ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

iGurbani for iOS Devices

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ॥

With Guru Maharaj's Apaar Kirpa the Akal Design team is proud to announce iGurbani for iOS devices.

This app requires no internet connection and contains all of the Sikh Scriptures.

The focus of this app is to allow the user to accurately read the shabads from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji following a revolutionary style of showing the vishraams. Instead of commas and other punctuation the vishraams are highlighed in a specific color.

PLEASE NOTE: Since the Gurmukhi is from a new source and the database has been rebuilt from the ground up there are some errors that we could not catch during development. We are going to rely on the Sangat to help us identify and correct those errors.

Scriptures
1. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
2. Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji
3. Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaaran
4. Bhai Nand Lal Ji

Translations
ENGLISH
- Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa
- Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji
OTHER TRANSLATIONS
- SGGS Darpan (Prof. Sahib Singh Ji)
- Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji
- Faridkot Teeka
VISHRAAM
- Baba Darshan Singh Ji (Mallehwal)
- Baba Jaswant Singh (Bhagat Ji)

It is formated for the iPhone 5's larger screen.
As for the iPad, it has not been optimized yet but in the very near future it will. For now you can run it like any other app on the iPad.

For more information please visit [www.igurbani.com].

App is Crashing
If you are experiencing some issues with iGurbani, specifically if the app is crashing then the best way to let the team know is to submit a crash report. This is done by syncing your device with iTunes and making sure you select "OK to send data to Apple". This way the team can get a copy of those reports and implement a fix as soon as possible. For more information on how to submit a crash report please go here: [stackoverflow...t-crash-reports]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: iGurbani for iOS Devices
October 19, 2012 07:32PM
Even though, I have not seen the app but from what I have read in this post, it's an excellent effort.

The only thing I would like to recommend is that an Android version is important to release because otherwise people like us who don't us apple gadgets, will be left out.

Kulbir Singh
October 19, 2012 10:42PM
Bin all you android devices please.

I heard Iphone 5 & new Ipad is out, Bh Kulbir Singh please invest in Apple its the way forward. Lol
Revolutionary Gurbani Search Engine...
iGurbani is a revolutionary new way of searching the Sikh Scriptures in the palm of your hands. It combines a comprehensive database of the Scripture text with a Beautiful User-Friendly Interface. What makes iGurbani stand out from the rest is the multiple translations of Gurbani as well as a new revolutionary way of displaying Vishraams by highlighting text.

Features
Intuitive Modern Interface Multiple Keyboards Search History
Customize Display Highlighted Vishraams Search Ang/Vaar
Transliteration Favorites Larivaar
Twitter Support First Letter Search First Ltr Srch Anywhere
Day/Night Mode Customize Font Size Fast Response
Full Text Search Multiple Translations New Gurbani Database

Features coming soon...
•Landscape Support
This version of iGurbani only supports portrait orientation.
•Gutka
Sundar Gutka will allow you to read the Daily Prayers in a window that will allow autoscrolling.
•Scripture Index
This feature will be identical to the Tatkara for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Amrit Kirtan Pothi.
•Multi-Shabad Display
iGurbani only allows for one Shabad to be displayed at a time. This feature will allow multiple Shabads to be displayed and you will be able to switch between them just like you can when you open up another window in Safari.

Acknowledgements
The iGurbani team would like to recognize the following individuals for their contributions to this project.

Baba Darshan Singh Ji (Mallehwal)
Baba Ji has provided the Gurmukhi file we used to create a new database including colored vishraams. This project is a tribute to his life-long seva.

Baba Jaswant Singh (Bhagat Ji)
Bhagat Ji contributed another set of vishraams towards this project. May he be blessed with more seva.

Contact Us
To reach the iGurbani team please send an email to the following address:

feedback@igurbani.com
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even though, I have not seen the app but from what
> I have read in this post, it's an excellent
> effort.
>
> The only thing I would like to recommend is that
> an Android version is important to release because
> otherwise people like us who don't us apple
> gadgets, will be left out.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji,

It is with Maharaj Jee's Kirpa that such a great Seva has been accomplished.
I will discuss this with the Singh who developed the actual app and see if we can get started on an Android version anytime soon. In the meantime, could you please ask fellow Gursikhs that have an Apple product to use this application and at the same time catch any errors. Any missing Vishrams, Jamaks, spelling errors, missing or extra Lagamatra, etc. Also if you try load a certain Shabad and it crashes or if it crashes any other time please let us know through the above stated process. It would be immensely appreciated.
All the help will appreciated. Maharaj Jee Hor Vee Kirpa Karan.

