ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the fifth element of panj bhootak body?

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!

Which is the fifth element other than air, water, fire, earth that our body is made up of and what is it's significance (use)?

WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Gurfateh

"SPACE" - u- me occupy space on this earth - that is the fith element sir
I think the fifth element is Aakaash which represents the unseen forces that don't hold any space but exist e.g. radio waves etc.

Kulbir Singh
I was writing the below, can't understand what to write about Aakash. I will study further today but if someone has suggestion please advice.
-------------------------------------------------------------
This body is made up of 5 elements of nature i.e. Air, Water, Earth, Fire & Ether. All these five elements need to remain in a particular order (maryada) to be productive. As soon as any element goes out of order, it becomes destructive. E.g.

Air flows in an order (maryada), we breathe it and need to live. If it goes out of Maryada, it turns to cyclone etc and can destroy whole city.
Fire contained in Maryada helps to cook but when it goes out of Maryada, it can burn entire towns.
Water as long as it remained in Maryada is necessity for life but if it goes out of order and becomes flood, it can eradicate entire area.
Earth in order helps us to live otherwise out of order can cause earthquakes and destruction.
Aakaash when working in order helps us but when it goes out of order can be cancerous.

Similarly the body made by these elements needs to be in an order as well (maryada) to be productive otherwise it becomes destructive. For a Sikh that discipline/order is the teachings of Guru Sahib and the compiled Rehat Maryada (First Rehat is to get “Khande-ki-Pahul”). If we don’t stay in that order, we can become destructive and negatively impact the ones around us.
sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale tape/gyani thakur singh ji in japji sahib katha say that :

We are made of 27 elements, here is how.

Five elements: Air, water, Sky, Earth, Fire.

Five subtle elements: Shabad, Saparash, Ras, Roop, Ghand. Out of these five subtle elements, five vices takes birth- ego, lust, anger, greed, attachment.

Rest left are 17 elements which represents our subtle body- also callled shuksham/ling sirar:

When we die, we leave our asthol sirara(physical body) made of five elements- air, water, fire, ether, earth and we go with our sutble body. Elements in subtle body decides further consquences for this jiv.

It contains- five pranas, five gyan indrai(senses), five karam indra(senses), Man(Mind) and Buddh(Intellect)

Five Parnas: pran(breaths), apan(vaoio), Saman (energy exists everywhere outside and inside the body), Bhyaan (energy exists in navel chakra) and Udhayn (energy exist in throat chakra).

Five Gyan Senses: hearing, touch, sight, taste, smell.

Five Karam Indraie's: Feet, Hands, Tounge(speech), Anus and our Sexual organ in Subtle layer of our body.

Mann and Buddh- Our antish karan made of mat, chit, buddh, ahankar(all thoughts in consciousness/subconsciouness, desires/wishes at the time of death).

All this deep stuff is explained in Sri Japji Sahib and Atam Gyan Katha done by gyani thakur singh ji which was further lamely translated by me:

We are made of 27 elements, here is how.

We are made up of only Aatma. Mann too is Jyot Saroop i.e. Aatma Saroop.

The body is made up of 5 elements as is the Hukam in Gurbani, but we are not the body:

ਪਾਂਚ ਤਤ ਕੋ ਤਨੁ ਰਚਿਓ ਜਾਨਹੁ ਚਤੁਰ ਸੁਜਾਨ ॥
(The body is made of 5 Tatt (elements), know this O clever and wise).

There are Khat-Shaster i.e. 6 schools of thought in India -

1. Visheshak by Rishi Kanaad.
2. Nyaay - Rishi Gautama
3. Saankhya by Rishi Kapil
4. Yog Darshan by Rishi Patanjali
5. Mimaasa - Jaimini. This Shastra is also known as Poorab Mimaasa
6. Vedanta by Risha Beas (Vyaas). This Shastra is also known as Uttra Mimaasa.

These Khat-Darshana (6 philosophies) have given different amount of elements that constitute the Jeev. Kapil Muni in Saankhya Darshan has given 25 elements that constitute the Jeev and some have given 18 and so on. I have never heard 27 elements; perhaps it's a sub category of one of these 6 Shastras.

Gurmat for the most part has kept quiet on this issue, as this is something that we are to discover ourselves. It briefly mentions 25 elements but it should be read in the same way as it mentions Tribhavan (3 worlds) or Chaudah-Lok (14 worlds) i.e. it means everything that constitutes the Jeev. Unless we discover our True Self, through intensive Prema Bhagti, we cannot discover Vaheguru. The discovery of self cannot be explained or detailed. It's a subject of experience only.

