ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are there any Sikhs in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikIFateh!!

Our relative is getting an opportunity to visit Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on a short term (< 1 year) project but I have not heard any Sikhs in that area. Are there Sikhs living there? I know about Sikhs living in UAE, Oman etc... Also is wearing of Kirpan allowed there?

WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikIFateh!!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I think practicing any religion other than Islam is illegal there. Some places a non Muslim cannot even go. Feel sorry for your relative that he has to spend an entire year there. His best option is to just visit UAE every week to do darshan of the Gurdwara there.
I believe there are Punjabis in Jeddah and Riyadh I heard.I doubt of any amritdhari ones. But no Gurdwara exist-Yes, its confirmed neither are they permitted.
Lets say your relative gets into problem with a Saudi national and police has to be involved. No if and buts, the authorities take side with the Saudi.
My Saudi classmate once told me they ussually behead people sentenced to death after mens Friday prayers. "The thrill is one of a kind", I recall him telling me.

Chota veer
Sauda Arabia imposes strict religious laws on its citizens but it is ruled by greedy faithless Kings from the House of Saud. They were the main supporters for AMericans taking over Iraq. Saudi Arabia country practices the biggest hyprocisy. Why else would Sri Guru Ji come to this area and teach the mooraks about true faith.

They dont respect their own faith how can we expect them to respect other faiths and allow them to practice their beliefs. Sri Guru Ji mentions when the days of Kaljug apporach ( starting on a saturday) the Hajjis will be prohibited from performing the Hajj, and likewise other countries will take example and prevent their followers from practicing their reilgion. The world will be comepletely athiest, but in the midst of this athiesm the true Khalsa is going to rise and give light to this kaljug.

ਹਾਜੀ ਹਜ ਨ ਕਰ ਸਕੇ ਤੀਰਥ ਜਾਇ ਨੋ ਕੋਇ
ਏਹ ਲਛਣ ਆਨੰਦ ਜੀ ( bhai nand Lal Singh) ਵਾਰ ਛਨਛਿਰ ਹੋਇ
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh, how does your reply answer what was originally asked? Lol
The question was pertaining to Sikhs living in Saudi Arabia. I responded by saying Saudis dont respect other relgions and this will be the fall of their country sooner or later. Saudi Arabia should be the last place for a Gursikh to chose to work or live. They have a history of being intolerant towards others. In College, one of my Arab professors wrote a book being critical on the House of Saud and he has been banned from entering the country. They dont allow freedom of speech nor they do they allow freedom of religion. If a person wants to live as a slave then they should move to Saudi Arabia. They dont allow any Gurdwara Sahibs to be built for this reason this is the worsest country in the world to live without Sri GUru Ji the country is HELL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login