Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HURRICANE SANDY

Posted by ks 
HURRICANE SANDY
October 29, 2012 01:27PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
How is Jasjit Singh and other Guru Pyareo in NYC, and New Jersey, preparing for severe hurricane, and snowstorms?
I am doing ardas, and humbly request for Guru Jio Pyarey Parwasa to intercede for your more effective ardas..so Guru Ghar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jio..children, family of Guru Pyareo will be safe, and not affected as New Orleans Gurdwara...our family Larivaar Gurbani (donated to this Gurdwara after demise of mother, was washed in dirty water...as sangat, and Giani Jio left, but did not take Gurbani with them...when evacuation orders were given....as it is with NYC and NJ now..
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: HURRICANE SANDY
October 29, 2012 02:58PM
Its pretty bad in New Jersey and New York already even before land fall of Sandy. Here in Boston its bad enough but not as bad as the other 2 states.

Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo, please let us know how're you and other Sangtaan doing...
October 29, 2012 03:24PM
Guru Piyario,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Daas was just checking out finally before electricity cut off. Weather is getting worse hour by hour, will become life threating tonight with severe wind, rainfall and flooding from coastal area. Life is at stall in world’s busiest city New York. No transportation, all schools businesses are closed in all three states. Almost all major roads and bridges are shut down. Electricity is going down soon.

We are fully prepared to accept Guru Sahib’s Bhana. We planned to have Gurbani paath recitation during these hours and hope for Guru Sahib’s kirpa. Thanks for your Ardaas and thinking of well wishes for tri state Singh Singhnia.

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
October 29, 2012 03:47PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Waheguru rakha to you all Veer Jasjit Singh Jio, and Veer Mehtab Singh Jio...I have been through hurricane George (only cat 3 but did extensive damage) in Mississippi.
Asked my masi in Seattle to do ardas, and she replied, that what is His Hukam has to occur, as with Sri Darbar Sahib...we just have to hang on to Gurbani/ Naam svaas svaas..
May Waheguru Jio weaken Sandy (as He did with hurricane George), before landfall...so Gurbani, Gurdwaras, and His parwasa will be safe..
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
October 29, 2012 04:02PM
New Jersey and New York are the states with the highest abortion rates in America. These states are simply baring the fruit of their karma. Hopefully Gursikhs, in these areas continune reciting Gurbani during these turbulent times so they can endure Karmas wrath. Prayers are with sangat from these areas.
October 30, 2012 12:50AM
Sukhdeep Singh
New Jersey and New York are the states with the highest abortion rates in America. These states are simply baring the fruit of their karma.

This reminds me of one relevant story which I heard in childhood and never heard of it ever again.

Once upon a time a man was walking on hilly mountain with dangerous terrains. On the contour of this hill was a very narrow road where vehicle use to ply. Sun was about to set and it was going to be dark soon. The weather was getting rough and it was likely to be raining soon. The man was really tired as he was walking since morning. He did prayer to Lord to send some help. After finishing evening prayers he again started walking.

Within few minutes he heard honk of a vehicle behind him. He waved the bus to stop and thanked Lord for sending help soon. He saw displeasing eyes staring at him as he boarded the bus. The bus was already full and nobody offered him space to sit. Well journey continued and he thanked Lord again for at least providing space to stand in bus.

The bus would have travelled only little far when newly boarded man shouted at driver to watch out for the heavy boulder rolling down from the mountain. The driver squeezed the brakes on time and the boulder missed the bus by an inch. The seated passengers watched that man in baffle. It was already dark and everyone on the bus were eager to reach their destination. The journey continued and soon the bus became punctured this time. To their dismay all passenger started blaming that man who had boarded the bus on hill. Well, that man listened silently to all the rough words of fellow passengers. The tyre was replaced and journey continued.

It was only few minutes, the bus would have gone little far, when strong wind started blowing. The window panes of the bus were getting strong slaps of gushing wind. Soon the heavy rain started pouring with lightening striking here and there on the hill. Many times the lighting striked near the bus but every time missed by an inch. To their bewilderment passengers saw lightening striked one nearby tree on the hill. There was a huge flash of fire and tree was turned into ashes in a moment.

