ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

खुद ही को कर बुलंद इतना ......... !!

The current world is so scientific. It needs a reason to do anything or everything. If Religion talks about doing Amritvela - the question is WHY CANT we jap naam in afternoon ? If it talks about the Rehit like Bibek - The question is Guru Sahib moved us away from the VAHIM BHARMs then why all this ? Its almost useless these days to advise anyone for anything. The moment you start lecturing you are welcoming problems for yourself. The things just fire back at you - may be after a gap of few days.

Daas thinks that the best way to do Parchar these days is to lift your own Jeevan to such a level that world who looks at you desires to be as happy as you. Just like looking at a nice blossoming flower we wish to buy it quickly and make it a part of our room or car, Looking at a jeevan of Gursikh one should really die to follow his footsteps and should follow him. Bhai Randhir Singh and other gursikhs who lived by Guru Sahib's Bachans and lived over and above the attachments of this world are followed even today even though there are not with us. Do they need to really come and do Parchar on you ? Advise you to wear Bana and keep Bibek Rehat, NO !! They lived such high Standard Atmik Jeevan that their worldly affairs built boundaries and they lived well above all the worldly attachements. Reading their Jeevans or knowing themselves from their fellow gursikhs gives us the Reason,Atmik Bal,Energy and Passion to follow a true Gursikh Life.

I feel that each Gursikh should be always cautious of what he does and how he does. Each Postive Gurmat devoted effort would help Sikhi Parchiar and any Anti-Gurmat Deeds could let many offtrack.

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Wahegurrooojeekaakhalsa Wahegurrooojeekeefateh

Such beautiful and refreshing thoughts smiling smiley
Khud hi ko kar buland itna

Make yourself this strong
Although I can't read what the title of this thread says, but it sure displays gulaami di nishaani....

And good explanation Bhai Sahib Singh jio!

Jaspreet Singh
what does this say? खुद ही को कर बुलंद इतना
bhai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what does this say? खुद ही को कर
> बुलंद इतना

gursimran Singh has already explained

Khud hi ko kar buland itna

Make yourself this strong
Excellent write up, Sahib Singh jeeo. Very inspiring.

The title of this post is from a Shayer of Allama Iqbal the famous philosopher and poet who wrote many great Ghazals and Nazams in the pre-1947 period when Hindustan was ruled by the British. I remember the Shayers as follows:

ਖ਼ੁਦ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਕਰ ਬੁਲੰਦ ਇਤਨਾ ਕਿ ਹਰ ਤਕਦੀਰ ਸੇ ਪਹਿਲੇ।
ਖ਼ੁਦਾ ਬੰਦੇ ਸੇ ਯੇਹ ਪੂਛੇ ਬੋਲ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਕਿਆ ਹੈ।

(Make yourself so high or lofty that before writing your Qismat (destiny), God may ask you, what is your wish O Man).

ਸਿਤਾਰੋਂ ਸੇ ਆਗੇ ਜਹਾਂ ਅਉਰ ਭੀ ਹੈਂ।
ਅਭੀ ਇਸ਼ਕ ਕੇ ਇਮਤਿਹਾਂ ਅਉਰ ਭੀ ਹੈਂ।

(There are worlds beyond the stars. There are yet more tests of love for you).

ਤੂ ਸ਼ਾਹੀਂ ਹੈ ਪਰਵਾਜ਼ ਹੈ ਕਾਮ ਤੇਰਾ।
ਤੇਰੇ ਸਾਮਨੇ ਅਭੀ ਆਸਮਾਂ ਅਉਰ ਭੀ ਹੈਂ।

(You are a Baaz (falcon) and flying is your duty. Still there are more skies in front of you (to fly))

More than 20 years ago, I had a debate on this Shayer, with a Pakistani friend who was a very intelligent person. I argued that such a concept as described in this poetic couplet was alien to Sikhs where Khuda (God) has to seek permission from us before writing our destiny. I said that this Shayer amounted to doing Shirqat of Vaheguru. He laughed and said that Shirqat in Islam was a major sin. He asked me to look at the Shayer from a different angle. He said that it was all a game of love. When a Faqir (Bhagat) becomes a Majzoob (one with Allah), then out of love, Allah does not do anything against the wish of his Majzoob. He considers the wishes of his Bhagats before deciding anything for them. I did understand his point back then, but because of my Aham (ego) I could not surrender and continued to argue with him. Deep inside, I knew he was correct but did not want to accept my defeat. Such a force is this Haume or Aham. What a loving person this Pakistani fellow was. In his young age, he had so much wisdom. I lost contact with him soon after and have never met him again.

This post brought back some very beautiful memories of the past. Thanks for sharing.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login