October 20, 2012 01:33AM
What about Windows-8 Surface RT and Pro .... This will kill the Apple and Android Market spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I never liked Apple Devices which nothing more than a style statement for People. Apple Devices are made in China in Foxconn, which does so much labour abuse. Hence Apple Devices are filled with Haume.

On the other hand Android is Open Source Project which means Sarbat Da Bhala.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
October 20, 2012 01:37PM
Who is "Baba Darshan Singh"
GurmanSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is "Baba Darshan Singh"

Baba Ji was a fellow student along with Bhagat Ji in Damdami Taksal. At the moment he is doing the Seva of teaching Shudh Gurbani Ucharan, Gurbani Vyakaran, and Gurmat to the Sangat of Calgary.

Great news! Talked to the developer Singh this morning and an Android version of iGurbani was already on his list. Maharaj Jee Dee Kirpa we will get started on it soon. In the meantime, could the Guru Sahib Ji's Beloved Sangat please help by reporting any technical problems (crashes), and errors in The Arths, Gurbani, and Vishrams. Also, tell all your friends and family about this app.
is there going to be a "larreevaar" option in the app, so that bani can be viewed in larreevaar?
I have an Iphone 4 and the app is not working at all. It opens to the logo but then crashes. Please let me know how I can make it work.

Preetam Singh
October 20, 2012 03:37PM
I am having the exact same problem as Preetam Singh. I have ample usage space. Please advise.

JaspreeetSingh Jeo,
Yes there is a Lareevar option. For all the features look at the above posts or visit iGurbani.com/about

Amritvela and Preetam Singh,

Please use the method posted in the 1st previous post to report the crash. Several Gurmukhs have complained about this problem. We have been trying diagnose and fix it as fast as possible. Try restarting your iPhone. I will discuss with the developer Singh, Manraj Singh. What iOS is your device?
SOLUTION to App Crash on Startup
All components needed for iGurbani did not download correctly to your device because it ran out of space.
Remove songs, images and apps to make some room and re-install.
October 20, 2012 04:24PM
App is working great for me. Thank you to the developers!
I deleted a lot of my apps and now it is working.

One request is that every time you open a shabad you have to toggle on the larivaar option, can this not be a permanent setting that we can choose?
It would also be nice to have the ability to have it move to landscape when we move the phone sideways.

Preetam Singh
October 21, 2012 09:04AM
The app works on my phone, but it sometimes crashes when searching for a shabad.
Also, I was reading one shabad by Bhai Nand Lal Ji, and noticed there were several mistakes. Perhaps these can be fixed for the next update?
Great seva nonetheless, thank you very much.
October 21, 2012 02:54PM
The app is working fine on my phone. When I do a search and select a Shabad from the list, it eliminates all the searches. I have to restart all over again. It would be a nice feature for the app to retain the search so that I can go back and select a different Shabad. Also, sihari and bihari do not get attached to the letter. There remains a gap and when I do a search for the exact phrase, it returns no results. This is all I have checked so far. Guru Rakha

Bijla Singh Jee,

Thanks for letting us know. We will get that fixed up.
October 21, 2012 05:39PM
There is a work around for sihari. When I insert the sihari, I can press backspace and type the next letters. Then it searches fine. But this doesn’t work for bihari. Also, if I want to edit a word, it doesn’t let me do that. It starts backspacing from the very end rather than from where I want it to. This should be fixed. By the way, this is a great seva. Guru Rakha
November 08, 2012 02:27PM
i have the same issue as Bijla Singh - is there a way or fix when you add kanna or sihari - it jumps a space - what is the best method or way to search on this app.???-- otherwise a splendid effort.
November 09, 2012 08:23AM
Ohh woow! Downloading!

daas123 cool smileycool smiley
February 06, 2013 01:31AM
Veerji, please release igurbani for Android also. We really appreciate your hard work for iphone app. Also can you release ipad version also. Thanks ji.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh ji.
The only problem i face is that when i search 3 or more shabads the app gets crashed... Otherwise this is the best app...
April 26, 2013 01:25PM
this app is beautiful on the ipad - seva is immense - may maharaj bless u ever more
April 26, 2013 02:01PM
forgot to mention a couple of other apps which are also brillant = "my guru" and also "live keertan " both top
May 22, 2013 05:48PM
What's the best app for Android devices, can someone please post a link?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login