ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vitamin A palmitate

Posted by bhai 
vitamin A palmitate
May 20, 2012 10:22PM
i just wanted to bring this up, a couple of months ago some members on this forum where saying that we should only drink 3.25% milk because it did not contain vitamin A palmitate, which they beleived was derived from a fish source. So they said we should not drink 1% or 2% milk.

Being a naive person and just believing what people say sometimes on this forum without doing my own research( plus i hadnt finsihed taking my organic chemistry course) i bleived what they said.

But they were wrong, vitamin A palmitate is synthetically derived chemical( ie. man made in the labratory) that is used to fortify low fat milk. It is not dervied from animals so it safe to drink 1% or 2% milk.

Today, Vitamin A is derived from Vitamin A acetate, a synthetic organic chemical. The Vitamin A molecule is very unstable by itself. To create a more stable configuration, it is reacted with methyl palmitate. This is called Vitamin A Palmitate, which is considered a synthetic product. It is the only form of Vitamin A used to fortify dairy products.
source

and

The Palmitic acid in Vitamin A "Palmitate" is usually sourced from Palm trees.
eatbibek.com

so if you had been drinking 1% or 2% milk and then found out from this forum that you were not supposed to drink 1% or 2% milk from a post that a member on this forum wrote (without doing thier research) you dont have to beleive them anymore.

I will repeat myself again, vitamin A palmitate is not from a meat source it is synthetically dervied(ie man made in tha labratory).

If you are still not sure you can google it,

Or call the milk company and just ask them if it is from a animal source or if it is synthetically derived
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeeo

Vaheguroojeekaakhalsaa
Vaheguroojeekeefathehh

First off thank you for providing this info. I'm sure many users will benefit from it.

I just wanted to make 2 points veerjee.

First off, you seemed a bit upset and irritated with the original post here a long time ago, about Vitamin A Palmatite being a fish oil, veerjee, many websites claimed that it indeed was derived from the liver of the fish, and hence the information was posted for the benefit of the sangat. So please don't be so repetitive in pointing out that "research wasn't done"
It was indeed done, hence the reasoning for those postings. Research isn't always accurate as you pointed out.

Secondly, unless somebody has a health problem/concern, they should stick with 3.25% Homo Milk, because personally, 1%, 2% and Skim Milk are equal to drinking water, there is no taste or fun in that milk. If farm milk/raw milk is available then we should use that. The amount of chemicals and boosters that are put in such thin milks JUST SO THAT MILK CAN BE HIGHER IN NUTRITIONAL VALUE. I mean what's the use, we are drinking the same stuff, one with more milk, and one with chemicals and vitamins.

Now, I find THAT ignorant.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf Jee
-Upkaar Singh

And Always Remember to Boil.
Anyone who calls themself a gursikh of guru sahib will not even look at that kind of milk... forget drink it. So "bhai" you have now reassured yourself that it is now "allowed" to drink that milk because Vitamin A Palmitate isn't derived from an animal but what about the mere fact that the milk has ingredients, chemicals added into it by manmukhs? that milk is still not allowed to be drunk by anyone who is amritdhari.

The only option for a gursikh for milk is Farm milk, if that option isn't availible for the gursikh in question, then 3.25% milk. anything other than that is un acceptable.

Binodh Singh

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
Re: vitamin A palmitate
May 22, 2012 03:18PM
who do you think milk's the cows?------> obvisouly not a gursikh so according to your logic 3.25% milk shouldnt be drunk by a bibeki person.

the only reason i posted about vitamin A palamite was because my mom kept nagging at me for the past 9 months are so to drink the 1% or 2% milk just because i told her that its not bibeki to drink even though i always have drunk 3.25% milk since childhood. so for some reason i just posted to let other people no there was nothing wrong with it.

and FYI most ppl drink 1% or 2% so that doesnt mean you should look down on them,
who do i think milks the cows? i know who milks the cows, manmukhs do, hence the reason why we boil the milk before using it.