Kulbir Singh
ns44
All this deep stuff is explained in Sri Japji Sahib and Atam Gyan Katha done by gyani thakur singh ji which was further lamely translated by me:

Have you copied this post from link below or are you N30S1NGH?

[www.sikhsangat.com]

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!
yes i have as i believe sant jee is correct and Kulbir singh is incorrect.

if you have nothing further to add to the topic of the thread instead your stalking comments then don't bother mate - stop wasting time -stick to the topic and the thread and something useful if you can.
calm down ns44. your outburst is unreasonable. mahapapi just asked you an innocent question. what's the point of posting long posts preaching great things if you cant control your anger.
You're right Bhagauti jeeoe "Beg for forgiveness" - went off the mark here don't know what came over me- human at the end of the day.
Right back to topic - this is worth a read on five elements:

parmans from SGGS regarding the five elements:

first of Bhai Gurdas Jee varan:
ਪਉੜੀ ੨ : ਜਗਦੁਤਪਤੀ

ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਸ ਨ ਮਾਸ ਸਨ ਅੰਧ ਧੁੰਧ ਕਛੁ ਖਬਰ ਨ ਪਾਈ।

Pridamai Saasi N Maas Sani Andh Dhoundh Kachhu Khabari N Paaee.

First of all, when no breath and body was there nothing was visible in the pitch darkness.

1 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੨ ਪੰ. ੧

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing ServicesShare

ਰਕਤਬਿੰਦ ਕੀ ਦੇਹਿ ਰਚਿ ਪਾਂਚ ਤਤ ਕੀ ਜੜਤ ਜੜਾਈ।

Rakati Bind Kee Dayhi Rachi Panchi Tat Kee Jarhit Jarhaaee.

The body was created through the blood(of mother) and semen (of father) and the five elements were joined judiciously.

2 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੨ ਪੰ. ੨

ਪਉਣ ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੋ ਚਉਥੀ ਧਰਤੀ ਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਈ।

Paoun Paanee Baisantaro Chauthee Dharatee Sangi Milaaee.

Air, water, fire and earth was put together.

3 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੨ ਪੰ. ੩

ਪੰਚਮਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਕਾਸ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਤਾ ਛਟਮੁ ਅਦਿਸਟੁ ਸਮਾਈ।

Panchami Vichi Aakaasu Kari Karataa Chhatamu Adisatu Samaaee.

The fifth element sky (void) was kept in between and creator God, the sixth one, invisibly permeated among all.

4 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੨ ਪੰ. ੪

ਪੰਚ ਤਤ ਪੰਚੀਸ ਗੁਨਿ ਸਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਬਣਾਈ।

Panch Tat Pancheesi Gouni Satr Mitr Mili Dayhi Banaaee.

To create the human body, five elements and twenty five qualities opposite to each other were joined and mixed.

5 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੨ ਪੰ. ੫

ਖਾਣੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਚਲਿਤੁ ਕਰਿ ਆਵਾਗਉਣੁ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਦਿਖਾਈ।

Khaanee Baanee Chalitu Kari Aavaa Gaounu Charit Dikhaaee.

Four life originating mines (egg foetus sweatborn , vegetation) and four speeches(para, pasyanti, madhyama, vaikhari) were assimiliated into each other andthe drama of transmigration was enacted.

6 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੨ ਪੰ. ੬

ਚਉਰਾਸੀਹ ਲਖ ਜੋਨਿ ਉਪਾਈ ॥੨॥

Chauraaseeh Lakh Joni Oupaaee ॥2॥

Thus eighty four lacs of species were created.

7 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੨ ਪੰ. ੭

others:

ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਸਕਤੀ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੀਉ ॥ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਚ ਤਤ ਕੋ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਲੇ ਜਉ ਉਨਮਨਿ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਤਉ ਤੀਨਿ ਲੋਕ ਕੀ ਬਾਤੈ ਕਹੈ ॥੩੩॥: Ih manu sakti ih manu seeou. Ih mnu panj tatt ko jeeou...: (By identifying with Maya) This mind also becomes Maya, (by identifying with God) this mind also becomes God, and (due to misperception, by identifying itself) with the body of the five-elements, this mind is the Jeeva (ਸਰੀਰ ਰੂਪ, ਜੀਵ ਰੂਪ...). When this mind is restrained (channeled and guided Upward), and remains in the State of Beatitude (Turiya, Enlightenment, etc.), it describes the three worlds. ||33|| (sggs 342).

finally as a reference this is a good read.:

[jsks.biz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login