ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kaljug Meets Guru Nanak Dev Jee

Posted by bhai 
Kaljug Meets Guru Nanak Dev Jee
June 25, 2012 11:49AM
I remember reading a sakhi of when Kaljug met Guru Nanak Dev Jee but i can't find the book that i read it in.
If anyone has the sakhi could you please post it?
Or

Could Bhai Kulbir Singh please post it?

thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
If my memory serves me right which it rarely does ( haha) I think this Sakhi is mentioned by Bhai Vir Singh Ji. I think the sakhi is also briefly mentioned in Bhai Bala Janam Sakhis. I dont have the sakhi at hand but IM sure you can get it from Khalsa School ( surrey, bc)
This Saakhi of a meeting between Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee and Kaljug is written in detail in Janam Saakhi of Bhai Bala jee. I believe it has been adapted by Kavi Santokh Singh in his famous Sooraj Prakash Granth. The Saakhi talks about Kaljug manifesting itself as a person, coming to Guru Sahib, kind of upset because Guru Sahib's Gurmat was reducing the evil effects of Kaljug.

The details of the Saakhi are evading my memory at this time but one vivid memory of this Saakhi is the horribly scary figure of Kaljug. He had a form of a demon, with scary Black colour and large Red eyes. The most peculiar was the position of his hands. When he came to Guru Sahib, with one hand he was holding his tongue and with the other his private part. This was symbolic of the fact that during the reign of Kaljug, people would be driven by taste of the tongue and Kaam (sexual lust). This is so true today when the whole society is driven by Kaam.

Guru Sahib Rakhia Karan. I never want to witness Kaljug or his agents.

Kulbir Singh
From what i vaguely remember when kaljug met Guru Sahib, his clothes were all torn up and Guru Sahib asked them that why are they torn. Kaljug replied that when your Gursikhs wake up at amritvela and jaap naam, they are physically hurting me and weakening me.

This is just shows that if we want to "get back" at kaljug for enticing us in maya, all we have to do is wake up at amritvela and jaap naam.

If anyone has the above mentioned pothi's at home could you please just take a picture or scan the page and upload it?

thanks
Hanji thats the one. Each time someone recites Bani at Amritvela, thats when Kaljug's robes get torn.
Kalyug was a name of a Pandit who was the head priest of a temple in South India. He was so rich that he brought diamonds, pearls, jewels etc. in gold plates in an attempt to test Guru Sahib’s inner dedication to God. Guru Sahib composed the Shabad “Motee Taan Mandar…”. Upon meeting Guru Sahib, Kalyug was so impressed that he became a Sikh. Guru Sahib blessed him with a manji (diocese) and established a Dharamshaal there. His descendants still live there. Bhai Veer Singh and Dr. Trilochan Singh both mention this meeting but Bhai Veer Singh also mentions meeting the demon Kalyug who I personally believe is mythological character. Guru Rakha
there's also a gurdwara sahib built in india at the place where this event occured, but i cant remember the name of it right now...
gurduara where kalyug came for dashan of guru nanak patshah was situtated near sangrur punjab named gurduara nankiana sahib as history written in gurduara sahib that kalyug came to take permission for attending guru nanak patshah sangat but guru nanak patshah asked him not to sit in sangat and gave him place in sangat's jodde ,and strictly warned him that if he atacked on sangat of hari then he will punished very badly and his life come smaller and smaller.
If I can remember correctly it is recorded that Sri Guru Ji met Kaljug ( maya) one time on a boat and another time in Southern India.
Great sharing here - of Kalyug and meeting of Guru Nanak dev jee-- here is more: Baba Nand Singh jee confirming::

This is a Sakhi taken from Anand Chamatkaar Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji told the Sangat how Kaljug met him

Sri Hazur Baba Nand Singh was meditating in Deo Seaal (now in Pakistan). The place selected was a thick jungle. Babaji liked meditating in jungles and avoided cities. Babajis nitnem was to rise and mid night, do ishnan and then simran. Mahapurakh used to say the advent of Sri Satguru Nanak Dev took place at 12.21 am.

One night Baba ji was meditating as usual. Suddenly a person appeared before him. Only his eyes were glowing the rest was all black. Hazur said who is it?. No one spoke. After saying this twice times no one spoke and baba ji waved his stick and said who is it? speak now. And Kaljug said "I am Kaljug the king of this age". Baba ji said what do you want, why have you here after me in this jungle. Kaljug said you meditate day and night come under my rule i will give you everything you want.

