ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਲੀ ਭਈ - Shabad Veechaar

Posted by Vista 
ਕਬੀਰ ਭਲੀ ਭਈ ਜੋ ਭਉ ਪਰਿਆ ਦਿਸਾ ਗਈ ਸਭ ਭੁਲਿ ॥
ਓਰਾ ਗਰਿ ਪਾਨੀ ਭਇਆ ਜਾਇ ਮਿਲਿਓ ਢਲਿ ਕੂਲਿ ॥177॥

Bhagat Kabir jee in this great salok is writing great philosophy of life. He uses the example of water that gets evaporated from river or sea and gets carried away to sky. From there it ends up back to Earth in form of rain or hailstone. Hailstones are pellets of ice that fall when the temperature is low. While drops of water in form of rain fall on Earth and start flowing towards river, hailstone has to wait till it melts and then it flows towards river.

Same way the jeev-aatma that has got separated from Vaheguru is now sitting away from Vaheguru and has become stiffened because of haume. In other words, the hailstone represents a person engrossed or siezed by haume. Only when hailstone melts, it becomes water and starts flowing downhill towards the river. Same way, when ones haume goes away, one becomes humble and starts moving towards Vaheguru.

Below are the meanings of this salok:

Bhalee Bhayee - Changa hoiya, Good that it occurred.

Bhau Pariya - That I attained some fear of God.

Disha gayee sabh bhool - I have now forgotten or stop wandering in different directions.

Ora - Hailstone

Gar - has melted

Pani bhaiya - and has become water.

Jaaye miliyo - Has gone and met

Dhal Kool - after flowing downhill has met the river again.

The pankiti is interpreted as follows:

Bhagat Kabir jee is saying that its really good that I have attained some fear of Vaheguru; and this way the wandering (of my mind) has gone away. Only after the hailstone melts, it becomes water and starts flowing downhill towards the river (from where it had got separated).

Baani is Agam Agaadh Bodh and no one can claim to find the other end of Gurbani. This is just a meagre attempt to understand Gurbani. Guru Sahib Bhali karan.

Old Forum
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
thanks Vista ji,
seems like that is my biggest problem with progressing in Gurmat living, which affirms Gurbani's message that the path to mukti is one tenth of a sesame seed, but our minds are so bloated with haume, it will take lots of sewa to reduce size..
ਕਬੀਰ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਸੰਕੁੜਾ ਰਾਈ ਦਸਵੈ ਭਾਇ ॥ कबीर मुकति दुआरा संकुड़ा राई दसवै भाइ ॥ Kabīr mukaṯ ḏu▫ārā sankuṛā rā▫ī ḏasvai bẖā▫e. O Kabeer, the gate of liberation is narrow, less than one-tenth of a mustard seed.
ਮਨੁ ਤਉ ਮੈਗਲੁ ਹੋਇ ਰਹਾ ਨਿਕਸਿਆ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਇ ॥ मनु तउ मैगलु होइ रहा निकसिआ किउ करि जाइ ॥ Man ṯa▫o maigal ho▫e rahā niksi▫ā ki▫o kar jā▫e. The mind has become as big as an elephant; how can it pass through this gate?
Ang 509 www.srigranth.org
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Bhul chuk muaf Guru Maharaj Jio atey Sadh Sangat Jio,
should be mustard seed instead of sesame seed.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login