brought you to America and has given a opportunity to you to stand on your own feet and have a good life for yourself. Back in India in such scenarios, most of the time, Girls have to rely on Male member of the family for everything. In such difficult times there is so much of social and peer pressure in India. Comparitively at least in America you can get yourself well educated, find a good job, stand on your own feet and have a respectful life.

Do not worry about having or not having friends. Connect with Gursikh families in your locality, they are your real friends. For a Sikh, the Sangat is ultimate friends and rest of the people are just acquainted persons. Gursikh sangat can provide chardi kala solutions to all problem and rest of the people give manmat solutions.

Take Har ki oat and make your Janam Sohela. Believe in Waheguru everything will be fine.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Just wanted to say 1 thing... The pots which are beaten most from inside are the pots which turned out to be the most beautiful one's..!!!
Just don't loose hope... And leave everything to your father( guru gobind singh ji)...
sighni jee, i sent you Pm.

jaskirat jee... Its not easy for me to stand on my feet, all the suffering has made me so unworthy that i am even having a hard time getting a job after graduating so i really need a miracle. I was hoping if there is something I can do like a certain path because sometime I feels like my father see things when he is drunk, its like he talk to someone, I know as a sikh we should not believe in jadoo tuna but my father listen to his one freind more than his family and this freind has been known to have contact with people who black magick. even in the gurdwara sahib I cant get help because Im afraid then eevrybody will find out what goes in our house and it will bring more pain to my mother who has always hid everything to save so called reputation of my father and this family.

and charanjeet singh jee, I know, all these suffering has made me strong enough to endure everything, its just some days I lose hope and dwell into depression.

and thank you for replying everybody.
Bhen jeeo- your story pains the heart - will pray for you- may Guru sahib do kirpa- but as a start:

Please do 108 mool mantar jaaps a day - and extend to listen or read Sukhmani Sahib once a day- as a start - once a week if you have to ..this kind of thing only Guru Jee can create the miracle and any help from singhs or singhnia in your area.
Vahegurooo

May Guru Sahib do kirpa and soon resolve the issues that are giving you so much dukh in your life. But rest assured that no problem in this world is unsolvable, and that no one who begs before Satguru ji ever is turned away empty handed.

The following is a letter written by Bhai Randhir Singh jee to a sad young bibi a long time ago. At the end of the letter Bhai Sahib gave the young bibi a list of shabads that she should make it a habit to sing to keep her spirits in chardeekala. Please read it and perhaps try to apply the advice in your own life.

Vaheguru understands the dukhee of every suffering heart. Stay strong bhenjee. You are not alone.

Ik Oankaaar
Vaahiguru jee kaa Khalsa|| Vaahiguru jee kee fateh||
Kumaarhatii

ਅਸਥਿਰਰਹਹੁਡੋਲਹੁਮਤਕਬਹੂਗੁਰਕੈਬਚਨਿਅਧਾਰਿ ॥ ਜੈਜੈਕਾਰੁਸਗਲਭੂਮੰਡਲਮੁਖਊਜਲਦਰਬਾਰ ॥੩॥ (pg 678)

My suffering, most beloved royal child! I have received your anguished letter. I read it and my heart was saddened to no limit. My consciousness was moved and immersed itself in ardaas. From Nitnem, naam abhyaas, and in keertan, my consciousness was very saddened and I was lost in compassion for you. Whatever gurvaak's struck me as being suitable for you, today I have written down. The humble thought that kept arising automatically was that nothing bad can happen to this "bachee raaNee" (royal child). So I've sent all the baaNee with this letter. You too should read this baaNee attentively and let it reside in your heart and go in Chardee Kalaa.

Child, Satguru jee will give his hand and protect you. Shaabaash! You didn't bow before that fake Baba. Wherever you went, you did not falter. This is a sign of your solemn and deep Gurmukh-nature. But child, you showed a weakness: after receiving Khanday Batay kaa Amrit of Guru Kalgeedhar jee from the hands of the Punj Pyaaray, you still drank the mantar-water from that Baba, which you call "amrit".

ਨਾਨਕਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁਏਕੁਹੈਦੂਜਾਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁਨਾਹਿ ॥ (pg 1238)

The Guru's tyaar-bar-tyaar amritdhari souls should not be satisfied with this type of lowly water. Child, if you hadn't already shown weakness by removing your keskee, then Sree Dashmesh jee would have come to your help and you would have remained every breath in Chardee Kalaa. You would not have even gone near these false-hocus-pocus hypocrites at the advice of your family.

ਸੁਖੁਦੁਖੁਤੇਰੀਆਗਿਆਪਿਆਰੇਦੂਜੀਨਾਹੀਜਾਇ ॥੩॥ (p. 432)

This means, sickness comes to all bodies, which are cured according to his divine will. But that massive pain which you have felt, and hearing from you child, I too have felt now, is that your consciousness has stopped from naam abhyaas and won't do it at all. This is due to some hidden mistake of yours. But child, don't become overwhelmed with too much pain. However your naam goes, make an effort to do it. If it doesn't happen automatically, then repeat it with your tongue.

Day after tomorrow, on Sangrand, I'll do an ardaas for you. Satguru jee will help his child. May Satguru jee give me the chance and fortune to hear loving and vairaag filled keertan from your voice again. Satguru jee will help you and fulfil you.

The fact that you didn't bow before that Baba and didn't eat meat or eggs at the advice of your fallen family members [which they believed would help her health] and didn’t falter is a sign of Guru jee's great happiness with you. Child, a naam-abhyaasee's lungs can never be weak. May Satuguru jee give you wisdom so that you can engage yourself in naam's khanda again. No pain or disease will come near you. My blessings are with you. You should not worry. All these sorrows and tortures will be eliminated. May Satguru jee give you faith, conviction and confidence and may he never let you falter.

Child, never forget baaNee:

ਜੈਤਨਿਬਾਣੀਵਿਸਰਿਜਾਇ ॥ ਜਿਉਪਕਾਰੋਗੀਵਿਲਲਾਇ ॥੧॥

May Satguru jee give you even more keertan than before. I hope Satguru jee will make you able and healthy to come to the Delhi Samaagam. I, then, will be very fulfilled and you too will be happy. Child! If you give up worry of pride and honour in front of the world and the nonsense of the faithless, your keertan will go in even more chardee kalaa.

Do ardaas and adorn yourself with a keskee again. Become the wise daughter of Sree Dashmesh jee. Don't keep any other hope in yourself. Satguru jee will give you a Gurmukh husband. Don't try to be too smart [i.e. taking off my keskee will help me find a husband]. Now, with total concentration, repeat the shabads I've attached and also do the khanda of naam. Keep this list of shabads with you at all times. Nothing bad will be able to come near you.

On September 26 I will be leaving Kumarhatti and the next morning I will arrive in Ludhiana. There, in Model Town, house number 126, on September 30 and Octobers 1st and 2nd, there will be an akhand paath smaagam for the birth of my new-born grandson. This will be at the house of my son, Balbeer Singh. The Sangat will gather there. There too your ardaas will be done. On October 6th, with the entire Jatha, we will arrive in Delhi. From October 6th to the 14th, there will be a non-stop smaagam in Delhi. May Satguru jee give you the ability to come and join the smaagam by that time. Now you should return to your residence in Delhi and stay with the Sangat.

Aap daa att piaar kuthRaa,

Randheer Singh

The Shabads Bhai Sahib sent to this Bibi are as follows:

1) ਸਿਮਰਿਸਿਮਰਿਗੁਰੁਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਅਪਨਾਸਗਲਾਦੂਖੁਮਿਟਾਇਆ ॥ (p. 619)

2) ਜਿਸੁਮਨਿਵਸੈਤਰੈਜਨੁਸੋਇ ॥ (p. 184)

3) ਸੂਕੇਹਰੇਕੀਏਖਿਨਮਾਹੇ ॥ (p. 191)

4) ਤਾਪਗਏਪਾਈਪ੍ਰਭਿਸਾਂਤਿ ॥ (p. 191)

5) ਮਿਰਤਕਕਉਪਾਇਓਤਨਿਸਾਸਾਬਿਛੁਰਤਆਨਿਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥ (p. 614)

6) ਸਾਂਤਿਭਈਗੁਰਗੋਬਿਦਿਪਾਈ ॥ (p. 200)

7) ਸਗਲੇਦੂਖਮਿਟੇਸੁਖਦੀਏਅਪਨਾਨਾਮੁਜਪਾਇਆ ॥ (p. 1338)

