ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

questions about bibeki/sarabhloh

Posted by singhni 
I am in the process of thinking about bibeki..I dont' know how to cook my food fully.. I am learning how to cook at this point in time.. So I want to when I go to college.. which is in a year.

I read the article about bibeki? It says that some restaurants mix vegetarian and nonvegetarian food? I went to a restaurant with my family annd we know the owners of the restaurant.. I mean I just had salad.. I don't want to eat meat by accident? But at the end we talked to the owner she said they are very strict about not mixing veg with nonveg... They have eggless cakes and stuff. Like we go out to eat once in a while for somebody's birthday or some occasion or something?
Does the mind of the person cooking effect the food you eat? This whole entire thing makes me all too confused. Like when you make parshaad you have to do paath when you make parshaad.. When I eat parshaad at rainsabayee it seems like its the most tastiest parshad... Is it because of the naam simran.. and the strict rehit followed.. When I come home from rainsabayee I feel so amazing?! but slowly that feeling fades away.. I lose it..... Can that feeling be maintained by following the bibeki rehit?

Now this new question.. sarabhloh...I have read on this website that it helps you follow other rehits...I talked to a respected gyaani jee.. and he told me bibeki is superstition.. and how do you know where verything is grown from?? etc.etc.etc.?
Does the avastha of the person making food effect the food? I mean how does it? Like my thinking is panj pyaarae are 5 beloved of guru sahib chosen to represent guru sahib... right? i mean we can't get any random 5 people to be panj pyaarae.. They have to have the mind to go along with it.. in the same way we say that we shouldn't have random people making our food.. Because our food becomes like amrit? Am I thinking correctly? The person making food should have a good jeevan... like no smoking.. or anything... sikhism is a way of life... not just something you follow at the gurdwara..The avasthas of panj pyaara effect the amrit?? Wow... I think i might have just answered my own questions...
So that is why avasthas of people effect food being made.. But why sarabhloh?I don't understand sarabhloh... I have a hard time with gurmat bibek.... Its hard for me to understand the punjabi in that book... I can read.. but i need to buy dictionary to look up words... I don't know where to find dictionary? Punjabi to english? Another question?
Sarabhloh=same bata amrit made
but why else? My family hates sarabhloh bibeki or any sort of bibeki ..They say its backwards.. Its arrogant.. or I don't know.... I really want to understand this.....Its really odd, until now I couldn't ever equate bibeki with me. it seemed all too impossible.....
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Read this about sarbloh: [www.tapoban.org]

Just go for it. Its hukam of Guru Sahib.

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥
When you place your feet on this Path,
ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥
give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Personally I have started semi-bibek but not sarbloh yet, however I feel its just not the real deal without it. Hopefully Guru Sahib blesses me with sarbloh soon aswell.
Just go for it.. because its guru sahib's hukam....is hard
But that website was very helpful thankyou
I hope guru sahib blesses me as well.....
You are fortunate, Biba, because you are getting inclined towards keeping Guru Sahib's Rehit. For more information on Bibek and Sarbloh Bibek, please refer to short articles at this link:

[www.gurmatbibek.com]

If you are in Toronto area, you can contact gurmatbibek@yahoo.com for information on Bibek and meeting other Bibeki Gursikhs of your age.

Kulbir Singh
I don't live in Toronto sadly....I am not even sure if I can wear my kirpaan to school yet, let alone follow bibeki? Is there anybody whom I can contact to get permission to wear my kirpaan in school? Im sorry I just changed the topic... I have a meeting with the principal on the first day of school... Could anybody please give me any advice on things I should say or do?
I don't know about how many Singhs here agree with this but I feel no need to tell them about the Kirpan. Just keep it hidden. If you show your kirpan at school, you're more likely to have it banned. Some westerners usually freak out with the mere mention of the Kirpan.
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh,
I work in a call center, in a city in the USA, where no sikh wears Kirpan openly (if there are any), except to Gurdwara (very rarely). But the point is, I informed my supervisor of my intention to be baptised, and the need to wear kirpan and Sikh bana thereafter.
After 3 meetings, explaining the significance of Kirpan being a symbol of Truth (and one of 5 symbols I need to wear), that is, to walk the path of Vaheguroo, and not to be used as weapon unless one's life is in danger, I was given approval, so took Amrit, and everyone has been very respectful, and every more so surprisingly!smiling smiley
So Singhni, do ardas to Guru Maharaj, then seek your school principal's approval.
I was told to keep my Kirpan covered by department head, for fear that someone in anger might snatch it from me, and used it adversely. I agreed using white chuni as hazooria to cover (but this being too thin to conceal Kirpan, which becomes exposed when I least realise), I wear it under my topmost clothing of 3 layers.
Guruji always blesses His Sikhs who follow His Hukam (despite my faults to maintain 100% level), so He will bless you too!smiling smiley
Vaheguruji rakha
Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh,
Singhni,
Also, about keeping up with good feeling gained at smagams, listening or repeating Naam/ Shabad Guru (WITH FULL RAAS) svass svass with every spare/ full mental concentration you can devote, so you are proving to Guru Maharaj that His Naam/ Shabad is all you are living for!smiling smiley
But avoid restaurant by all means, unless all Amritdharis cookssmiling smiley?
Its not a good idea to openly discuss the kirpan with principals or managers at your work place. Before I took Amrit I mentioned to my manager that I was going to take Amirt and I will be " wearing a ceremonial sword which is part of my religious tradition" . She did not react positively and said I would have to weld the sheath to the handle so I could not take the kirpan out of the sheath. Obviosuly this is not an option for a Gursikh so I was forced to resign.

