ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chaur Sahib?

Posted by AmanjotSingh 
Chaur Sahib?
October 26, 2012 06:48PM
What Is The Correct Marayada Of Doing Chaur Sahib & What Is The Significance Of Doing So?

Daas Has Heard Many Different Opinions On The Significance, Some Say Its A Fly Wisk & Some Say Out Of Royalty.
I Personally Believe Its For Royalty But I Would Like Some Clarification On This Topic!

Thanks In Advance

Amanjot Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Chaur Sahib?
October 27, 2012 10:27AM
Look from this point of view - More than anything else it is Seva of Guru Jee. It is opportunity for you to do Seva of Guru Jee and earn Subh Karam for yourself. Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee use to do Cahur Sahib for 12 hours and see the Kripa he got from Waheguru Jee.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
October 29, 2012 12:23PM
Thank You For That Gurmukh Sajan Bh. Jaskirat Singh Ji -- But Im Still Looking For An In Depth Explanation, So That Sangat Is Aware Of The Correct Way Of Doing Such High Seva.

Also, When I Was At Toronto Smaagam This Year A Mona (Clean Shaven) Guy Took The Chaur Sahib For The Singh And Started Doing This Seva, As Soon As This Happen An Elder Gursikh Got Up And Took It Straight Of Him. So I Was So Curious To The Maryada, Guidelines And The Correct Way Of Doing Such Seva..

So Anyone Else?

Amanjot Singh
October 29, 2012 01:42PM
Chaur Sahib is a wisk and is used to wave over Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is our king. This signifies Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji " King of Kings" is royalty Yes it can be used to keep way flies but its main purpose is to give satkar to Sri Guru Ji. When kirtan is going on Sri Guru Ji should be attended to. Its best Gursikhs take on the seva of doing Chaur Sahib seva.
October 29, 2012 02:30PM
Chaur Sahib should be done with both hands by a tyar bar tyar Gursikh in bana who has washed his or her hands before doing said seva. It should be done with full satkaar and love for Guru Sahib and not just flung around to complete the requirement.

Preetam Singh
October 29, 2012 05:10PM
Thank You Very Much Gurmukh Sajan Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Ji & Gurmukh Sajan Bhai Preetam Singh Ji

Amanjot Singh
June 04, 2013 05:10PM
Another Question Regarding Chaur Sahib.

I Have Recently Seen Chaur Sahib Made Of, Which I Think Is, Straw. The Chaur Has Been Colored Blue, Green, Yellow Etc.. Where Did This Come From And Is This Acceptable. -- May People Have Asked Me Think Question & My Answer Was That A Chaur Should Traditionally Be Of Yak Hair, But I Could Be Wrong.

Amanjot Singh
June 04, 2013 07:00PM
Yes, the Chaur has been of Yak Hairs traditionally. According to Mahan Kosh "ਗਊ ਦੀ ਪੂਛ ਦੇ ਰੋਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਗੁੱਛਾ"
June 05, 2013 10:01AM
At a local Gurdwara, a clean shaven Sindhi proudly did chaur sewa refusing to allow Gursikh sewadar/ ragis' attempts to take over chaur sewa even during ardas....i did ardas to Guru Maharaj as to why He allows this Sindhi guy to do honorable sewa versus His Gursikh...when came to karah parsad distribution, this same sewadar..eagerly served wealthy Sindhi, and clearly showed his reluctance to let me have my favorite karah parsad...so I got my answer that we cannot judge a book from its cover, as Guru Jio cannot be fooled...
bhul chuk muaf
Anonymous User
June 11, 2013 03:57PM
lol i agree please don't flung around the chaur sahib. that's just really angry smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login