ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kesi Ishnaan Tips

Posted by g singh 
Kesi Ishnaan Tips
August 26, 2012 02:38PM
Vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh

After doing kesi ishnaan do gursikhs just keep their kesh out and let them air dry? The reason im asking is because my kesh are very thick and take forever to air dry and i hate having my kesh out. Cant i just do joora and tie my keski and wait for them to dry like this...but then my keski would get wet and how would my kesh dry in joora...kirpa karo jee, im not sure what to do, the main thing is i dont want to leave kesh out...
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Kesi Ishnaan Tips
August 28, 2012 02:27PM
Anybody? It would really help if any gursikh could just post what they do in their regular schedule...
August 28, 2012 03:30PM
I love exposing my kesh to the open air during the Amrit hours. When we wash our kesh with fresh water and let it dry we feel as though Sri Guru Jis hands are on our head. After about 2 1/2 hours my kesh fully dry and then I tie my dastar. Kesh needs open air exposure on a daily basis to grow more healthy. We are forbidden to roam in the public without dastar so this is a time to allow our kesh to be exposed to open air. Also, if you tie your dastar with wet kesh then your dastar will start to smell and eventually your kesh would start to smell and this is a kurehit. I do not have Jaap Sahib memorized so I cover my kesh with a dastar like a chunni when reciting Sri Jaap Sahib .

I remember MB Veer Singh Ji mentioning we should say drying kesh instead we should stay refreshing kesh. There is a rehatnama that says if you tell your kesh to hurry up and dry then this is a kurehit. Who are we to dicatate to our kesh when it should dry.
August 28, 2012 04:34PM
Thank you Bhai sahib, i guess ill just have to get used to leaving kesh out then

Vaheguru
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login