For a couple of years I worked in some schools and I would keep my kirpan covered from the public view. Most people did not notice . My kirpan was a little big so it use to look something was coming out of my stomach but still nobody said anything. One time some students saw the kirpan hanging from my chola and they kept asking me about it. I knew the students quite well and I always use to joke with them. WHen they saw the kirpan I just laughed and told them they are imagining things. They never brought up the topic again. The school principal was an extremely nice and friednly person. He had no issues with no issues with me wearing choley or kurta pajamey, nor did he have any issues with me wearing blue despite it being banned from the school due since its a gang color in the US. Had I discussed the kirpan with him he probably thought I would be taking advantage of his high level of tolerance.

If you keep the kirpan covered its really not a big deal. Naturally, people are threatened by the kirpan because they dont understand its spiritual significance and history. Unfortunately, if we try to explain its significance then people will still have no tolerance so its best to stay quiet.
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,VahegurooJeeKiFateh Sukhdeep Singh Ji,
I would not recommend concealing it without informing the school principal, especially not in USA schools, some of which has police patrol due to many past school violence.
I have worked as substitute in schools in NY, and know students being arrested for drugs etc. but Singhni obviously being of high moral behavior will and should not be looked at in same light, nevertheless better to be safe, than sorry, and be expelled.
I was also questioned by management if the Kirpan can be locked as they know some who do from online research, and simply explained that those who do so not following Gurmat.
Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,VahegurooJeeKiFateh
With guru sahib's kirpaa I did some research on the kirpaan, and I sent the principal some really detailed articles on the kirpaan and why sikhs wear it.. I do not want to wear it openly...I just want permission to wear it under my clothing... KS jee, I did not know I would have to wear y kirpaan at all times.. I have heard that sometimes panj pyaarae excuse you from wearing kirpaan to school. I was not expecting it...If I had known I would have for sure talked to everybody before hand. Chalo sab kuj teek hai. Everything happens in guru sahib's hukam. Guru sahib knows better than me.

My school has police patrol...so I guess I can't hide it... Ill do ardaas to guru sahib that I won't ever have to take off my kirpaan in school..
i have gone to highschool and when the students saw my kirpan for the first time, i just told wat it was for and they never really asked again. Teachers asked me, and i told them wat it was and y i wear it, and they were really interested in learning about the kirpan and it signifigance.

I go to university and just wear my kirpan underneath my clothes so no one ever really see's it, but i have seen other chardikala singhs at my school that were bana and sri sahib over top and i dont think they have faced any problem.

if You live in Canda, America, or England we live in a free society, we can practice our religion to the fullest extent, no one can stop us from wearing a kirpan.

If you dont wear bana to school, and just wear simple clothes then just wear ur sri sahib underneath your clothes and no one will ever see and thus you wont have to inform your superiors about the kirpan and have to go through a diffcult situation of explaining it to them etc.