Somebody shouted from the crowd that all this misfortune has started since the time this man has boarded the bus. “Yes, take him out of the bus”, shouted another one from the crowd. There was sudden uproar inside bus. All passenger were determined to throw him out of the bus. The driver had no choice other than to stop the bus and ask that man to get down. The man in humble voice agreed to everyone’s wish and stepped out of the bus in heavy rain.

The man covered his head making his bag as an umbrella. But all in vain, he was already drenched as soon as he stepped out of the bus. Being tired of walking whole day and standing in bus, he thought of taking rest. He thought anyway he cannot continue walking in the rain and the road was also not visible under the dark clouds. The man was under perplexed thoughts when he heard a shout. There was a shepherd yelling at him from under the big rock on the side of the road.

The shepherd yelled, “Why you got out of bus in the heavy rain. Now don’t stand in rain, come take shelter under this rock otherwise you will get sick”. The man joined the shepherd and thanked Lord that bus stopped near this big cave like rock where he can take some rest. The shepherd offered dry cloth to the man to wipe of his wet face. The man was drying himself when he saw a big flash of light at round the corner at certain distance on the hill. The man asked shepherd what just happened.

Seeing the man’s Gol Dastaar, Healthy Beard, Blue Bana and Long Kripaan. Shepherd said, “Guess what ! Sardar Jee, if you would have been in that bus all would have been saved. The lightening striked the bus this time, killing everyone on board”.

So all NYC and NJ people will be saved becuase of subh karam of few Gursikhs. Waheguru !

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
October 30, 2012 02:22AM
Sukhdeep
New Jersey and New York are the states with the highest abortion rates in America. These states are simply baring the fruit of their karma.
I dont think its your place or anyones place to judge/speculate...why Nirankaar is doing what he is doing through mother nature.
Acheh, in Indonesia had 250 000 deaths in 2004, due to tsunami. The are peaceful people with asian values(much better than western values).

Chota veer
October 30, 2012 06:18AM
16 dead in US and 1 in Canada
October 30, 2012 10:17AM
Vaheguru! Looking at the pics, looks pretty bad. Still we should be thankful it was not a Tsunami.
October 30, 2012 11:50AM
Katak Pooranmaashi of 2012 became historic for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut residents. This storm is said to be historic one in this area due to its magnitude. Although the devastating storm passed away now but took toll of close to 20 lives in the area and still counting on. The magnitude storm had death numbers are said to be very few.

Guru Sahib did Apaar kirpa that casualties remain very minimal. We were among the fortunate one who had minimum impact from this storm despite the fact we were in the radius of direct hit. While storm was whining outside Bhujjangis were on their peak to Gur shabad with blend of Gurbani Kirtan:

ਆਪੇ ਸਬਦੁ ਆਪੇ ਨੀਸਾਨੁ ॥
ਆਪੇ ਸੁਰਤਾ ਆਪੇ ਜਾਨੁ ॥
ਆਪੇ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖੈ ਤਾਣੁ ॥
ਤੂ ਦਾਤਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥੧॥
ਐਸਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਦੇਉ ॥
ਹਉ ਜਾਚਿਕੁ ਤੂ ਅਲਖ ਅਭੇਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਧਰਕਟੀ ਨਾਰਿ ॥ ਭੂੰਡੀ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਕਾਮਣਿਆਰਿ ॥
ਰਾਜੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਝੂਠਾ ਦਿਨ ਚਾਰਿ ॥
ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਅੰਧਿਆਰਿ ॥੨॥
ਚਖਿ ਛੋਡੀ ਸਹਸਾ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਬਾਪੁ ਦਿਸੈ ਵੇਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਏਕੇ ਕਉ ਨਾਹੀ ਭਉ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਕਰਤਾ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਵੈ ਸੋਇ ॥੩॥
ਸਬਦਿ ਮੁਏ ਮਨੁ ਮਨ ਤੇ ਮਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਠਾਕਿ ਰਹੇ ਮਨੁ ਸਾਚੈ ਧਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਸੂਝੈ ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਵਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤੇ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਿਆ ॥੪॥੩॥

We are in debt to Sangat who did Ardaas for the Chardi kala for the sangat here and hope we can serve them all in near future. May Guru Sahib save us also in His Dargah.

