ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Most beneficial Path for the departed soul?

Posted by jpsingh77 
Dear SadhSangat Jeo,

Dass's grandfather did Akaal-chalana last week.

Which path(s) would be most beneficial for the departed soul (besides the akhand / sehaj path, of course!)?

Any other pointer/tip would be most welcome!

Thanks,
-Dass
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sukhmani Sahib is very beneficial. The last bani to recite before sanskar is Kirtan Sohila. I will try to write more later on in the day.
I think the most important aspect of funeral rites is to invite sangat and sing Kirtan which emhpasizes we should not mourn, and we should accept death and Hukum. Banis that accept death include alahaanee bani ( vadhans) starting at

ਧੰਨੁ ਸਿਰੰਦਾ ਸਚਾ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਜਗੁ ਧੰਧੈ ਲਾਇਆ ॥
ਮੁਹਲਤਿ ਪੁਨੀ ਪਾਈ ਭਰੀ ਜਾਨੀਅੜਾ ਘਤਿ ਚਲਾਇਆ ॥

Traditionally there is a bani by Sri Guru Amar Das Ji also recited after bhog. This bani is beautiful but I cant remember which bani it is perhap somebody else can comment.

When Sri Dasmesh Pita Ji departed he recited many verses from Sri Dasam Granth such as Har Har Jan Dui ek hai... , and then the Singhs concluded with kirtan sohila. Pehli Paatshas sanskar included banis such as Sri JapJi Sahib , Asa di Vaar, and kirtan sohila.

According to Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji on the day of sanskar all nitnem should be included ( panj bania, reharas, kirtan sohila) and sukhmani sahib , asa di vaar, alahaanee bani, all verses from Sri Gur Tegh Bahadur Sahib JI ( Gurbani Darpan). Both Gurbani and Prem Sumarg give details abou antam sanskar, but I think its best to keep things simple and adhere to the panthic maryada of singing shabads of accepting death, and serving sangat is the best way to go about antam sanskar. I can be wrong so perhaps someone else can comment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login