They are people in society that are allowed to legally by law have a concealed weapon such as handguns etc on them at all times, so why is it such a big deal to have a kirpan on us at all times?
Your lucky bhai jee...I googled kirpaan in school.. the first thing that came up with is boy that had to go to supreme court to gain rights to wear kirpan to school...Nobody knows about Sikhs...Everybody thinks we are some sort of terrorists..I know this from my 9th grade word civilizations class..."gandhi sent people to stop the sikh terrorists"....I was absolutely furiousangry smiley I think for that reason my teacher did not like me that year...l
I know that if I don't talk to the principal on the first day of school this could be considered a concealed weapon if somebody sees it and I could be suspended from school....
Canada and England there are many sikhs so sikhs have already fought for rights to wear kirpaan..
America in some areas there are very very few sikhs...In my school.. there is one boy with a joora... and maybe one other sikh girl is there that doesn't look like a sikh... no amritdhaari... Its mostly a lack of education that is the cause of this problem...
People can be really ignorant.....Like freshman year...There were people that had mistaken a picture of a sikh man in a dastaar for a muslim...and were laughing...I think that college should be better...There are 33000 kids where im planning to go..so I should have no problem hiding my kirpaan..and there is more of a sikh population.. so that should be good.
Because of 9/11 America is much more different then Canada, and England. Some people get terrified when they see SInghs wearing Sri Sahib on the outside. About a week ago I was in the bank and the bank manager started sweating when he saw my kirpan. A few days later my brother went to the grocery store and the people were smiling at the kirpan and started asking questions about its significance. So it really depends on the place and people. Sri Guru Ji says Gursikhs should not fear anyone but at the same time we should not put fear in anyone. I try to be sensitive to the insecurities Americans have since 9/11 and for this reason most of the time I keep Sri Sahib covered from the public view .

I dont know of any panj pyaarey who would permit people to keep kirpan off. This is unheard of and can never be accepted. Sri GUru Ji says we should regard our kakkars as our own angs ( limbs) and never seperate from them. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji and Sant Kartar Singh Ji likewise say we shouldnt be seperate from them for even one second.

About a week ago a SIngh was telling me that children are prohibited from wearing kirpan at public schools in AMerica. We do not have a strong SIkh lobbyist in AMerica so I dont see legislature changing any time soon, but SRi Guru Jis hukum is Sri Guru Jis hukum. We either wear kirpan and dont tell anyone if somebody finds out then we change schools. We can go to a private school, or homeschool taking off the kirpan is not acceptable.
Guru Piyario,

Daas would say practice your Sikhi without any fear regardless of where you work and study. With Guru Sahib's Kirpa in past decade numerous cases of Kirpaan were resolved in many fields of day to day life in United States especially in our area. We have two strong civil rights organizations in our area who always look forward to help in these cases. 'Singhni' Jee should go to school w/o any fear and if any time any issue arises or you need the presentation on Sikhi in your school we are here to help. Talk to guidance counselor in school to seek assistance for this matter. If guidance counselor could not handle due to any reason then go to principal. If principal is not helpful then send email to Daas, I will forward the case to proper persons of civil right orgs and they will arrange meeting with principal or school district attorney. There is nothing to worry about. Concentrate on your study keep your kakaar including keski intact and try not to skip Nitnem. Guru Sahib is always ang sang.

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,VahegurooJeeKiFateh Singhni Ji,
Punj Pyare did explain at Amrit Sinchar where I took Amrit, in Toronto, in July this year, that Punj Kakaars are to remain on us as though it is part of us. Exception only made when taking flight, but we are not to eat, and do ardas before and after flight, and path while Kirpan is not on us.
Regarding ignorance about Kirpan, and Sikhs being terrorists in textbooks, Sikh Coalition, and Saldef are 2 Sikh organisations diligently defending, educating, and successfully accomplishing task of ensuring Kirpan is allowed in USA schools/ workplace, while each of us can do our best to clear misconception that Sikhs' stance on indira issue, is not terrorism, but human rights abuse by a tyrant leader!
If world can accept Bush terrorising Iraq twice, Russia terrorising Afganistan, just to mention 2 of western countries' terrorism...SIKHS DEFENDING THEIR LIVES SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED TERRORISTS, since Gadaffi, or African state received United Nations intervention with human rights abuse, while Sikhs suffered for centuries, to this day, under tyrannic congress hindus, and corrupt sikhs.
Thus until misconception about Sikhs being terrorists is totally removed, we should not hide Kirpan, or wear it without notifying school/ workplace we go to, since we are unable to abide by Guru Maharaj's Hukam for those who choose to take Gurmat path; to only live amongst like Gurmukh Gursikhs...how to when we don't even have a homeland??
Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,VahegurooJeeKiFateh
Thank you Jasjit uncle jee! I am not worried.. I have complete faith that guru sahib will help me... guru sahib is always ang sang... yes guru sahib is holding my hand through every little step I take.. That is how it feels. So I am not afraid..
I have sent emails to the principal regarding the kirpaan... I have a meeting with him on the first day of school. So i'll see what happens.....
I think I might try to call him to get an earlier meeting with him...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login