3.25 milk is acceptable, because there is no milavat, added ingredients in that milk, all they do is paseurize the milk.

Where in my post did I give you the idea i was looking down upon people who drink that milk, i only expressed the view that, anyone calling themself a bibeki, will not drink that milk, as it obviously goes against bibek.

and for YOUR information, i don't really care what the rest of the world does. it does not concern me in the slightest. i only care that you are putting anti gurmat information on this website. A lot of people who read this information are people who are taking their baby steps in sikhi, this site doesn't need information that deteriorates the gurmat philosophy of this website.

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
May 23, 2012 12:10AM
Sorry Veer Jeeo, but what is 1%, 2% and 3.25% Milk we are talking about. What is this percentage confused smiley ?

What do we have to watch out for Milk Packets in Indian Cities (the Cities where person has No access to farm milk) ?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
May 23, 2012 11:29AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Bhaijio, and Binodh Singhjio,
Both your posts seem full of retort, as well as full of humor; trying to convince yourselves, and others as to what is truly bibeki?
I would hope Gurujio will forgive those who love Him so much that they would like to ensure what they consume, is what He Himself has made available, and approves?
Gurujio has put each of us in our environment, so let us do ardas for Him to please provide Khalistan, so the rest can follow; like Khalsa milk, Khalsa community, Khalsa flights, Khalsa places of employment, Khalsa schools...Khalsa Raj right here on earth without further delay, and who better to do this ardas then His Beloved Khalsa?
Waheguru, Tudh Bin Kari Nimani!
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
May 23, 2012 02:23PM
I've always thought that raw food (ie. fruit) are acceptable if taken from non-amritdharis. The whole theory of boiling the milk because it was milked by non-amritdharis seems hard to buy into and probably a new invention.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji fought hard to milk his own cow even whilst in jail. If it was acceptable to use milk by others, he could have easily boiled it and used it. But no. We should say NO to milk from any dairies in the west as they sell their cows to slaughterhouses when they are aged. No Gursikh should support such evil companies for the sake of food.
Binodh Singh jeo, if you go to any proper Sarblohee langgar in India. They will definately ask you where you consume your milk from. If one consumes any milk(cow,goat, buffalo) which has not been milked from the mammal directly by a gursikh. The propability is one will not be allowed to do langgar sewa let a lone touch anything there.

Umkeo Heo
I've always thought that raw food (ie. fruit) are acceptable if taken from non-amritdharis. The whole theory of boiling the milk because it was milked by non-amritdharis seems hard to buy into and probably a new invention.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji fought hard to milk his own cow even whilst in jail. If it was acceptable to use milk by others, he could have easily boiled it and used it. But no. We should say NO to milk from any dairies in the west as they sell their cows to slaughterhouses when they are aged. No Gursikh should support such evil companies for the sake of food.

In Punjab, very minimal number of sarblohees own their own cows/buffalos. Majority get milk themselves from dairies or from people who allow them to milk their buffalos. They pay the owners for each litre of milk. Which seems fine to me.

People there never keep their buffalos/cows forever. Once it will never be able to milk again, the buffalo is left loose. The conditions of such animals in villages around Punjab is a pitty having seen it myself.India is also a big importer of buffalo meat.

We have a very "objective" way of thinking concerning such issue. Should gursikhs stop preparing karah parshad now ?because ghee comes cows/buffalo milk too.

Chota veer
May 24, 2012 03:33PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Seems like a great business opportunity for a Gurmat Bibeki to make a reality for the good of all Gurmat Bibekis world over, dairy farm/ vegetables market, and grocery store, along with personal hygience items; not forgetting the freedom to adopt Gurmat lifestyle when business prosper to own airplanes, own island, then help struggling Gurmukhs?
Bhul chuk muaf.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
June 06, 2012 06:14AM
Vjkk vjkf

After recent vichaars with singhs, i have come to realize that i myself have been commiting a dhil of consuming 3.25% milk, hence i would like to apologize for the comments made by daas on this topic

Binodh Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login