ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anand Sahib

Posted by SaachiPreet 
Anand Sahib
July 09, 2012 02:21AM
Why does all the sangat leave. Must be insane to leave right before ardaas or hukamnama. It's like winning a gold medal but leaving right before you're presented the medal. It's funny how everyone remembers their emergencies and run like their houses are on fire right when it starts.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Anand Sahib
July 09, 2012 01:00PM
Sangat leave because they dont want to concetrate and listen to the Ardas collectively. Can you blame them ? The ardas has become a mere ritual in which people use it to ask for all kinds of material things. Very rarely is the Ardas recited as means for the upliftment of the souls in attendance and most of all for the upliftment of Sri Guru Jis panth. Many people attend the Gurdwara for some self gratifying reasons and thus they use the Ardas for this reason. Money is offered to the granthi and thus an ardas is done on their behalf.

In old days people came to the gurdwara with a panthic mentality. They did not think about their own comforts. Ardas was always done by Naam Abhyiaasi Panj Pyaarey or Gurmukhs and the Ardas was full with the vibrations of NAAM. The atmoshpere was so sacred nobody would even imagine leaving a sacred place which seemed like a reflection of Sri Sach Khand. But nowadays the environment of Ardas is competely worldy . The sangat rarely collectively medidate on Sri guru Ji during Ardas, and thus one does not experience the powerful naam vibrations. So you rarely cant blame anyone for walking away. When Sri Guru JI went to Bhagdad he too did not partcipate in the prayers because the peoples thinking was to engrossed in the worldy affiars.

Im not trying to encourage anyone to walk out during ardas; instead, Im saying if we all concentrate on Naam during ardas instead of thinking why have people walked our during Anand Sahib then the atmosphere will become more sacred and people will feel more inclined to stay.
July 09, 2012 07:05PM
Yes, it's more beneficial to stay until hukamnama and even after until sukhasan and then do seva of Takhat clean up, etc. but you can also look at it in a more positive way, perhaps many of the sangatta that leave were there early to listen to the diwan and had to leave due to early work or amritvela.
July 10, 2012 09:28AM
This is considered to be Niradari (disrespect) of Satguru Jee to leave at Anand Sahib, before Hukamnama and even before Degh. Keertan Divan concludes at Hukamnama and Degh, Sujaan Sikhs do not leave the Darbar before Satguru Jee leave for Sukhasan. This is the practice since first Patshaahi.

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
July 10, 2012 04:43PM
I don't think many people understand (or pay close attention) to the Anand Sahib - because if they did, they would never leave...
Even I didn't know the meaning of it until pretty recently... And as for the Ardaas - yes it is about asking for things but also, it's about remembering the Shaheedaa and asking for forgiveness from Mahraaj for any mistakes... It's also to remember those who have been shaheed but I don't think anyone actually pays close attention to this... Even the Giani Ji at my Gurdwara just hurries with the Ardaas and gets it over and done with... Bu there was this one Giani Ji, who did the Ardaas slowly and with so much shardaa that it was literally impossible for the Sangat to not pay close attention to it.
Have a read of the Anand Sahib's translations! It's really uplifting if you do all 40 Paureeaa, sure to put a smile on your face at least! grinning smiley
Bhul Chuk Maafii

[www.sikhitothemax.com]

Raamkalee, Third Mehla, Anand ~ The Song Of Bliss:
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
I am in bliss, O my mother, for I have found my True Guru.
I have found the True Guru, with ease, and my mind vibrates with the music of bliss.
The jewelled melodies and their related celestial harmonies have come to sing the Word of the Shabad.
The Lord dwells within the minds of those who sing the Shabad.
Says Nanak, I am in bliss, for I have found my True Guru. ||1||

daas123 cool smileycool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login