ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to check this happen?

Posted by MB Singh 
How to check this happen?
November 21, 2012 10:24AM
Today at about 7 pm, I see a group of foreigner tourists in Harminder Sahib and when I was outside, I saw them boarding Rickshaws. Two of the women were sitting in one rickshaw and one of them was smoking. And then she gave the cigarette to other one. Avoiding the smoke, I hurriedly asked the lady, if she was keeping the cigarettes with her, when she was inside the temple.

She said, "Yes, but I did not smoke inside. I smoked before going inside. Do you want one?"
I said, "No. How many of you are here in this group."
"We are thirty" She told.
Did all of them kept cigarette packs in pockets".
One of them said, "yes all thirty" and the other said, "ten".
I told them that it is prohibited to take cigarettes inside and their Rickshaw moved, mean while.

It is very painful, to know what I have shared here. Thousands of non sikh visitors/tourists visit Harminder Sahib daily. There are one or two, small sign boards, to advise to not take tobacco/cigarettes inside. But there is no strict vigil to prevent it happen.

Once a VEER JI, told me that if we request the visitors coming to LANGAR HALL, to keep tobacco/cigarettes outside; it will fill big baskets with this material.

-------------------------I have no words to comment on this situation. WE must need to devise solution to it.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Yes, the bags that tourist bring can contain such stuff. Having done sewa in the sangats luggage keeping myself , they are NEVER checked.

Chota veer
Re: How to check this happen?
November 22, 2012 03:07AM
The way we tell to cover head, switch-off mobile, remove socks etc.... In the same way this needs to be conveyed to the crowd.

> Putting Big signboards annoucing prohibited products at Entrance, Luggage Counter, Langar Hall and in other places where it is highly visible.
> Putting Digital Signboards annoucing prohibited products. (the kind of digital signs which we see in Subway, Airports or Railway Stations).

Also the Signboards should be in multiple languages (as much as possible). Other option is using Pictures with Cross-Mark to show prohibited products.

In the worst case the Sevadaars who control sangat traffic entering Darbar should keep on announcing this. I have seen them, many times, saying, “ Switch Off Cameras”, “No taking pictures inside”, “Switch of mobile”. I don’t understand why they shy away from announcing “No Tobacco products allowed”.

Go and talk to someone in the SGPC office and let us know what is their reply on this.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Re: How to check this happen?
November 22, 2012 09:22PM
MB Singh
But there is no strict vigil to prevent it happen.

I totally agree with you but people/ sevaadaars can't check everyones bags/luggage before entering incase they have any tobacco/cigarettes on them.

Sukhsehaj Kaur
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login