ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Life is the Product of Sacrifice

Posted by Preetam Singh 
Life is the Product of Sacrifice.

Akal Purakh asks a women to sacrifice so much before another human can be born. For 9 months she must carry the baby in her womb and go through so much pain throughout that period. When the baby is to be born, the mother has to be willing to sacrifice her life to give birth. For this new life to be brought into the world, the body of the mother is almost crushed beyond repair. She is torn apart and the pain is indescribable. The chances of death are very real. Then starts countless years of pain and sacrifice to raise and to nurture this new life that has come into this world.

But she makes the sacrifice, because that is the price that must be paid for another human to be born.

So much sacrifice is given for someone that the mother does not yet know. There is no guarantee of anything, yet almost every women has been making this sacrifice since the beginning of history.

There is no way for the life to come into this world unless the sacrifice is given. Same way Praptee is not possible without sacrifice. We must give our whole being, our very life, up to every breath, and have no expectations in return. We must give the sacrifice of our Man, Tan, and Dhan out of pure unconditional love.

We can only do the udham, the phal is in the hands of Akal Purakh.

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
awesome thoughts jio
Bearing a child is a matter of pleasure for many ladies. It may cause physical pain but the end result is the immense joy. A mother is one who facilitates the job of God in Pasao.For her child she is no less than a God. She enjoys her company and nurtures her till it grows independent; a human being. She brings another God on earth. Her pains and pangs of labour pains are expression of happiness and not misery. There may be pain but she ,in the hope and expectation a new life remains happy. Pain and suffering are part of Nature.It is His way of working and no one can interfere or do anything.

Our realizing Him is for our own sake. We do this for the sake of happiness, eternal bliss. There is no compulsion. No one forces us to get engaged in the activity unless we are graced upon by Him. Having graced upon we venture into this lovingly.If we succeed we reduce the number of free souls. Looked from this angle we are ,in the process of self-liberating, working against the principle of Pasao

It may be justified as Guru Sahibs have told us.

Life is all happiness Veer ji. This is his play and we are puppet so be happy till we do our jobs and do your job with all humility and love. Do not bother about any pain as pleasure and pains and our desires are cause of our birth and re-incarnations. Remain equi-poised. Do not get involved too intensely in anything and one will find that it was He Himself doing things, we are only instruments to carry out His will.

Our hard work should not be a pain to us. It should be a source of happiness.My view alone.Written hurriedly but all that I have written is from my heart.

One morning, You will meet Him, I am sure and then you will say: " Oh it was so easy my God."

Chardi Kala Veer ji.
There's a saying - No pain no gain. Preetam Singh has used the example of a woman who has to sacrifice and endure pain to get joy of becoming a mother; same way we all will have to sacrifice a lot in order to attain Vaheguru.

A very special Gurbani Pankiti has come to mind, when thinking of sacrifice required to attain the Gurmat spiritual accomplishment:

ਮਰਿ ਮਰਿ ਜੀਵੈ ਤਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਏ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੇ ॥੩॥੫॥੩੯॥
If one lives by dying again and again, chants Naam, then one can achieve something.

How do you live by dying again and again, and along with it say out Naam? By dying again and again, it means that we have to suppress our Manmati temptations. Our state of mind is as follows:

Hazaro Khahishe Aise ke Har Khahish pe Dam nikle.
Bahut Nikle mere Armaan, lekin phir bhee kam nikle.
(We have thousands of wishes and these wishes are such that we want them badly. Even though many of my wishes have come true but I still am not satisfied and say that less of my wishes have come true).

The mind wants the whole world. Under the influence of Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh and Ahankaar, we develop countless wishes. These desires and wishes bring us back into the cycle of birth and death.

To live by dying again and again means to suppress our desires and bring the mind to chant the true Naam. Then alone we can fulfill our spiritual aspirations.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hazaro Khahishe Aise ke Har Khahish pe Dam nikle.
> Bahut Nikle mere Armaan, lekin phir bhee kam nikle.

Nikalna Khuld Se Aadam Ka Sunte Aaye Hain Lekin
Bahut Be-Aabru Hokar Tere Kooche Se Hum Nikle.

This equates to ....
Adam was thrown out of heaven for his Sin. If Sikhs do not work out their goal then with great insults he has to walk down the streets of the next world.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a saying - No pain no gain. Preetam Singh
> has used the example of a woman who has to
> sacrifice and endure pain to get joy of becoming a
> mother; same way we all will have to sacrifice a
> lot in order to attain Vaheguru.
>
> A very special Gurbani Pankiti has come to mind,
> when thinking of sacrifice required to attain the
> Gurmat spiritual accomplishment:
>
> ਮਰਿ ਮਰਿ ਜੀਵੈ ਤਾ
> ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਏ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ
> ਵਖਾਣੇ ॥੩॥੫॥੩੯॥
> If one lives by dying again and again, chants
> Naam, then one can achieve something.
>
> How do you live by dying again and again, and
> along with it say out Naam? By dying again and
> again, it means that we have to suppress our
> Manmati temptations. Our state of mind is as
> follows:
>
> Hazaro Khahishe Aise ke Har Khahish pe Dam nikle.
> Bahut Nikle mere Armaan, lekin phir bhee kam
> nikle.
> (We have thousands of wishes and these wishes are
> such that we want them badly. Even though many of
> my wishes have come true but I still am not
> satisfied and say that less of my wishes have come
> true).
>
> The mind wants the whole world. Under the
> influence of Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh and Ahankaar,
> we develop countless wishes. These desires and
> wishes bring us back into the cycle of birth and
> death.
>
> To live by dying again and again means to suppress
> our desires and bring the mind to chant the true
> Naam. Then alone we can fulfill our spiritual
> aspirations.
>
> Kulbir Singh

I hate to disagree with you and consider that every order contained in 'Rehat' should be lovingly done.That was the only point of slight difference as clarified by you. After learning things from you and this Board it is realized that we can do things when we receive His inspiration and once inspired things should be done with love.

We are all trying to become God and that cannot be an easy task. May be my English is poor. Instead of 'sacrifice' , I would have been happier if word 'effort' had been used. Everything is received if He bestows His Grace. His choice and not our efforts. Any effort done to realize Him is an effort only, till we reach the stage that He comes down to the level that our finite intellect is or He makes us as infinite as He His Himself. In both cases It would be His Grace that would work.

Let us keep walkingon the path and may be some blessed day all of us meet there......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login