ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bentee - GurooSaahib's Saroop Needed

Posted by Sanjeet Kaur 
Sangat jee,

As your younger sister, I have a humble bentee before you. We are eagerly and desperately seeking a Lareevaar Saroop of Sri Guroo Granth Saahib Jee for sevaa at home. Several Gursikhs have been requested to locate Guroo Saahib's Saroop, however, there has been no luck as of yet. If there is anyone who knows where we can receive a Saroop on the West Coast of North America (ie. Vancouver, Seattle, even California), we can arrange to receive the Saroop from wherever possible. Please contact myself through the PM service on this forum.

Please accept this as our humble bentee and do this kirpaa on us.

Aap jee dey dhanvaadhee,

Sanjeet Kaur (Vancouver)
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhainjee, Ask around for the contact info for Bhai Balwant Singh jee (Bay Area).

He just might be able to help you out.
The saroop that Bh. Balwant Singh jee had is no longer available.. We too, in NJ, have asked and searched every corner of North America with all Singhs from the Jathaa and nothing has come up yet. TIS MOHAN LAAL PYAARE, HAUN FIRON KHOJANTEEAA. HeHe. Seriously though, Guru je kirpa karan, it will happen. We shall all do ardas for this daily.
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fatheh!

Bhainjee,

I believe there is a LaReevaar suroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at Gurdwara Sahib Dasmesh Darbar.

At least this was the case a few years ago. I don't know if their suroop is still there.

I think it would be good if a Gursikh family like yours did seva of Guru Sahib daily, rather than their suroop being on Sukh Asin at the Gurdwara Sahib. It's very rare for someone to go with that suroop to their home.
I thought SGPC where making a printing place for Saroops in Vancouver area?

Even though we don't agree with printing Saroops as the satkaar can not be maintained, that is the only option at this time until we get more likharee's of BaNee.
The Saroop at Dasmesh Darbar is no longer available, I have already checked for Bhenjee.
It is actually really sad to know that there are Saroops in Saukhasan around various places where Parkaash of the Saroop is only done once in a while or a few times a year, yet there are genuine Gursikhs who are in eager need of Saroops to do daily seva, Sehaj Paath and to receive daily darshan.

Something needs to be done for those genuine Gursikhs in the West who are being deprived of doing daily seva at home. It is a must that Saroops are not just left in Saukhasan while there are Gursikhs who are eager to do daily seva.

If anyone knows of a Saroop anywhere, please help out any Gursikh who is sincere and eager in doing seva rather than a Saroop just collecting dust at various places.

Guru Sahib aap hi kirpa karan ate sumath bakshan.
In reply to Amrit Vela Ji,

To be honest, this is a dhil of the Gursikhs who do parbandak seva of the Gurdwara Sahibs, and everyone who has any influence in Gurdwara management committees.

If 2-3 Gurdwara Sahibs coordinated together, then a chartered flight could be arranged to bring many Lareevar Suroops of Guru Sahib from India.

There was a chartered flight that brought suroops with pad-chhed printing to Ontario several years ago. According to what they showed, it was done with full respect.

It is better that those suroops are prakash in loving homes of Gursikhs with sharda rather than sitting in Sukh Asin asthaan of Gurdwara Sahibs where their seva may only be done once or twice a year, as you said.
Vista
I thought SGPC where making a printing place for Saroops in Vancouver area? Even though we don't agree with printing Saroops as the satkaar can not be maintained, that is the only option at this time until we get more likharee's of BaNee.

If Guru Sahib's saroops are already available in printed form, then of course we should welcome taking on seva of these saroops, but I don't think we should support the continued printing of gurbani. It's far better to become likharees ourselves. If we wish to have to do seva of Guru Sahib, then writing a saroop is a maahaan seva in itself, and an infinitely better option than supporting printing, which is a form of major beadbi due to the lack of satkaar, as you've mentioned.
Vista Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought SGPC where making a printing place for
> Saroops in Vancouver area?
>
> Even though we don't agree with printing Saroops
> as the satkaar can not be maintained, that is the
> only option at this time until we get more
> likharee's of BaNee.

This isn't happening in Vancouver, it is supposed to be happening somewhere in the US, I think in North Carolina.
Bhain Sanjeet Kaur jeo,

Saroops are hard to get because if you want one in India, you need to place an order with SGPC. They are only printed is there is an order by SGPC in India. However.....

