ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RACIST VANDALISM OF BRAMPTON SIKH SCHOOLthumbs down

Posted by sahib24 
WSO CONDEMNS RACIST VANDALISM OF BRAMPTON SIKH SCHOOL

Brampton, Canada - The World Sikh Organization of Canada condemns the vandalism of Brampton’s Khalsa School. On Monday night racist graffiti was spray-painted onto the walls of the Sikh elementary school. Security video appears to show that the vandals were three young people.

WSO had previously expressed concern over increased racist hostility against the Canadian Sikh community in the wake of news stories portraying Sikhs as extremists.

“While we are deeply saddened by the vandalism of the Brampton Khalsa School, we’re not completely surprised by it. There have been several incidents of vandalism against the Sikh community across Canada and even recent reports of racist attacks against members of the community. Sikhs have been in Canada well over 100 years and also form an important part of the community in Peel. It’s sad that such acts of intolerance still take place but we’re sure they are not representative of the community at large" Said Ranjit Singh Dulay, WSO's Ontario Vice President.

WSO has called for the vandalism of the Brampton Khalsa School to be investigated as a potential hate crime.

WSO legal counsel Balpreet Singh said, “the safety of the children who are attending summer sessions at the school is paramount. Attacking an elementary school is simply cowardly. What's also disturbing is that the perpetrators appear to be youth themselves. It’s important that those responsible for the vandalism are caught and made to answer for their actions.”

The World Sikh Organization of Canada (WSO) is a non-profit organization with a mandate to promote and protect the interests of Canadian Sikhs as well as to promote and advocate for the protection of human rights for all individuals, irrespective of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, and social and economic status.

[www.panthic.org]

Racist Graffiti at Sikh School in Brampton
Photo by: Toronto Star
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh,
It is indeed surprising that with the long and majority presence of Sikhs in very multi-racial Canada, such racist attacks are occuring. I read a report that hinted racist attacks on the increase since the video by the white girl?
I learnt the hard way that the best way to overcome such is to ignore it, and just go with the flow, so they will give up...especially if no bodily harm, or major damage is caused?
I simply questioned hindu (i assume, as a sikh would not treat another sikh as such?) immigration lady at buffalo/ canada peace bridge, as to why she is sending me in building after answering her many questions (on my way to buy kakaars to prepare for Amrit Sinchar two weeks prior), and each time I pass now, I am sent to building to be rudely treated and interrogated further...so no more Canada trips, and no more questioning those able to put one at their mercy, especially when one is a foreigner?
Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh,
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login