ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kurheit - is it different between intentional & unintentional?

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
It is well known that if any Kurheit happens, even if you get peshed, there will always be that burden with you in this world and in Dargah i.e. like if a thread breaks and even if you tie it back with a knot, it will always have a knot in it and can never become same again.

My question is that if the kurheit is unintentional for medical reasons (accident/maternity etc.), does that apply as well or is it only for intentional kurheits?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhai Sahib Harmeet Singh jeo,

You write - "> It is well known that if any Kurheit happens, even
> if you get peshed, there will always be that burden with you in this world and in Dargah
".

I'm not comfortable with this statement. I've always been under the impression that if you actually repent for what you have done, and goes pesh, and accepts whatever punishment Punj Pyarre gives, then basically means that Punj Pyarre have forgiven you for that sin, which effectively means that Guru Ji has forgiven. Then there is no question of any further burden for thst sin.

Of course, it goes without saying, that it is the purity of your intention that counts, and you can't use this process to commit kurheit again and again, thinking that you can do pesh everytime, and hence will not be accountable for them.

Bhai Kulbir Singh Jeo and others, pls share your thoughts on this!

Thanks in advance!

-Dass
Reply Quote It is well known that if any Kurheit happens, even > if you get peshed, there will alw ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C22172%2C22263%23msg-22263" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
No veerji, after the Kurheit one can never be exactly same as before even after punishment from 5 pyaare. That is the reason why a person with a kurheit can't do seva in 5 pyaare. However I am not sure whether it is the same if the Kurheit is intentional or unintentional. I think the above only holds true for intentional Kurheits though but sangat can guide more.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
What if a family member place Gurujio's photo with deities, and I say nothing (for fear of being outcast again?).
Is this considered a kurehit, please?
Bhul chuk muaf
ks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
> What if a family member place Gurujio's photo with
> deities, and I say nothing (for fear of being
> outcast again?).
> Is this considered a kurehit, please?
> Bhul chuk muaf

This is not a Kurehit. However you should try to explain that it is not right as per Gurmat.
And if a family member like that wishes to make you an outcast for speaking up, then it would not be a terrible thing! Keeping good sangat is very important!
Harmeet Singh Wrote:
> My question is that if the kurheit is
> unintentional for medical reasons
> (accident/maternity etc.), does that apply as well
> or is it only for intentional kurheits?

I would say for intentional Kureheits only-- however I am a moorakh keera of this world I am most likely wrong ,
Thanks TSinghjio,
Only Gurujio can make my ardent ardas to be only around good sangat, everyone here/ almost everywhere else too feels need to conform to environment, instead of Gurbani.
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

[sgpc.net]

"In the event of the commission of any of these transgressions (Bujjar Kuhrehits), the transgressor must get baptised again. If a transgression is committed unintentionally and unknowingly, the transgressor shall not be liable to punishment."

Panthic Rehat Maryada stance.
Harmeet Singh Wrote:
> It is well known that if any Kurheit happens, even
> if you get peshed, there will always be that
> burden with you in this world and in Dargah i.e.
> like if a thread breaks and even if you tie it
> back with a knot, it will always have a knot in it
> and can never become same again.
>
> My question is that if the kurheit is
> unintentional for medical reasons
> (accident/maternity etc.), does that apply as well
> or is it only for intentional kurheits?

Many times we think kes beadi refers to the cutting or removal of kes. This is far from the truth. This is only one aspect of kes beadi. Kes beadbi refers to disrespecting and not taking care of your kes. For example, if one does not wash kes every day, and oil it at least once a week. This too is kes beadbi. the rehatnamey refer to such people as tankhiya and kurehit. In puratan times, one who did not take proper care of kes was not considered for panj seva. Guru Ji says we cannot even eat with out doing kesi ishnaan.
This is the first time I have heard not taking proper care as Kurheit. Either you are confusing both terms or I am missing something. I know it is still Kes Beadbi and one can be called Tankhaia but it is way different than the 4 Bajjar Kurheits.

If one isn't taking proper care of kes, he isn't allowed 5 pyaare seva but as far as I know if one starts to take proper care, then they are still allowed. However with Kurheit it is different as if it happens, it haunts until rest of the life and after... which was the point in question.
Harmeet Singh Jeeo,

Beadi does not mean cutting. Beadbi means disrespecting/dishonoring. For example, if someone dyes their natural hair this is no different then cutting. IF someone does not comb and wash their kes daily this to is beadbi. I hope you understand this common sense approach. I am not stating one cannot do panj if in the past they did not take care of kes. Im simply stating kes beadbi just does not just refer to cutting or removing kes.
A kurehit is anything that goes against rehit. For example, if the rehit is to do cold ishnaan everyday and you do not do cold ishnaan it is a kurehit. This being said, there is a major difference between a kurehit and a bajjar kurehit. A kurehit can be forgiven by either doing individual ardaas or by appearing before sangat to get ardaas done whereas a bajjar kurehit can only be dealt with by the Panj Pyare.

If someone does not wash their hair everyday or does not do kanga then it is a kurehit but not a bajjar kurehit. A bajjar kurehiti cannot do seva in Panj Pyare even after getting pesh in most circumstances. It is a case-to-case decision, we cannot paint everything as a bajjar kurehit as some people often do.

Guru Sahib sumat bakhshan

Preetam Singh
Everybody interprets the bajjar kurehits differently. Some people have conservative interpretations others have liberal. For example, some Gursikhs interepret the bajjaru Kurehit as meat obtained through Islamic rites. On the other hand I interpret Halal as , Egg, fish and meat.

SOme people refer to Hooka as hashish smoked in a pipe. I refer to Hooka as any stimulant including tea and these new age muscle enhancers that we see so many body building SInghs using.

Some people interpret Hajmat( KEs beadbi) as removing kes on head. They say thigns like dying hair or removing kes for medical reasons are accepted and are not classified as bajjar kurehit. I refer to Hajmat as not taking proper care of Kes which includes cutting, dying, not oiling , washing and combing. The original term for Kes beadbi l is Hajmat. Hajmat is an ISlamic practice in which a person shaves his head and leaks out blood from his head. According to Islamic Science, this has some type of medical benefit.
Sukhdeep Sodhi Singh jeeo;

the question or concern is not about what someone else feels or believes as socially or morally deviant or unacceptable forms of conduct. I think the topic of interest here really is what has been going on and practiced within the social gatherings of Gursikhs worldwide for centuries.

Jaspreet Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login