Baba ji said there is only one rule at the moment, that is the rule of Guru Nanak. But you go on. Kaljug said why do you meditate this much? you get frozen in the cold water. I will give you a palace to stay in and all the riches you want. Baba ji said i have made a vow never to touch a note in my life and now you may leave before you are forced out of here. Kaljug said i would have told you right now how powerful i am at doing things, but because of your "Sukhmani" i can not doing anything. Babaji well done you have told your own cure.

Before Baba Nand Singh ji would listen to 5 Sukhmani Sahib paath every day. However, after this meeting Babaji said to Kaljug i will start Sukhmani forever at Nanaksar. Kaljug tried his best to stop this 24 hour Paath even hurling the Paathis around and scaring them he eventually gave up and left.

Sukhmani Sukh Amrit Prabh Naam Bhagat Jana Ke Mann Bisraam.

and another :
-------------------------

This sakhi is also in the Janam sakhi of Guru Nanak Dev Jee. Baba Nand Singh Ji shared this with the Sangat so i doubt it is made up. Kaljug also came again in the form of a cat. This Sakhi is in Isher Chamatkaar (life story of Baba Isher Singh Ji)

Baba Isher Singh Ji was helping in the construction of the new Nanaksar Thaath near Jagroan, Ludhiana. At mid night baba ji went to do bisraam and told the sewadar to stand guard, since the prakaash of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji was in the other room. Suddenly a black cat came. The sewadar fell asleep and didn't notice the cat. The cat went into the room. Baba ji at once went into the room and the cat had left but tore up the rumala and ghuldasta. baba isher singh ji said to the sewadar " i told you to keep guard and you fell asleep". Babaji at once did ardas and begged for forgiveness. Baba Nand Singh ji appeared and said "that cat was Kaljug. Where you have started this immense sewa of building the Thaath, you should also start the Sewa of Naam".

Baba Isher Singh ji started Sampat Akhand Paaths of Guru Granth Sahib ji at Sri Nanaksar. 24/7 Paaths of Sukhmani and japji.

Suddenly a person appeared before him. Only his eyes were glowing the rest was all black.

This description of Kaljug seems similar to the one mentioned by Bhai Bala Ji. Maya ( Kaljug) is all black and has blazing red eyes with real big teeth. Kaljug does not have one form but changes into many forms. When confronting Sri Guru Ji mayas form became extremely small.

Sri Guru Ji says that his Gursikhs are going to break the teeth and pull the hair of Maya. Baba Waryam Singh Ji mentions when Gursikhs do Bhagti then Maya ( kaljug) loses its power.

Its quite sad how some Gursikhs refer to the character Kaljug as a mere myth. One of the biggest deception Kaljug has performed is convincing people he does not exist.

One of the biggest deception Kaljug has performed is convincing people he does not exist.

Exist in what sense? A demonic type figure? Can you provide any Gurbani reference to back up your claim? And somehow you are the one free from maya’s deceptions because you believe in a mythical character? Such stories about Kalyug becoming a demon are influenced by Hindu mythology. Nanaksar simply copied the Janamsakhi to exemplify Baba Nand Singh. Maya is not Kalyug and vice versa. First learn the difference before start labeling others.
Interesting....

Bhai Bijla Singh Jeeo,

Do you mean to tell me Bhai Bala Ji one of the closest companions of Sri Guru Ji fabricated this sakhi of Kaljug? Also, did Kavi Santokh Singh Ji fabricate as well? Maya, Kaljug, Satan,Shatan, the devil etc are all one and the same being. Different cultures and religions refer to him/her by different names but ultimately he/she who keeps us away from Sri Guru Ji is a real being and is always on the prey.

Kaljug is very deceptive and has no exact form . If someone does not believe in God they are being possessed by Kaljug. If someone turns their back from Sri GUru Ji they have been possessed by Kaljug. Im not interested in a debate as a means to persuade you to believe in this horrifying being. You have the liberty to believe as you wish. I cannot convince you of Kaljug ( shataan) existence the same way I cannot convince you hell exist. Lets just hope none of us ever have to see with our own eyes. Waaheguru....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login