1 Try checking at Gurughars which are 50 years older as I found 2 saroops in my area at a 70 and 90 year old Gurughar respectively. 60 years ago Pad Ched saroops were not widely printed yet, so only lareevaar saroops were in use.(god forbid-assuming the Gurughars have not done agan bheyt of such sarooops, which is most likely sadly) My 2 local Gurughar choose to keep keep these saroops though parkash is never done,

2. As a last resort, having consulted elder gurmukhs in India...it is fine to combine lareevaar senchia of SGGS jee to form a saroop. Provided, those who you will give the job(non-gursikh) to bind the 2 senchia observe respect and suchamta as per gurmat. For this, the binding of the Saroops needs to be done under our supervision, the elder gurmukhs stressed.

Chota veer
Vaheguroo jee,

A heartfelt thank you for the suggestions/ardaasaan from Gurmukh pyaarey. Hopefully Guroo Saahib does kirpaa soon. The Gurdwarey that have Guroo Saahib's Laarivaar Saroop are not willing to permanently give the Saroops to anyone. If anyone ever hears anything, or finds out about a Saroop, please post back here or PM me.

Bohut bohut dhanvaadh jee,

Sanjeet Kaur
Bhein Ji, may be you can convince them to have THAT SAROOP, for a week or so, for Sehaj Path. And most probably, they will not deny it; because they do not need LAREEDAR SAROOP so often. Why should they deny it, if they do not do PARKASH of THAT? And if they want THAT back, for PARKASH, it is again good. Just beg for that. It is sewa.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bibi jio, if you don't find here bring Larrivaar Saroop from Punjab.

Regards,
Jasjit Singh
JASJIT SINGH Wrote:
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
>
> Bibi jio, if you don't find here bring Larrivaar
> Saroop from Punjab.
>
> Regards,
> Jasjit Singh

Bhai Jasjit Singh jio,
how would one bring Guru Sahibaan's Saroop overseas? What protocol or Maryada can possibly be implemented? Certainly, we can't imagine locking up Guru Sahib, Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, in a suitcase....confused smiley
Bhenji,
i had posted an article in this forum about
a Gursikh keeping stock of Gurbani in basement
in los angeles, california, for Gurdwaras in return
for donations. This article is also on sikhnet.com
Sanjeet Kaur Bhenji,

In the olden times Saroops were exteremly hard to acquire since they were handwritten by Gur-Sevaks. Only those Gursikhs who would convert their homes into a Dharamshaal would be rewarded with a saroop. Nowadays we have many people using GUru Jis saroop as their own private property. They dont have programs at their house nor do they follow Maryada in keeping GUru Ji. Some dont even wake up for AMrit Vela to do parkaash? People keep Guru Jis saroop but they do not convert house into a GUrghar then they wonder why they dont reap the benefits of having Guru Jis saroop. They watch bad tv shows, they eat on tables, etc.

Sri Granth Sahib Ji is not some text for our own private study. Yes, we learn from Guru Ji on a daily basis, but ultimately SRi Guru Granth Sahib Ji is God and GUru Ji is meant for the kushi of all genunine seeking souls.If you really want Guru Jis saroop do Ardas and promise GUru Ji you will at least have a programs at your house at least twice a year. Your ardas will become successful if you currently invite sangat for kirtan. Its guranteed!
Excellent thoughts Sukhdeep Singh jeeo. The house should become a Dharamshala after Guru Sahib's Prakash.

Kulbir Singh.
Bhai Jaspreet Singh Jio,

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sorry for late reading and reply to your hukam. I thought you are not in desperate need of Saroop because you are residing in Tirath Asthaan and with best Gurmukhs of North America. Anyway to your question Daas is not aware of any protocol or directive given by Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib that how to bring Guru Sahib's saroop to abroad. If there is any please anyone bring to Daas's attention. SRM does not say anything either it only says:

ਖ) ਇਕ ਤੋਂ ਦੂਜੀ ਥਾਂ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਲੈ ਜਾਣ ਵੇਲੇ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਨੀ ਚਾਹੀਏ। ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਸਿਰ 'ਤੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਚੁੱਕਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ, ਉਹ ਨੰਗੇ ਪੈਰੀਂ ਚਲੇ, ਪਰ ਜੇਕਰ ਕਿਸੇ ਮੌਕੇ ਜੋੜੇ ਪਾਣ ਦੀ ਅਤਿ ਲੋੜ ਪੈ ਜਾਵੇ, ਤਾਂ ਭਰਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਨਾ।

Hence, in absence of any clear direction at Panthic level to bring Guru Sahib’s saroop abroad I will try to stick with traditional approach as exist in Punjab that 5 Singhs can bring the Maharaaj Jee saroop from one place to another. Same way If possible 5 Singhs (if no problem of visa or other circumstances) can bring the saroop either by plane or by ship to abroad with as much Maryada as possible but at the same I have heard from many Singhs that even two Singhs brought the Saroop to UK, Canada and USA. In fact the only Larrivaar Saroop we have here in New Jersey which enshrines our Jatha Smagams was brought to U.S by Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee about twenty years ago from Punjab via Plane.