8) ਅਨਿਕਜਤਨਨਹੀਹੋਤਛੁਟਾਰਾ ॥ ਬਹੁਤੁਸਿਆਣਪਆਗਲਭਾਰਾ ॥ (p. 178)

9) ਮੇਰਾਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਰਖਵਾਲਾਹੋਆ ॥ (p. 620)

10) ਜਨਮਜਨਮਕੇਦੂਖਨਿਵਾਰੈਸੂਕਾਮਨੁਸਾਧਾਰੈ ॥ (p. 618)

11) ਸੂਖਮੰਗਲਕਲਿਆਣਸਹਜਧੁਨਿਪ੍ਰਭਕੇਚਰਣਨਿਹਾਰਿਆ ॥ (p. 619)

12) ਗਏਕਲੇਸਰੋਗਸਭਿਨਾਸੇਪ੍ਰਭਿਅਪੁਨੈਕਿਰਪਾਧਾਰੀ ॥ (p. 619)

13) ਨਾਨਕਸੋਈਸਿਮਰੀਐਹਰਿਜੀਉਜਾਕੀਕਲਧਾਰੀਰਾਮ ॥ (p. 543-544)

14) ਦੂਖਰੋਗਭਏਗਤੁਤਨਤੇਮਨੁਨਿਰਮਲੁਹਰਿਹਰਿਗੁਣਗਾਇ ॥ (p. 373)

15) ਬਖਸਿਆਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮਪਰਮੇਸਰਿਸਗਲੇਰੋਗਬਿਦਾਰੇ ॥ (p. 620)

16) ਭਏਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲਸੁਆਮੀਮੇਰੇਤਿਤੁਸਾਚੈਦਰਬਾਰਿ ॥ (p. 620)

17) ਸੰਤਹੁਹਰਿਹਰਿਨਾਮੁਧਿਆਈ ॥ (p. 620)

18) ਤਾਪਪਾਪਤੇਰਾਖੇਆਪ ॥ (p. 825)

19) ਜੀਅਜੁਗਤਿਵਸਿਪ੍ਰਭੂਕੈਜੋਕਹੈਸੁਕਰਨਾ ॥ (p. 818)

20) ਅਵਰਿਉਪਾਵਸਭਿਤਿਆਗਿਆਦਾਰੂਨਾਮੁਲਇਆ ॥ (p. 817)

21) ਚਰਨਕਮਲਪ੍ਰਭਹਿਰਦੈਧਿਆਏ ॥ (p. 806)

22) ਸਾਂਤਿਪਾਈਗੁਰਿਸਤਿਗੁਰਿਪੂਰੇ ॥ (p. 806)

23) ਤਾਪਸੰਤਾਪਸਗਲੇਗਏਬਿਨਸੇਤੇਰੋਗ ॥ (p. 807)

24) ਛੋਡਿਸਗਲਸਿਆਣਪਾਮਿਲਿਸਾਧਤਿਆਗਿਗੁਮਾਨੁ ॥ (p. 1006)

25) ਆਪਨਾਪ੍ਰਭੁਆਇਆਚੀਤਿ ॥ (p. 826)

26) ਗੋਬਿਦੁਸਿਮਰਿਹੋਆਕਲਿਆਣੁ ॥ (p. 826).
This is wonderful <3
ns44 jee .. thank you i will try to do my best to keep myself in gurbani.
sk jee.. thank you for the shabads i really appreciate it.
Preet Kaur bhenji,

may I suggest that you get counseling so you are able to open up and tell a psychiatrist about all the problems you have to face and how it has affected you emotionally? I think counseling for your dad is much needed at the moment.

Rab Rakha!

-Daas
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

The printed copies of that letter of Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh Ji, which SK Bhein Ji has posted in English, are available at Delhi and Amritsar. That is beautiful small publication with Shabads and photo of original handwritten letter. Anybody who likes to have that can contact, please.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji De Parkash Diwas Dee Wadhai Hove Jee.
The shabads mentioned in the letter are mostly from the bani Dukh Bhajani Sahib, so you can try to do paath of that bani as well.
everybody thanks for replying and I have started doing path and now im at much peace. I guess I should have understand the value of doing path.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login