ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where are my parents ?!?

Posted by Preetam Singh 
I was at the Wal-mart getting some stuff for the house when I saw a young punjabi girl around 6 years old walking by herself crying very hysterically. She had a kara on her arm so I knew that she wouldn't be scared if I asked her why she was crying. I called out to her and said "Oye, rouna nee, kee hoeya?" She looked at me and seeing that I am in bana probably thought I was a granthi. She was still crying but was trying to tell me what happened. In her hysterical mood she was not even able to tell me her name without choking on her words. All she could say was "mere mummy papa kithey ah?!?"

My heart was melting at the tears of this young girl and I made up my mind that I was going to help her find her parents. So I told her that I would help her and that we would find her parents if she would follow me. I took her by the hand and we went to the customer service desk where they announced to her parents to come and get her. By this time she was not crying as loudly but still a steady stream of tears was flowing down her cheeks. I asked her to tell me where she lost her parents, or what they looked like, but this made her cry even more. The memory was so very traumatic that it was unbearable to bring back.

While waiting for her parents to come and get her a very powerful feeling of bairaag hit me and I realized that I was also lost from my parent Vaheguru! Just like this young girl while in vichora we are unable to reasonably try and find our parent. The bairaag is so much that we are just wandering around crying loudly with no hope of finding Akal Purkh. Only when Guru Sahib comes and takes our hand can we be led to our Pita Mata Vaheguru! Vah vah !

May Satguru jee delay no longer in grabbing our hand.

ਏਕੁਪਿਤਾਏਕਸਕੇਹਮਬਾਰਿਕਤੂਮੇਰਾਗੁਰਹਾਈ ॥ ਸੁਣਿਮੀਤਾਜੀਉਹਮਾਰਾਬਲਿਬਲਿਜਾਸੀਹਰਿਦਰਸਨੁਦੇਹੁਦਿਖਾਈ ॥੧॥

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Where are my parents ?!?
May 25, 2012 09:18PM
Great post Veer Jee.
May 26, 2012 04:13PM
Vaheguru,
Tudh bin kari nimani!
Very inspiring post. A Gursikh takes inspiration from normal day to day incidents because his main focus is always spiritual.

Kulbir Singh
Vahegurooo
Vaahegurooo! Amazing Veerjee!
May 27, 2012 03:23PM
Vahegurooo
May 27, 2012 06:42PM
Vahegurooo, how true
Beautiful. Few things to learn

1) We should be always crying for our parents in order to get attention of some saint like you who could feel our pain and help us meet.
2) We should always look like our parents as KARA on the girl assured you that she was sikh and would talk to you, so the saints would also help the Gursikhs having same physical appearance as their parents (Bana,Kakars are so much needed for our identification)
3) Although its not possible to describe our parents in full but we should atleast learn as much as possible about him from GURU GRANTH SAHIB ji so we could tell someone whom we are looking for and we dont choose someone wrong (Bhaikhi Saints of the world).
4) As you got ready to help her if she followed you - So for sure GURU or his Saints would help us too only if we make our mind to follow our Guru.
5) Most Important - Our cries should go loud and loud and shouldnt settle for anything less than actually meeting our Parents,same as loud cries of the girl melted you that much.

Guru Sahib kirpa karn all of us get some kind hearted saint like you who could make out that we have lost our parents and help us to get to them.

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
A very moving account Bhai Preetam Singh ji. Thank you.
ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿੰਘ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beautiful. Few things to learn
>
> 1) We should be always crying for our parents in
> order to get attention of some saint like you who
> could feel our pain and help us meet.
> 2) We should always look like our parents as KARA
> on the girl assured you that she was sikh and
> would talk to you, so the saints would also help
> the Gursikhs having same physical appearance as
> their parents (Bana,Kakars are so much needed for
> our identification)
> 3) Although its not possible to describe our
> parents in full but we should atleast learn as
> much as possible about him from GURU GRANTH SAHIB
> ji so we could tell someone whom we are looking
> for and we dont choose someone wrong (Bhaikhi
> Saints of the world).
> 4) As you got ready to help her if she followed
> you - So for sure GURU or his Saints would help us
> too only if we make our mind to follow our Guru.
> 5) Most Important - Our cries should go loud and
> loud and shouldnt settle for anything less than
> actually meeting our Parents,same as loud cries of
> the girl melted you that much.
>
>
>
> Guru Sahib kirpa karn all of us get some kind
> hearted saint like you who could make out that we
> have lost our parents and help us to get to them.

Sahib Singh Jee, bahut hee Vadhiya. Here is the 6th point to add to that list

I took her by the hand and we went to the customer service desk where they announced to her parents to come and get her.

6. This can be equated to Saint lending hand to Gursikhs to help them reach Sach-Khand smiling smiley

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Thank You for sharing your account with the lost child Preetam Singh Veerjee. It is always good to connect our daily accounts with Gursikhee. Hopefully we realize how lost we really are without VahegurooJee like the lost child was without her parents..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login