I would say one should just use the approach by which best Maryada is possible to keep the Satkaar. Baaki only Guru Sahib knows what is Ultimate Maryada what this insect can dictate.

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
Gurmukho let’s go in different direction. Up until now, on this thread no one had the real solution to the problem at individual level. The desire of Bibi ji to de seva of Larrivaar saroop might of many others who is reading this website or may be hundreds of other Sikhs in North America. If individual efforts did not bring any positive results then we can try a collective effort. If we are in good numbers let’s say 100 for instance then we can do something better to bring Maharaaj’s saroop here. Daas is made aware of an option SGPC have sending saroop aboard and they sent to Italy recently. It a bit compromised solution but not bad either in many Singhs thinking. But to have that approach we have to show how many are in need. Can Gurmatbibek.com admin help advertise and build the request list for names/addresses of the Singhs/Singhnis/Gurudwara who needs Guru Sahib’s saroop and once we reach the mark or more then we can approach to SGPC to look over. It is very likely Guru Sahib will do kirpa and our wish will come true. What every one think?

With Regards,
Jasjit Singh
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

What of the Canadian airplane seva that is done every so often? Perhaps a request for Larivaar Saroops to be printed based on a pre-registration list and having said Saroops sent?

[news.bbc.co.uk]

I am assuming as this has taken place twice, that further arrangements would be possible?
Bhai MS Singh jio,

Your idea is also another option but again before we look forward and weight the options best suited for Satkaar wise Daas would suggest making the list first. Once you have list handy with Maya as backup you will see the difference, SGPC will be after you to send the saroops. Sometimes numbers play greater role. So, let's build a list and see where things go. What ADMIN thinks?

Regards,
Jasjit Singh
Bringing saroop on plane is a daunting task but can be done with His grace and guidance. Main thing is to do Ardaas for the unintentional beadbiaan that will be encountered. It all depends on your personal level of analytically thinking what is appropriate and not. When daas brought saroop on plane that Bhai Jasjit Singh jee is speaking of from Atlanta to here in New Jersey, the seva was void of what we normally see happening when Guru sahib travels house to house in everyday situations. Since then, there have been 3 or 4 Amrit Sanchaars, 3 or 4 Shri Akhand Paath Sahibs, and countless Akhand Keertan programs with that same Saroops haazri... so do I feel guilty for the unintentional beadbian, no. After Ardaas and bhul chuk maafe, and seeing how much kalaa Guru sahib has brought our area since then, it felt OK. It's up to each persons personal feelings if they feel like they can do this or not, but like Bh. Jasjit Singh jee said, there is no set protocol from Shri Akaal Takth Sahib yet. If someone wants to sincerely know for their benefit details of how it was brought, they can email or PM me. Best possible option for the future would to have SGPC arrange it with our push and maya, or to have Saroops made here with our own resources in North America. Also, for just curiosity sake, how does UK jatha sangat handle this maslaa with all their UK and European smagams? Does UK jathaa have enough saroops or not?
I recommend joining two Senchiya together. There are Gursikhs who have the skill to bind them together try scout them in your local areas or districts.

In regards to Bh Bhagajot Singh jees question, the UK Jatha manage with Lardaar Saroops at Smagams and Amrit Sanchaars. But there is a shortage for people wanting to do Prakash at home and only about 10% of Gurdwara Sahibs do daily Lardaar Saroop Prakash in UK.
sgpc made hspecial bus for it in it guru sahib's 450 sarup placed this bus send to italy by ship and bus was placed in container and container placed top of the all container on ship.
Jeeo which gurdwara sahib's in UK are these that do parkash of larivaar saroop daily?

Vista Wrote:
> I recommend joining two Senchiya together. There
> are Gursikhs who have the skill to bind them
> together try scout them in your local areas or
> districts.
>
> In regards to Bh Bhagajot Singh jees question, the
> UK Jatha manage with Lardaar Saroops at Smagams
> and Amrit Sanchaars. But there is a shortage for
> people wanting to do Prakash at home and only
> about 10% of Gurdwara Sahibs do daily Lardaar
> Saroop Prakash in UK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login