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
October 30, 2012 01:27PM

I dont think its your place or anyones place to judge/speculate...why Nirankaar is doing what he is doing through mother nature.
Acheh, in Indonesia had 250 000 deaths in 2004, due to tsunami. The are peaceful people with asian values(much better than western values).

Indonesia is not as peaceful as you may assume its a breeding ground for terrorist like Al Quaida.

Bhai Sahib, we are not Deist. Our God is not indifferent to the affairs of humanity. Our God is our father he always plays a role in the affairs of his children. Abortion is a heinous crime those areas which perform such procedures are going to sooner or later meet karmas wrath. This is a theological topic if you are interested in discussing this issue then kindly start a separate thread. If you believe Sikhi propagates Deism then kindly use Gurbani, or Gurmat literature to back up your points otherwise I have no need to discuss the issue any further.
October 30, 2012 02:09PM
Boley So Haal to Veer Jasjit Singh Jio, and His Parwasa being missed by hurricane force despite being so close...similar situation in Mississippi with Gem Gurmukh (his wife was alone at house), in Mississippi during Katrina...His house was missed while neighbors affected badly...confirms Veer Sukhdeep Singh Jio, and Gurbani promise of Akal Purakh Jio, He saves His Saints, who walk the path of kanio tikhi..
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
ps. thanks for update Veer Jasjit Singh Jio, hope Gurdwaras were also spared?
October 30, 2012 02:38PM
29 reported dead in US sad smiley

On another note, here is a picture from this morning at my workplace (Boston).

Lesson learn: after every storm, there comes a cool breeze, a mild drizzle, beautiful clouds, refreshing sunlight, and an amazing colorful rainbow.
October 31, 2012 11:03AM
Good to know Bhai Jasjit Singh jeo you are doing well!

Sukhdeep
Indonesia is not as peaceful as you may assume its a breeding ground for terrorist like Al Quaida.

Bhai Sahib, we are not Deist. Our God is not indifferent to the affairs of humanity. Our God is our father he always plays a role in the affairs of his children. Abortion is a heinous crime those areas which perform such procedures are going to sooner or later meet karmas wrath. This is a theological topic if you are interested in discussing this issue then kindly start a separate thread. If you believe Sikhi propagates Deism then kindly use Gurbani, or Gurmat literature to back up your points otherwise I have no need to discuss the issue any further.

Seriously, what did abortion had to do with Sandy storm? Why do you have the habbit of connecting unrelated stuff and take threads to senseless directions? seeking attention? I am sorry if I am being rude, majority of the time when I see threads on the forum going off topic, I trace it back to you.
Unless, you are genuinely a Brahmgyani and know for sure God sent Sandy to "punish" people for abortion.(then I wont question you anymore) I personally think you lack 'common sense' for saying a tasteless things on other peoples adversity.
And if abortion is bothering you so much in the 'election fever', just vote for Romney. End the story.

Consider this my final reply.

Chota veer
October 31, 2012 12:05PM
Piyasi Chatrik,

Im not a brahmgiani. Im from America and I happen to know what goes on in the country I live in. Both New York and New Jersey have the highest abortion rates in America these were the two states impacted the most during these karmic disasters. I dont have the time to convince you things do not happen by mere coincident . I understand this is the 21st century were people like to find reasons for " natural disasters" through the scope of science, but the truth is provinces are affected by their actions, and people live in certain locations due to karma. For Gods sake Singho dont you believe in Karma!

Even Scientist did research on this matter f populations being effected by the actions of others. They conducted an experiment in which they had people do meditation in a certain city. During this time crime rate dropped dramatically.
November 01, 2012 03:40AM
1)ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਲੂਝਹਿ ਬਾਦੁ ਵਖਾਣਹਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਗਵਾਈ ॥੩॥

2)ਵੇਦੁ ਪੜਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਨਹੀ ਆਇਆ ॥
ਵਾਦੁ ਵਖਾਣਹਿ ਮੋਹੇ ਮਾਇਆ ॥
ਅਗਿਆਨਮਤੀ ਸਦਾ ਅੰਧਿਆਰਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੂਝਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੨॥

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login