ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

question

Posted by bhai 
question
August 01, 2012 12:08AM
someone asked a me a question the other day, and wanted to know the view of the sangat,

they asked, why should i care about god and remember his name, why should i worry about dying and going to hell? it is not like i remember what happened to me in hell before i became a human. When i go to hell and get beat up by the jamdoots and i scream in pain and agony, i will not remember this pain when i enter my new life form, so i why should i care about living a religous life, why not just enjoy the world etc.(ie live a manmukh life)?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: question
August 01, 2012 10:18AM
vaheguroo jee

To avoid having to come back to this kaljug again, what is the point in being in sikhi and still not being able to free yourself from the cycle of life and death. Not caring about something because you can't remember it makes us no better than animals, who are beat when they do something wrong, in fact, even those animals eventually figure out that they aren't supposed to do the wrong thing when they get beat again and again.
August 01, 2012 11:58AM
Bhagat Jaswant SIngh Ji has said something very wonderful in one of his books. He mentions when we sit and socialize with nastics then we bring bad fortune upon ourselves and we are prevented from going to Gurdwara Sahib and enjoying sadh sangat.

Persoanlly, I believe when we run into such Atheist then its a sign of poor fortune. The more poor fortune we have the less we get sadh sangat. If you want to increase your fortune I suggest you avoid such people otherwise you will eventually become bankrupt. ਕਬੀਰ ਸਾਕਤ ਸੰਗੁ ਨ ਕੀਜੀਐ ਦੂਰਹਿ ਜਾਈਐ ਭਾਗਿ ॥

I remeber a few years ago at work some Atheist came up to me in a very humble way and said I was raised as a religious person but eventually I started having doubts. When I quoted him Sri Anand Sahibs verse about doubt ( Karmee sehaj na upjeh) he became extremely happy and wrote then the verse. He did not ask me stupid questions and he had a general interest in wanting to learn. There are some actual genunie athetist who are willing to change their way and learn about spirtuality, but for most part many of them are stuck in thier thinking and they just want to mock other religions and peoples beliefs. It seems like the person who is asking these questions has no sincere interesting in learning about SIkhi.
August 01, 2012 12:10PM
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh Bhai Ji,
i would not associate with this individual or anyone with such an attitude, which sadly is on the rise world over, even amongst our community, family, loved ones..
Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh,
August 01, 2012 04:16PM
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh,
Here is a very relevant advise from Guru Ji to contemplate on:>
ਰਾਗੁ ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੧੭ ਆਸਾਵਰੀ रागु आसा महला ५ घरु १७ आसावरी Rāg āsā mėhlā 5 gẖar 17 āsāvarī Raag Aasaa, Fifth Mehl, Seventeenth House, Aasaavaree:
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥ Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ. One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ गोबिंद गोबिंद करि हां ॥ Gobinḏ gobinḏ kar hāʼn. Meditate on the Lord, the Lord of the Universe.
ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਪਿਆਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ हरि हरि मनि पिआरि हां ॥ Har har man pi▫ār hāʼn. Cherish the Beloved Lord, Har, Har, in your mind.
ਗੁਰਿ ਕਹਿਆ ਸੁ ਚਿਤਿ ਧਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ गुरि कहिआ सु चिति धरि हां ॥ Gur kahi▫ā so cẖiṯ ḏẖar hāʼn. The Guru says to install it in your consciousness.
ਅਨ ਸਿਉ ਤੋਰਿ ਫੇਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ अन सिउ तोरि फेरि हां ॥ An si▫o ṯor fer hāʼn. Turn away from others, and turn to Him.
ਐਸੇ ਲਾਲਨੁ ਪਾਇਓ ਰੀ ਸਖੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ऐसे लालनु पाइओ री सखी ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Aise lālan pā▫i▫o rī sakẖī. ||1|| rahā▫o. Thus you shall obtain your Beloved, O my companion. ||1||Pause||
ਪੰਕਜ ਮੋਹ ਸਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ पंकज मोह सरि हां ॥ Pankaj moh sar hāʼn. In the pool of the world is the mud of attachment.
ਪਗੁ ਨਹੀ ਚਲੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ पगु नही चलै हरि हां ॥ Pag nahī cẖalai har hāʼn. Stuck in it, his feet cannot walk towards the Lord.
ਗਹਡਿਓ ਮੂੜ ਨਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ गहडिओ मूड़ नरि हां ॥ Gahdi▫o mūṛ nar hāʼn. The fool is stuck;
ਅਨਿਨ ਉਪਾਵ ਕਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ अनिन उपाव करि हां ॥ Anin upāv kar hāʼn. he cannot do anything else.
ਤਉ ਨਿਕਸੈ ਸਰਨਿ ਪੈ ਰੀ ਸਖੀ ॥੧॥ तउ निकसै सरनि पै री सखी ॥१॥ Ŧa▫o niksai saran pai rī sakẖī. ||1|| Only by entering the Lord's Sanctuary, O my companion, will you be released. ||1||
ਥਿਰ ਥਿਰ ਚਿਤ ਥਿਰ ਹਾਂ ॥ थिर थिर चित थिर हां ॥ Thir thir cẖiṯ thir hāʼn. Thus your consciousness shall be stable and steady and firm.
ਬਨੁ ਗ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਸਮਸਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ बनु ग्रिहु समसरि हां ॥ Ban garihu samsar hāʼn. Wilderness and household are the same.
ਅੰਤਰਿ ਏਕ ਪਿਰ ਹਾਂ ॥ अंतरि एक पिर हां ॥ Anṯar ek pir hāʼn. Deep within dwells the One Husband Lord;
ਬਾਹਰਿ ਅਨੇਕ ਧਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ बाहरि अनेक धरि हां ॥ Bāhar anek ḏẖar hāʼn. outwardly, there are many distractions.
ਰਾਜਨ ਜੋਗੁ ਕਰਿ ਹਾਂ ॥ राजन जोगु करि हां ॥ Rājan jog kar hāʼn. Practice Raja Yoga, the Yoga of meditation and success.
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਲੋਗ ਅਲੋਗੀ ਰੀ ਸਖੀ ॥੨॥੧॥੧੫੭॥ कहु नानक लोग अलोगी री सखी ॥२॥१॥१५७॥ Kaho Nānak log agolī rī sakẖī. ||2||1||157|| Says Nanak, this is the way to dwell with the people, and yet remain apart from them. ||2||1||157||

Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh
August 02, 2012 06:21AM

why should i care about god and remember his name, why should i worry about dying and going to hell? it is not like i remember what happened to me in hell before i became a human. When i go to hell and get beat up by the jamdoots and i scream in pain and agony, i will not remember this pain when i enter my new life form

Your friend is very shortsighted, Bhai jee. It's true that now we don't remember the sorrows of our past but this does not mean that we did not endure the pain while we were suffering. Just because we don't remember something after an ordeal, does not mean that it would be wise to recklessly put ourselves in such situation again. What to talk about actuality or reality, if I know that certain action of mine, would bring a nightmare or bad dream on me, I would avoid doing that too. So then how's it wise to recklessly continue doing sins and risking huge punishment in Dargah?

so i why should i care about living a religous life,

Because, living a Gurmat religious life brings so much happiness and peace to the mind. Gurmat life brings showers of love and bliss from Vaheguru.

why not just enjoy the world etc.(ie live a manmukh life)?

Because, firstly, there is no enjoyment in the world and secondly, Gurmat religious life is more enjoyable. What pleasure of this world can compare with the bliss of attending Ran Subaaee Kirtan? What pleasure of this world can compare with the Anand and peace that one gets during Amritvela Naam Abhyaas session?

Kulbir Singh
August 02, 2012 07:36PM
one time when i went to Sri Harimander Sahib, a baba came upto me and a singh and said why is this place called Harimander Sahib, isnt this a name from the hindu religion?
He was refering to the word Hari and saying it was similair to haray raam etc and that why do sikhs called this place Harimander Sahib are they worshippers of the hindu faith etc.?

It was almost time to do the palki sahib dee seva in the morning, so me and the singh tried our best to explain why his statements were inncorrect, but we didnt have much time since we had to do go.

In the short amount of time(5-10min) that we got a chance to talk to him, it was clear to me that this baba didnt want to learn anything thing instead he just wanted to debate with us.
August 02, 2012 08:38PM
Bhai Ji,
Seems like Guruji's is testing your faith in Sikhi, so next time think of Him, and wise answer will be available?
Har is Vaheguroo's Naam also, as Gurbani informs us is what you could have told him
Bhul chuk muaf
VAHEGUROO
August 03, 2012 03:26AM
Leave aside the past or future lives, humans have tendency and capacity to forget the pains of this life also. You must have come across so many wordly people in this life who met some accident, were sick, had been diagnosed with some painful disease.... but after they get cured they are back living the life as if nothing had happened. Now if someone tells them look the pain you have gone through. To avoid getting into similar situation do bhagti. Most of them are likely to ignore you and continue living, dancing and partying. If they have now forgotten that painful period does this means it didnot exist? NO, it means that we humans are akirtghan. At time of pain even a sharaabi wants his family to do Sukhmani Sahib but as soon as we get cured we are back to dheeth akirtghan life. We have been doing this for so many lives that our munn has become dheeth. Only way out is Guru's sharan...
August 05, 2012 11:48AM
Unless, Akal Purakh, Himself plants His love seed, in the humans; there is no way, they can get it grow in them. And when we do not have "this growth"in us, we as human beings are in the habit of justifying the outside world in its physical form (minus God in it).

An atheist, in its tiny or huge form, sits in all of us, generally. Only the love of Guru, Gurbani and Sangat; protects us to keep it in control.

Unless, some one gets taste of Gurbani or Kirtan for a while; why should he/she avoid enjoying the physical pleasures. Those are meant for humanity. Is not it?

Why worry about hell? So true. Are not the pains of human life, sufficient enough, to put us or keep us on the track?

Mu suggestion: tell your friend to keep on enjoying healthy pursuits of life, and avoid worring about death or hell. But as a tribute to Sikh History (what so ever he knows); listen or read to Gurbani; as an honest student; for 5 or 10 minutes a day. minimum.

Let Gurbani do it.
August 05, 2012 12:25PM
One can look a Quote from Gurbanee as

ਗਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਜਾਪੈ ਦਿਸੈ ਦੂਰਿ ॥ ਗਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਵੇਖੈ ਹਾਦਰਾ ਹਦੂਰਿ ॥

One can learn from Gurbanee that any one is either Gurmukhu or Munmukhu.
Who is Gurmukhu ,Who is Munmukhu is well defined in Gurbanee.
So any one can see for onself what one is .?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakas.S.Bagga
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login